It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

I agree with you that there hasn't been much discussion on where in his speech he is wrong. If you happened to miss it, go about half way up this page and you'll see an "external content" box. That's the only part of his speech that dealt with heterosexual families, and I can't find anything wrong with it on any level.

But he's not talking about morality as much as he's talking about giving children the best possible education in the best possible setting, their family.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
But he's not talking about morality as much as he's talking about giving children the best possible education in the best possible setting, their family.

Best possible education regarding what? Science? Math? Language Arts?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Wasn't there a video not too long ago that proved that gay marriage worked just as well as "normal" parenting? That's a rhetorical question as I've posted the video here, but it raises the point; being gay doesn't make you a bad parent. Being a bad parent makes you a bad parent. I've seen straight couples ruin their children's lives.
A "traditional" family means nothing if those who would be called mommy & daddy don't want children to begin with.
A gay couple has to want kids to get them. They have to battle to get and keep those children. They aren't like the rest of us who get "stuck" with kids.

Anyway, here's the vid in case anyone missed it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Dear kaylaluv,

You make me feel like a presidential press secretary, dodging questions. But the truth is I don't know for sure what the Pope was thinking. Outside of reading that paragraph from his speech, I just don't know.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Your a disgrace, I actually feel sorry for how brain washed you have been. You know little of christianitys true history and twist Jesus' work to promote your intolerance.

Just come out of the closet my friend, I for one wont judge you

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Dear FugitiveSoul,

I am really glad that the fellow in the video is happy with his life so far. Nobody has ever suggested that every gay family will have bad children or that every straight family will have good children. And I'm positive the Pope hasn't said that.

I think the point is which is the better setting, in general, for children. As I've mentioned, I haven't gone through the studies to sort out contending claims. But, there is a strong feeling that having a male and a female role model in the house is a positive thing. I can accept that. There is also some research, that I know very little about, that there may be negative characteristics to many gay relationships that can hurt the kids. As I said, I know next to zero about it, so I won't discuss it until I do.

In his speech, the Pope was encouraging the diplomats to work for policies that would strengthen families and make parents better. He, and I, understand the tragedies that can come from bad parents gay or straight.

As an aside, I don't think that the video proves that gay marriages work as well as straight parenting. A sample size of 1 doesn't prove a lot.

Oh, I need some help on another point. Earlier in the thread I asked if "homosexual" could be reduced to a short, simple, convenient, positive, word like "gay," what could "heterosexual" be reduced to. I'll take your suggestion of "normal" if you'd like, or perhaps you have another suggestion?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Dear FugitiveSoul,

I am really glad that the fellow in the video is happy with his life so far. Nobody has ever suggested that every gay family will have bad children or that every straight family will have good children. And I'm positive the Pope hasn't said that.

I think the point is which is the better setting, in general, for children. As I've mentioned, I haven't gone through the studies to sort out contending claims. But, there is a strong feeling that having a male and a female role model in the house is a positive thing. I can accept that. There is also some research, that I know very little about, that there may be negative characteristics to many gay relationships that can hurt the kids. As I said, I know next to zero about it, so I won't discuss it until I do.

In his speech, the Pope was encouraging the diplomats to work for policies that would strengthen families and make parents better. He, and I, understand the tragedies that can come from bad parents gay or straight.

As an aside, I don't think that the video proves that gay marriages work as well as straight parenting. A sample size of 1 doesn't prove a lot.

Oh, I need some help on another point. Earlier in the thread I asked if "homosexual" could be reduced to a short, simple, convenient, positive, word like "gay," what could "heterosexual" be reduced to. I'll take your suggestion of "normal" if you'd like, or perhaps you have another suggestion?

With respect,
Charles1952

I placed normal in quotations because there is no such thing as a "normal" family. Normal is reflected in the day to day of what is witnessed. Example; the kid in the video I presented would consider his upbringing normal; it's all he's ever known, and he wouldn't change it for the world.

