It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From the horse's mouth -Iran Supreme council:-new nuke capability and threats to Humanity.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
SO that is it then ATS?

We are determined to villanize Iran for the next couple news cycles until Joe America can get properly lathered up and demand Iranian blood?

Although I know any ATSer with half a brain is watching this theatre of the absurd and seeing the painfully transparent motives, I also sadly know that this tactic will work for those who have, shall we say, strong follower tendencies.

Appeal to conservatives? Check. (Sea of Hormuz and oil embargo)

Appeal to Liberals? Check. (They kill the gays!)

Now, the trick is to make the connection between Iran and Al Queda, or the Taliban, or, if you're feeling plucky or bucking for promotion, a brand new group of dastardly brown folks to hate.

How sick is it that we can see that Iran is in the crosshairs already, and they are just searching for an excuse that Americans will buy?

'SO that is it then ATS?

Some are determined to villanize the WORLD for the next couple news cycles until Mullah Iran can get properly lathered up and demand Humanity's blood?

Although I know many ATSer with a brain are watching this theatre of the absurd and seeing the painfully transparent motives, I also sadly know that this tactic will work for those who have, shall we say, strong follower tendencies.

Appeal to Muslim conservatives? Check. (Western Imperialism)

Appeal to Muslim moderates? Check. (They butcher muslims in the past!)

Now, the trick is to make the connection between the West and USA supposed 'imperialism', or Iraq, or, if you're feeling plucky or bucking for promotion, a brand new group of dastardly humanity to hate.

How sick is it that some can see that USA is in the crosshairs already, and they are just searching for an excuse that the common iranians and muslims will buy?'

Dear jimnuggits,

See how easy it was for me to just use a few words to replace your sacasm and emotional appeal?

If only you truly care to look, there are always 2 sides of the picture, and thankfully, ATS allows us to rationally voice our views, so that more be informed, freely and without fear and favor. There will never be a consensus or full agreement, for that would only be 'group think' or forced (fear inducing) views. Each is free to speak up and present their logic and be considered, or the lack of it to be ignored

In the end, you and I share this world. There has got to be a COMMON GROUND we can stand on, regardless our differences, for we are only human, loved and be loved in return with this gift of life, to protect not only ourselves, but more so those we care about, and want no harm to come to espacially to them.

I ask of you now - what is or are the common grounds you and I can seek for, regardless if we are just insignificant nobodies or persons of vested interest with differences, what do YOU truly seek for?

Do spend some time considering my post before you reply. It may be the solution to the crisis. Search within yourself and allow my word to haunt you in your heart, before you give a sincere and honest reply. You are my brother, and I have no wish to say goodbye to you when the bombs start to fall...It's what we do in this world that our names will be remembered for immortality, or to be spat upon for generations.....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

Originally posted by McGinty

You can engage in endless and pointless acrobatics in order to sell the pig, but all I can say is: making the U.S. an opponent? It was about time someone took up the bully!

Tell that to the dead Iranian children once the U.S have bombed the # out of them. I hope Iran are wise enough not to give 'cause' to the warmongers.

Giving in to U.S. demands didn' t help iraqis. As a consequence of Saddam's disarming 1.5 million of them have been murdered in cold blood.

Did you read my posts?

I've already said that i hope Iran doesn't make the same mistake as Saddam, namely an overtly aggressive act giving the U.S. the excuse to bomb. Saddam's invasion Kuwait gave the U.S international mandate to move in on Iraq. As i've said clearly i hope Iran doesn't make the same mistake. They need to fight U.S cunning with Iranian cunning, not with missiles - many millions of lives are at stake, so think with your brain rather than your balls.

Now you pretend Iran has to do the same?

See above

The U.S. is pushing countries into a lose-lose corner, so if a country is set to have millions of people murdered no matter what it does then it might as well die causing maximum damage to the U.S.

I take it that you or your loved ones have been bombed by U.S drones and Stealth jets at some point in the past to be making such statements inviting death and misery. Or are you just full of it?

