It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Well, sexual harassement is sexual harassment no matter who does it. I had a dude grab my balls from behind once, which obviously wasn't right. On the other hand, if they make out like other couples in public I couldn't care less. After all, it doesn't affect me in the least, just like watching straight couples make out doesn't affect me, or watching 2 Beluga whales getting it on.

In short, live and let live. If it doesn't hurt me, I couldn't care less what people do.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

agreed, but it's the step beyond kissing and say walking hand in hand that makes me a bit uncomfortable.
kinda' like sitting at a table in a restraunt with a couple who just can't keep their hands off each other.
not a big deal, but i may move to another table.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I believe thats called public indecency and could get you arrested.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

yes I know I would.................but back to the criteria of the post I was responding to

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Well, sexual harassement is sexual harassment no matter who does it. I had a dude grab my balls from behind once, which obviously wasn't right. On the other hand, if they make out like other couples in public I couldn't care less. After all, it doesn't affect me in the least, just like watching straight couples make out doesn't affect me, or watching 2 Beluga whales getting it on.

In short, live and let live. If it doesn't hurt me, I couldn't care less what people do.

what about if I was to defecate in a town centre, just in the street, and carry my own pooper scooper and disenfectent and clear the mess after myself

You'd have to be nude to take a crap, which is illegal. Big difference between that and 2 gays kissing in public

Or are you comparing taking a crap to gays kissing? Really?

Reminds me of this Ugandan bigot:

edit on 10-1-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Glass

yes I know I would.................but back to the criteria of the post I was responding to

Not sure how it related at all to the post you were responding to.. OR the pop claiming Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, which is, BTW, what this thread is about.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Please tell me that you knew that that picture doesn't represent the position or teachings of the Catholic Church. What is that, a few members of Westboro Baptist?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

I like how not being a rapid homosexual supports automatically makes someone a homophobe and uses hate speech.

No one cares how fast a homosexual you are.

Sheesh.

BTW, what's the 'homosexual lifestyle'?

Eric

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If I'm not mistaken, the Pope is simply saying that a family headed up by two people of the same sex is a bad thing for that family, it's children, and, therefore society.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It is a threat to society
because then both gay and straight people can cheat on their Taxes
by claiming one household and filing as a couple why wouldn't you marry anyone if it saves $$$$ every April
Just imagine a world were polygamy and gay marriage was legal
whole neighborhoods could file as one
The IRS would sh*t themselves and the National and state Budgets would be broke
well more
Broke then they are right now at least
Society would cease to function because they cannot afford to loses any part of the income of hard working peoples hard earned money due to an easily exploited tax loop hole

only Corporations Are allowed to do that in America
since anyone who enters Politics or is a Politician married all the major corporations and their lobbies
from the start of their careers
edit on 10-1-2012 by IblisLucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by MrXYZ

If I'm not mistaken, the Pope is simply saying that a family headed up by two people of the same sex is a bad thing for that family, it's children, and, therefore society.

How exactly is it a bad thing when 2 gay people raise a child? Plenty of gay couples do so without any issues

So again, the Pope is simply ignorant and uneducated when he makes statements like that. Not surprising though given his religion isn't based upon logic or rationality

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You are very welcome, thank you for your kind words, but look around, there are many better writers than I am. Heck, some even have "writer" in their mini-profile instead of just "member" like me.

Just a couple of thoughts, and they may just be knee-jerk reactions. I don't know off-hand how much emphasis the Pope gave to gay marriage, it may have been a lot, but I wonder if he was just talking about families in general and the gay aspect was part of it. As I say, I don't know.

And you're quite right that the world has many problems that must be addressed. But he has addressed them all, and will continue to address them, many more times. I can't even imagine how many speeches he gives in just a week. After all, all he has are words and faith.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Using the Westboro Baptist Church to condemn Christianity is analogous to using the khmer rouge to condemn atheism.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Glass

Please tell me that you knew that that picture doesn't represent the position or teachings of the Catholic Church. What is that, a few members of Westboro Baptist?

Yes, I fully understand that, and yes, I'm pretty sure they're Westboro Baptists. I was being sarcastic and a bit flippant, mostly because you said "obviously". Personally I find it not so obvious that the church has nothing against homosexuals when its head makes remarks such as these.

reply to post by MrXYZ

If I'm not mistaken, the Pope is wrong. Evidence: Two lesbians raised a baby, and THIS is who they got

When homosexuals raise a child, it is 100% by choice (since they are incapable of conceiving a child naturally), which likely makes them more loving parents than many heterosexual couples who accidentally conceived and were forced into parenthood.

Also, what is wrong with having homosexuals give an orphan or a child given up for adoption by a teen mother a loving home? Would you rather have these children grow up as poorly adjusted burdens on the state?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Yes I know, I made that comment in haste. It was pure silliness and silliness will not be tolerated.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I agree with the pope, the lobby gay it's gaining too much power, and the lobby gay won't stop until they see the traditional family principles in which the western culture developed it's destroyed.
the lobby gay must be stopped. they are sick people that need treatment. if same sex would be natural then we would see animals mating with same sex animals too.
call me an homophobe, but I WILL NEVER give up my principles, and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me. Gay people are twisted and bad for our society.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
I agree with the pope, the lobby gay it's gaining too much power, and the lobby gay won't stop until they see the traditional family principles in which the western culture developed it's destroyed.
the lobby gay must be stopped. they are sick people that need treatment. if same sex would be natural then we would see animals mating with same sex animals too.
call me an homophobe, but I WILL NEVER give up my principles, and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me. Gay people are twisted and bad for our society.

But, actually, some same-sex birds do do it. So do beetles, sheep, fruit bats, dolphins, and orangutans. Zoologists are discovering that homosexual and bisexual activity is not unknown within the animal kingdom.

Roy and Silo, two male chinstrap penguins at New York's Central Park Zoo have been inseparable for six years now. They display classic pair-bonding behavior—entwining of necks, mutual preening, flipper flapping, and the rest. They also have sex, while ignoring potential female mates.

Wild birds exhibit similar behavior. There are male ostriches that only court their own gender, and pairs of male flamingos that mate, build nests, and even raise foster chicks.

Filmmakers recently went in search of homosexual wild animals as part of a National Geographic Ultimate Explorer documentary about the female's role in the mating game. (The film, Girl Power, will be screened in the U.S this Saturday at 8 p.m. ET, 5 p.m PT on MSNBC TV.)

The team caught female Japanese macaques engaged in intimate acts which, if observed in humans, would be in the X-rated category.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

And guess what? There are countless types of "family" patterns in nature, as well.

As I said before, the Pope being against gay marriage is not at all surprising. Him calling it a threat to humanity is perplexing at best. In what way is it a threat? What's the worst that can happen?

Lol.. yeah, probably not.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1

Mhhhhhh...the gays aren't forcing you to be gay, or anyone else for that matter. So how exactly do they affect your life? They couldn't care less about your relationships, so what on earth gives you the right to judge others like that?? And yes, you are a homophobe

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

no, I wasn't, your criteria was as long as something didn't hurt you then it was ok- so you have decided against that view, great.

I also don't care if homosexuals get married or not

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join