It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Ally Huntsman Is The Establishment’s Ron Paul Spoiler

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Obama Ally Huntsman Is The Establishment’s Ron Paul Spoiler

Just as they threw their considerable weight behind Rick Santorum last week in a successful bid to prevent Ron Paul from finishing in the top two in Iowa, the establishment media has now turned to former Obama administration official Jon Huntsman in a desperate move to block Paul from winning the “anyone-but-Romney’ crown in New Hampshire.

The polls say Paul is at a solid 2nd place. I honestly don't believe the polls matter. I think we're going to see a Rick Santorum upset. Not so much by Rick Santorum himself, but this time by Huntsman. They can't let him have that 2nd place position that he's earned. The Diebold machines will make sure of it. I've also seen people on ATS saying that all the Paul posters are ripped down (which I've yet to confirm). Anyone out there in NH let us know what's going on.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
you know.. why not let the replublicans win with a ticket as follows

PRES: RON PAUL
VICE PRES: ROMNEY

FTW

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickneal7
you know.. why not let the replublicans win with a ticket as follows

PRES: RON PAUL
VICE PRES: ROMNEY

FTW

Because then if something happens to Ron Paul (as it did J.F.K.) Romney would inherit the Presidency, which is what Paul supporters don't want obviously

I say Ron Paul and Judge Andrew Napolitano ftw

edit on 10-1-2012 by Lapislazuli because: to add

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'd like to know exactly how Jon Huntsman is an 'ally' of Obama?? If you have info on it please post it. I haven't seen anything that would go in that direction but if you know of something then let me know. At this point I think Huntman is the best Republican out there ... but you could easily change my mind ....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Huntsman is about as conservative as Karl Marx. He’s a vehement climate change believer, a firm ally of Harry Reid, has strongly opposed the Tea Party movement and to top it all off, he’s a former Obama administration official. How this man can be framed as a legitimate alternative to Ron Paul anywhere outside of the Twilight Zone of the establishment media is beyond a joke.

Described as “Barack Obama’s secret weapon” by some conservatives, Huntsman is likely to drop out of the GOP race, run as an Independent and take enough votes away from whoever turns out to be the Republican candidate in order to ensure Obama’s re-election.

I just took the title from the article, but this is how it would justify it I assume. Taken directly from the article.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I think you're right OP. We have the media talking about Huntsman as if he's surging in the last day, just as they did with Santorum. I wish I could say it isn't true, but the media is making it pretty obvious.

I guess we'll see here for sure in the coming hours.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This thread is like a ship about to be lost in a storm.
Batton down the hatches, make out last will and testaments.
The voting isn't over and the excuses are mounting.
With all the attacks on Romney leading up to this one, there is a good chance those undecideds could turn to Huntsman.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

The paid people are here. I guess I'm right. Get ready for a Huntsman upset.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The media are propping up huntsman desperately trying to reduce pauls numbers but his supporters wont budge. We know what is going on and even if he gets third im ok with that

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why are you all acting like Huntsman is a bad guy?

Name me one thing with proof that's sooo bad about him? you can't!!!! He's got a perfect record. He's even saner than your Guy Ron Paul. If Huntsman wins second place in New Hampshire it's because some Conspiracy Theorists stayed in their basements and trolled the internet through the primary.

Go Huntsman! He's got this, and with the surge quite possibly the nomination.

Why do you think the MSM all but refuse to talk about Ron Paul? He's a nut only worshiped on conspiracy sites like this. Whenever the Media does talk about him, that's what they say. Only reason he wins in all online polls is because the Paulbots spam them. Then they go on and spam other profiles of the Presidential candidates on Facebook and other social networks. Telling people to wake up and vote Ron Paul. Seriously? Let people make up there own minds. Everything isn't against Ron Paul. This is why half of you are crazy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

We are Witnessing just another Example of the Divide and Conquer Technique used by the MSM here . The New Flavor of the " Weak " John Huntsman , with not even a Chinamans Chance in Hell of being Elected President no matter what Party he happens to be Running in , is Still being Propped Up in the Limelight by the Propagandaists who are Hell Bent on Trying to Destroy the Right Honorable Dr. Ron Paul's chances of bringing this Nation back to it's Senses by becomming our next POTUS . I am Sure by Now the More Senseable Voters in this Country see right Throught this Obvious Ruse and will not be Swayed by these " Tools" who Pretend to be Legitimate Journelists .

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Why are you all acting like Huntsman is a bad guy?

Name me one thing with proof that's sooo bad about him? you can't!!!! He's got a perfect record. He's even saner than your Guy Ron Paul. If Huntsman wins second place in New Hampshire it's because some Conspiracy Theorists stayed in their basements and trolled the internet through the primary.

Go Huntsman! He's got this, and with the surge quite possibly the nomination.

Why do you think the MSM all but refuse to talk about Ron Paul? He's a nut only worshiped on conspiracy sites like this. Whenever the Media does talk about him, that's what they say. Only reason he wins in all online polls is because the Paulbots spam them. Then they go on and spam other profiles of the Presidential candidates on Facebook and other social networks. Telling people to wake up and vote Ron Paul. Seriously? Let people make up there own minds. Everything isn't against Ron Paul. This is why half of you are crazy.