Let me remind you that a pantomime U.S. judge has declared Iran guilty of 9-11, so the U.S. has decided that whatever goodwill gestures Iran might do won't count except for a quicker demise.

No, please don;t remind me, instead re-read my posts that you have taken issue with and see that i've being saying all along that the U.S is playing politics here, looking for a winning move that will allow them to fulfil their agenda.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The icing on the cake .... The whacks over there think that by starting WWIII they can usher in the imaginary 12th Imam who will come floating in with Jesus as a side kick, and who will make the entire world Islamic. :shk:

CBN - Iranian President Prepares For 12th Imam's Reappearance

President Ahmadinejad seems to think that the time is ripe for the 12th Imam’s reappearance and that, as president, he should play a role in opening the way for his return,” the journal said. “He is reported to have said in one of his cabinet sessions, ‘We have to turn Iran into a modern and divine country to be the model for all nations, and which will also serve as the basis for the return of the 12th Imam.’”

Like Bernard Lewis of Princeton, the Kairos authors said Ahmadinejad seems to believe “that the hand of God is guiding him to trigger a series of cataclysmic events which could precipitate the return of the 12th Imam. Only time will tell if this is his true conviction; but if he does hold such a view, his possession of nuclear weapons is a particularly scary prospect

www.youtube.com...

Telegraph UK - "Divine Mission" Driving Irans New Leader

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
WW3 is not going to happen! The Iranians are beginning to lose ground. The Russians are starting to quietly back out of Iran, expressing their deep misgivings about Iran's very recent statement saying they had gone for and achieved 20% enrichment of their uranium. The fact that they are doing this under a mountain is a bit of a giveaway about their Intent.

The Chinese have halfed their crude oil orders for the next three months, that in itself is a huge slap for Iran.

The Western powers will be hard at it, securing new oil deals for China, and with that the Chinese will (in their very
face saving way), drop Iran like a hot brick.
The Chinese have also been turning a blind eye to their national companies that deal in nuclear technical
components, and the USA have been turning a blind eye to that also.
The Chinese are very likely going to open their eyes, so to speak and stop the trade in nuclear components, they are very nervous about Iran's ambitions now, many analysts believe that China has alrady turned a corner with Iran.

So by my thinking, Iran has two choices open to them, capitulate and do a face saving deal at the United nations, thus keeping their nuclear program running,perhaps with Russian fuel rods, and maybe some light production of their own, or they stay the course of this beligereant and fanatical approach to the rest of the world.

In the very near future Iran will :-
1, Make a serious mistake, thus bringing war on themselves.
2,capitulate (seems unlikely).
3,Launch a mine laying operation in the straits.(thus bringing war).
4,Launch a first strike.

I think number one is the most likely.

So in Rigel4's humble, but not altogether un researched opinion, the most likely outcome of the current crysis, is a war, started by some means. The important part of my thinking is that it is unlikely to go even regional, sure there might be some sporadic attacks against it's neighbours, but there is very little chance of Russia or China getting involved.
I think it very likely, that they will know what is going to happen in advance, maybe not the dates but otherwise they will know that Ira is going down.

One other telling sign that Iran should be wary off, is India has not opted to buy crude from Iran, with discount, they have opted to buy their oil else where too for the time being.

Also watch for the Saudi's going into higher production, this higher out put will infuriate Iran.

One last word. I feel very sorry for the people of Iran. It is not their fault.
edit on 11-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3Iran is peaceful,

Actually Iran is a threat to other countries, they've invaded someone 300 years ago.

In contrast the U.S. is a peace maker, they've humanitarily bombed and invaded 3 countries since 2003. They' ve also bombed more then 100 countries and territories in the 20th century alone causing more than 6 million civilian deaths.

Conclusion: trust the peace-loving americans, Iran is the bad guy for defending its sovereign territory, everybody knows the U.S. have the right to their oil.

10/10 would read again
second line
minute line
hour line .... ^.^

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The icing on the cake .... The whacks over there think that by starting WWIII they can usher in the imaginary 12th Imam who will come floating in with Jesus as a side kick, and who will make the entire world Islamic. :shk:

There are plenty of " whacks " over here who think that some imaginary messiah will return too.

