It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
if you think this is desparate just wait a year or so...

There are millions of religious people dreaming of the day innocent blood will be spilled so people will come back to their loving delusion. It doesnt matter how big your comfy god blanket is... its still gonna get cold if your alone under it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Read the bible and find the answer yourself...... he didn't write the bible if you don't like find another religion

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Thus far, homosexuality has been around a long time and marriage and the family unit are still around. Personally, I fail to see how two consenting adult homosexual people can dessimate the family unit. I don't see it in studies nor in real life experience. I think this is simply scapegoatism. What I do see is a serious problem of spouse abuse, child abuse, drug and alcohol abuse, poor parental skills, and so on. These can be seen in all walks of life. To say, "O' it's dem gays gettin' married," is a failiure in logic and addressing the real causes and solutions. There are many factors at work which needs to be adressed in an intelligent and serious manner.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
You know even scientifically spoken the pope is dead wrong. We need more gays. You see this planet is overpopulated. There are too many people!

More gays will save mankind.

Some nationalistic propaganda. I am proud to to announce that The Netherlands has been the first nation to allow same sex marriage, taking effect in 2001. After that followed Belgium in 2003. Then Spain in 2005. Canada in 2005. South Africa in 2006. Norway 2009. Sweden 2009. Portugal 2010. Iceland 2010 and Argentina(!) in 2010.

10 countries up so far! Many more to!

Lets give the Americans some credit too. Same-sex marriage is legal in 6 states up so far, Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont) and the District of Columbia. Well done! Get them all.

Israel, even though having the status of being the most gay friendly country in the middle east does not (yet) legally allow same-sex marriage. It does however honor same-sex marriages granted in other countries even though Israel does not recognize such marriages performed under its own jurisdiction

And Mexico is doing very well too, almost fully accomplished.

On December 21, 2009, the Federal District's Legislative Assembly legalized same-sex marriages and adoption by same-sex couples. The law was enacted eight days later and became effective in early March 2010.[75] On August 10, 2010, the Mexican Supreme Court ruled that while not every state must grant same-sex marriages, they must all recognize those performed where they are legal

Read more about same-sex marriage and the accomplishments of the gay community. Bless them all.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-1-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Do you know what is a threat to humanity? Heterosexual marriage.

Why? Because the mere fact of a 60' commonality between the erect penis and cervix does not necessarily a satisfying and happy marriage make. YET, this is pretty much all most male-female conjoinment is predicated upon.

This is what the church want us to believe, that male-female unions are the way to go because that's how we procreate. On that premise, IVF should be sanctioned by the church.

Religion: B.Y.O. lobotomy.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
Do you know what is a threat to humanity? Heterosexual marriage.

Why? Because the mere fact of a 60' commonality between the erect penis and cervix does not necessarily a satisfying and happy marriage make. YET, this is pretty much all most male-female conjoinment is predicated upon.

This is what the church want us to believe, that male-female unions are the way to go because that's how we procreate. On that premise, IVF should be sanctioned by the church.

Religion: B.Y.O. lobotomy.

I think it was Aristotle who first proposed a theoretical distinction between, "happiness", and, "pleasure".
Do you really believe hedonism presupposes natural harmony?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
As you can tell, I've been interested in this thread. I've looked at the last few pages and have seen some thoughtful, appropriate responses. But the thread has changed, gotten away from the OP. The topic was the Pope's speech, in which he talked about the environment, the financial crisis, uprisings in the Middle-East and North Africa, education, etc.

This discussion on families came from a very small part of his speech. Here it is, in its entirety:

In addition to a clear goal, that of leading young people to a full knowledge of reality and thus of truth, education needs settings. Among these, pride of place goes to the family, based on the marriage of a man and a woman. This is not a simple social convention, but rather the fundamental cell of every society. Consequently, policies which undermine the family threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself. The family unit is fundamental for the educational process and for the development both of individuals and States; hence there is a need for policies which promote the family and aid social cohesion and dialogue. It is in the family that we become open to the world and to life and, as I pointed out during my visit to Croatia, "openness to life is a sign of openness to the future".
You have to read a lot into this to make it come out the way many of you think it does.

Gays threaten humanity? NO, the Pope didn't say that. He said "policies which undermine the family threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself" Who has problems with that?

The sex scandal has been discussed earlier in the thread, but as a reminder, allegations against priests were at no greater rate than against the American population as a whole (4%). The Church took the steps that the best psychiatric advice, at the time, recommended. The Church has admitted to the failings of some of it's priests. As was noted earlier, if standard is that the Church or the Pope has to be totally perfect to express an opinion on matters, are the posters in this thread living up to that standard that they set?

The Church's authority, as mentioned earlier, comes from Jesus telling Peter that he had the responsibility for taking care of Christians, that he was to establish the Church, and that he had the authority to make judgment calls that God would honor. It is reasonable to believe that Jesus intended this authority to continue past Peter's life time, hence, the Popes. Some have been saints, some have been vile, but the Church continues.