The "better setting", as you called it, isn't dependent on gay or straight marriage, it's dependent on the individual parents involved. The church can claim they want to help strengthen families all they want to, but until they can learn to understand that book they hold their faith in, and can begin to preach acceptance and true values instead of perpetuating hate, greed, judgment, and condemnation then they'll hold no serious view on the matter in my eyes, nor the eyes of millions upon millions of others.

Gay marriage is considered a threat in their eyes, yet they allow gay sex and child molestation?

They are fools, and what they preach does more harm to humanity than homosexuality ever could. The hypocrisy is astounding and discredits any opinion they can have on the affairs of men... or women.

[eta]

link to research

link to research 2

There are dozens of other sites discussing research on the matter. Parental tools are the key, not parental sex.
If anything, lesbians raise better children than anyone else.

edit on 10-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Smiter of Evil, Keeper of truths or Smiter of adversarys, and Keeper of Ulterior motives. Whatever you want to call him...he and the Catholic religion is no different or any better than any other religion. In fact to this day may be the winner of the prestigious holy "Blood all over our hands" award
. No need to get into any details we all know there history. Just as Islam can have its extremist catholics has them as well, hell we may be able to place hitler on this list.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I find it rather annoying how people feel the need the comment and pass judgement on other peoples lifestyle choices, if they aren;t hurting anyone, whats the harm?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Yes, there's only 7 billion of us. Gays - who have lived throughout history - are clearly slowing us down as a species. If there were NO GAYS then we would have 20 billion by now, right Pope Pedophilia?

Gays are bad, but the serial raping of male children is sanctioned by God and the church.

Score another one for organized religion!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
All the churches hard work of oppression unraveled in front of their very eyes due to Illuminati and their Enlightenment, they tried to appear "modern" but support still falling.

Millions have died in aids because of them saying no need for condoms.

The pope is a bigger threat to humanity than homosexuals ever could be!

Every civilisation has had homosexuals, back in Greek times it was the norm for an older man to have a younger teenage boy to teach them the ways.
edit on 10-1-2012 by RebellionOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
...and a supposed celibate priesthood making determinations on matters they have no idea about (or do they?) isn't a threat?
...or perhaps the diddling of children by a string of priests is not a threat to humanity?

The pope & entourage would be more faithful followers if they didn't cherry-pick thier 'issues'...
...another pope with a blind eye turning.

Would you take spiritual advice from an chartered accountant?

Akushla

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTJames

Your a disgrace, I actually feel sorry for how brain washed you have been. You know little of christianitys true history and twist Jesus' work to promote your intolerance.

Just come out of the closet my friend, I for one wont judge you

You sound like the brainwashed one. Just because I disagree with homosexuality doesn't make me a closeted gay. You have bought into the media's lies. Enjoy your stay in Hell for blasphemy against Christ.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
He probably said that with a 7-year old in his closet.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Why can't he preach about something important? Perhaps the priests who are pedophiles, why they don't take actions to punish them, instead of sending them else where. Disgusting. If god had a problem with homosexuals I'm sure the plague or something would of happened by now. Our economic problems are caused by greed, not homosexuals, what an idiot. Sheesh, our problems might as well be caused by the pedophiles they send to "spread gods word"

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Pope is a clueless cult leader.

Claims me.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Anyone that thinks there should be a law based on RELIGION is an idiot! Separation of church and state ring any bells? Let people be happy, gay marriage has NO effect on anyone unless they go out of their way to anger themselves by crying about it all the time. Religion pisses me off

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

'This is not a simple social convention, but rather the fundamental cell of every society. 'Consequently, policies which undermine the family threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself. The family unit is fundamental for the educational process and for the development both of individuals and states. 'Hence there is a need for policies which promote the family and aid social cohesion and dialogue.'

Does not equal

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope,

Why you ask?

Because saying that the family unit is important and shouldn't be threatened has nothing to do with gay marriage being a threat.

This can be taken to any context from divorce to gay marriage.

Just a reconfirmation of what is already believed.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Hehehehe!
I just love it when people threaten me with "Burning in hell" Oh yeah, that's right you believe in fairy tales!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I will listen to the Pope when he takes over the thrown of God
second line.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join