The craziness you see in such a belief, is the same craziness that atheists see in any theist - be they Muslim or Christian.

Self fulfilling prophecies could be the death of us all. Sad and scary in equal measure.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

President Ahmadinejad seems to think that the time is ripe for the 12th Imam’s reappearance and that, as president, he should play a role in opening the way for his return,” the journal said.

“He is reported to have said in one of his cabinet sessions, ‘We have to turn Iran into a modern and divine country to be the model for all nations, and which will also serve as the basis for the return of the 12th Imam.’”

Like Bernard Lewis of Princeton, the Kairos authors said Ahmadinejad seems to believe “that the hand of God is guiding him to trigger a series of cataclysmic events which could precipitate the return of the 12th Imam.

Only time will tell if this is his true conviction; but if he does hold such a view, his possession of nuclear weapons is a particularly scary prospect

Sounds like someone would say who is confined in a looney-bin with diagnosed mental illness.

Too bad, such are "leaders" of countries with nuclear bombs at their hands.

Proof, again, what insanity the combo RELIGION + GREED FOR POWER / POLITICS will produce.
Our humanity, Earth as a whole will not "grow up" as long as there is still such crazy people in power, be it Iran, North Korea or whatever similar perverted regimes.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
yes and the wacks over here are thinking that they should be able to start another war, and then a few weeks later start whining how the poor troops aren't gonna be paid unless they pass another super huge spending bill and borrow more money!!!

I'll ask again.....
how ya gonna pay for the war???
ya know pay as you go .....
find the funding you plan on spending before you spend it!

why is it that pay as you go is good as long as it concerns issue that will help real people, but well, once it comes to bombing real people, or bailing out the super rich, well, then, it's so easy to throw such a concept out the window?????

and, oh, I heard a very sad story last night about one of our vets that have returned home, seems there's alot of them like him out there. he lost a few limbs if I remember right, and well, his church was doing a funding drive to help him pay his rent....seems like the va, disablility, and all that is kind of leaving him out of the loop!!!
before you create more invalids, how about you take care of the ones you've already created????

oh, ya , that is helping the real people out there in the world, and not the small percentage that are known as super rich!!! that's a taboo!!!

you want another war, you pay for another war, and then YOU go and fight in that war....
leave my family out of it!!!

edit on 12-1-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

CBN - Iranian President Prepares For 12th Imam's Reappearance

President Ahmadinejad seems to think that the time is ripe for the 12th Imam’s reappearance and that, as president, he should play a role in opening the way for his return,” the journal said. “He is reported to have said in one of his cabinet sessions, ‘We have to turn Iran into a modern and divine country to be the model for all nations, and which will also serve as the basis for the return of the 12th Imam.’”

Like Bernard Lewis of Princeton, the Kairos authors said Ahmadinejad seems to believe “that the hand of God is guiding him to trigger a series of cataclysmic events which could precipitate the return of the 12th Imam. Only time will tell if this is his true conviction; but if he does hold such a view, his possession of nuclear weapons is a particularly scary prospect

www.youtube.com...

Telegraph UK - "Divine Mission" Driving Irans New Leader

Shi'as believe that Imam al-Mahdi will reappear when the world has fallen into chaos and civil war emerges between the human race for no reason. At this time, it is believed, half of the true believers will ride from Yemen carrying white flags to Makkah, while the other half will ride from Karbala, in Iraq, carrying black flags to Makkah. At this time, Imam al-Mahdi will come wielding Allah's Sword, the Blade of Evil's Bane, Zulfiqar (Arabic: ذو الفقار, ðū l-fiqār), the Double-Bladed Sword. He will also come and reveal the texts in his possession, such as al-Jafr and al-Jamia.

Notice this one sentence:

Shi'as believe that Imam al-Mahdi will reappear when the world has fallen into chaos and civil war emerges between the human race for no reason.

If it happens for no reason, then trying to start a war would be in contradiction to their beliefs.

From here.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join