Of course it's up to you, but I don't see what name calling and insults add to this discussion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Do you mean that god sanctions whatever the pope says or does?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by 1nOne

One does not "become" gay, one is born gay!
Prove your point, how many families do you know, with multiple children, all of whom are gay?
If your theory re strong father figure is correct then if there is one gay child in a family all the children in that family MUST be gay!

I actually know a family with two children(son and daughter) who are both gay.Apart from that there are those who born gay,more hormons of the opposite gender can cause that.
Another reason that one can become gay is either by abuse as a child or even older(example:a lesbian i know was straight,married with a child.Her ex-husbant was beating her really hard-every couple of days she visited a hospital-and after their divorce she swore that she will never sleep with another man ever again.So she started looking for a girlfriends instead of a boyfriend)

After reading most of the posts,i still don't understand why the destruction of humanity will come from gay marriages.Not everyone will magically turn gay,if the gays start getting married.From my point of view these people they wouldn't get married anyway they would just live together.Why not benefit from the priviledges of the "married people club"?
What's the point of arguing if gay marriage is good or bad,since the people that choose to have one partner will be with him/her anyway?Marriage is just a signature on the papers.

If god exists and he didn't want gay people to exist he would have done something about it.But for them to still exist must mean two things:a)there is no god
b)he doesn't really care who you choose as a partner.
So the religious folks should reconsider the whole homosexuality thing.

To end this post i will admit that i feel a little unconfortable when i see people of the same gender making out(real life or movies),but i don't feel hate or repulse against them.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Dear Garfee,

Thanks for the question, but that's not what I mean. The Church has had Popes that were huge sinners, did terrible things. Jesus' promises were two, that Hell would not defeat the Church, and if Peter bound (or loosed) something on earth, it would be bound (or loosed) in Heaven.

Popes don't believe, nor does the Church, that every word that comes out of his mouth triggers this heavenly effect. (What would happen if he said he wanted his favorite soccer team to win? Nobody thinks God is obliged to make a miracle so that it happens)

If you're talking about Papal infallibility, It is believed that for this to come into play, the Pope has to make very conscious decisions to bind in heaven, a particular wording has to be used to prove he's thought it out carefully, etc. The last one was a declaration about Mary in 1950. They don't happen very often.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I try and stay away from these types of threads now but on this occassion i have to agree with the Pope!!

Think about it logically.... humans would die out if no man is planting his seeds in the right place!!

Thats all i'm saying and wont be coming back to check any replies.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ReefMan

Supply me with the blanks and I will fill them in for you!

2nd

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Not sure how homos can wipe out the human race simply by existing when they are now, always have been and always will be a minority.

And just a heads up - homosexuals come from heterosexuals.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
He's right.
He actually said gay marriage is a threat not homosexuaility itself. I've got it. What good can grow in gay "family"? Another gay maybe or somebody confused with distorted morality.
Little people need mother's love and fathers's love. Both templates. That's how God meant it to be and He had seen it is good.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I try and stay away from these types of threads now but on this occassion i have to agree with the Pope!!

Think about it logically.... humans would die out if no man is planting his seeds in the right place!!

Thats all i'm saying and wont be coming back to check any replies.

I think that placing a post such as yours and then stating that you are not going to come back is taking the chickens way out!

How on earth is every (straight) man suddenly going to turn gay?

I am gay and let me tell you it's not fun, being threatened, being made the butt, excuse the pun, of the joke all the time but what really gets me is why are straight people so threatened by gay men and women? We are no threat to you, we don't want special treatment! All we want is the right to live without fear, the right to live with a loved one! The same rights as anyone else!
I know that I for one am not a threat to humanity no matter who says I am!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
I think it was Aristotle who first proposed a theoretical distinction between, "happiness", and, "pleasure".
Do you really believe hedonism presupposes natural harmony?

A hedonistic existence would have a darn sight better chance of producing happiness than the veritable masochistic arrangements most marriages are in reality. And, what are you implying by suggesting that a non traditional, homosexual marriage is all about pleasure-seeking? That the reverse is perdition on Earth?

It's only idiocy that proclaims love is evidenced by the fortitude displayed through struggle. If the relationship is meant to be, has the communication and trust it should have, there are no struggles; only happiness. If most of your time in marriage is spent worrying about this and that, you shouldn't be there in the first place.

Peoples' pathetic longing to conform and be accepted is what drives most nuptial agreements, not love.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Hi. You said:

"After reading most of the posts,i still don't understand why the destruction of humanity will come from gay marriages."

Not quite what the Pope was saying. He told us rightly that the destruction of the family unit would result in troubling humanity. Homosexuality is but one of many various symptoms of corrupt society.
edit on 11-1-2012 by 1nOne because: sleepy/poor spelling ;(

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

What good can grow in gay "family"? Another gay maybe...

How do gay parents make gay kids? It's not something thats taught.

reply to post by 1nOne

Homosexuality is but one of many various symptoms of corrupt society.

Religion is worse.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Quite right! What is taught is to hate and to discriminate!

What this planet needs is more people like you!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

And because the pope says it, it will be done? The pope also allowed genocide, forced conversion, religious war, and several other events that aren't talked about, or if they are, they try to talk about them in favor of the current old figurehead. Some people need to quit letting an old guy telling them what they must believe in, and they must do it themselves.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join