What's wrong with Huntsman? Unlike Paul, he really IS unelectable.

Huntsman Is Unelectable: Fails To Make The Ballot In Three States

That's not to mention the fact that he's been polling at 1% nation wide since this whole thing started. Nobody cares about him. But I like how you call Paul supporters "Conspiracy Theorists" because it's obviously crazy to support the constitution isn't it?

I'm still predicting the Huntsman upset tonight. The medias been pushing him all day long.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I completely agree, its just another lame tactic to divert the RP supporters to support someone else. Though the MSM is beginning to become sloppy I can see it already, and sure others can see it as well. I just pay no attention to it and just look at it as a entertainment point of view. Good Job MSM keep failing

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

So an article on Infowars which equates to a post on here makes you so sure that Huntsman is unelectable? Think about it. How did Santorum surge? Media, picking him up. Now it's Huntsman's turn although the only reason why Ron Paul supporters are afraid of Huntsman is because he really is a contender for the nomination. Better than Ron Paul. Better than Obama.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

You phrased that sentence by insisting all of us are Ron paul supporters. No they are called undecided voters or independents. It's kind of the Media's job to talk about the candidates. I just think Ron Paul has a bad TV image. No Not all of us support Ron Paul. I support Jon Huntsman, I know he is going to do well tonight!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You phrased that sentence by insisting all of us are Ron paul supporters.

Where did I say "all of us" Ron Paul supporters? I said "the" RP supporters, and I was replying back to The_Professional.
edit on 10-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by Tesclo

So an article on Infowars which equates to a post on here makes you so sure that Huntsman is unelectable? Think about it. How did Santorum surge? Media, picking him up. Now it's Huntsman's turn although the only reason why Ron Paul supporters are afraid of Huntsman is because he really is a contender for the nomination. Better than Ron Paul. Better than Obama.

Just because it's an infowars article doesn't mean it isn't true. It's also a fact that he has been polling at 1% nation wide since last year. Bachman surged. Cain surged. And they're both gone now. Just because someone rises in the polls doesn't mean they're going to win... let alone be here next week. Now Huntsman isn't going anywhere. He has enough money to take him atleast through SC regardless how he does tonight. But to take him as a serious contender? I can't see it. Even if he did pull a miracle and win the nomination, Obama would destroy him IMO.

I still don't agree with you calling Paul supporters crazy. We need someone that's going to stop these wars and aside from Paul and MAYBE Huntsman (I doubt it), nobody else is going to do that. But to call me insane because I'd rather see peace than 10 more years of war is a bit of a stretch to say the least. We need a man in office that understands the constitution, true liberty and freedom, and one that will bring sanity back to our foreign policy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Jon Huntsman Was for Cap and Trade Before He Was Against It

Said Huntsman in 2008:

"We must put a value on carbon. Until we put a value on carbon, we’re never going to be able to get serious about dealing with climate change longterm. Now putting a value on carbon either suggests that get a carbon tax or you go to a cap and trade system. Now we as western Governors and head of the Western Governors Association, and as the head of the Western Governors Association, I’m doing my best as the leader of this group to develop a comprehensive energy program that we’re going to turn over to the next President of the United States. Which will include issues of affordability, issues of energy independence, and issues of sustainability. When I speak of sustainability I talk about ultimately a cap and trade system…”

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Calling Huntsman an Obama ally is a stretch.

Jon Meade Huntsman, Jr. (born March 26, 1960) is an American politician, businessman, and diplomat who served as the 16th Governor of Utah. He also served in the administrations of four United States presidents and is a candidate for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.[1]
Huntsman worked as a White House staff assistant for Ronald Reagan, and he was appointed by George H.W. Bush as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce and later as United States Ambassador to Singapore from 1992–1993. Huntsman served as Deputy United States Trade Representative under George W. Bush, launching global trade negotiations in Doha, Qatar in 2001 and guiding the accession of China and Taiwan into the World Trade Organization.
Huntsman has also served as CEO of his family's Huntsman Corporation and was elected Governor of Utah in April, 2004 and won re-election in 2008 with nearly 78% of the vote. While governor, he also served as chairman of the Western Governors Association and as a member of the Executive Committee of the National Governors Association. On August 11, 2009, he resigned as governor to accept an appointment by Barack Obama as the United States Ambassador to the People's Republic of China. He submitted his resignation as ambassador on January 31, 2011, in order to explore a presidential campaign.

en.wikipedia.org...

He's worked in four different administrations. I hardly call that being anyone's ally. He is simply an experienced diplomat and there's not a lot of those. As for being for Cap and Trade, if you know what it leads to you might understand why someone would support it. If you have cap and trade then you can also have Carbon Tariffs levied on imported goods., this is a protectionist dig for the modern age. The theory is more things would be made domestically to avoid the tariff.

I don't care though, I'm not voting for anyone.
edit on 10-1-2012 by antonia because: opps

edit on 10-1-2012 by antonia because: forgot something

edit on 10-1-2012 by antonia because: forgot something

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't think Huntsman is serious about this election.

I think he's gearing up for the next one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join