It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
It's because you live in darkness that you support sodomites. You'll have to answer to God on the day of Judgment. Then let's see how you enjoy roasting in eternal hellfire.

Way to much hate right there.

Here is a less hate filled way of saying it:

I agree with the pope and think gay marriage is wrong.

See how all the sodomite supporter, eternal hellfire stuff really isn't necessary.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It's because you live in darkness that you support sodomites. You'll have to answer to God on the day of Judgment. Then let's see how you enjoy roasting in eternal hellfire.

ok, so biblically speaking you believe gays should be put to death?
you must, otherwise you'll face the same judgement and eternal hellfire as me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strict

See how all the sodomite supporter, eternal hellfire stuff really isn't necessary.

actually, i have no problem with someone stating what you just did.
we are all welcome to our opinions.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Enough with the gays.
This is ATS not LGBT site.If you want to discuss about this, than go to their sites.
You're ruining ATS with this threads!

Enough is ENOUGH!

if you don't like it why don't you go elsewhere?
i recieved an applause from a mod for the thread i linked to in the op.
lets let those more important than you decide what is important and worthy of discussion.
edit on 10-1-2012 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Wait...let me get this straight. Religion gets me so confused.

If I show love and support towards my homosexual friends without judgment, that'll get me into hell. However, if I hate them, judge and condemn them for being who they are and treat them like they are less than human, I'm good with the Big Guy?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What a crazy thread.

PharohGnosis, if he/she is not being sarcastic, is way off topic and claiming knowledge of someone's eternal destination. Nicely done. A bit of divine prerogative there.

The OP seems to fail to recognize that the Catholic Church has been emphasizing the importance of the traditional nuclear family for quite some time now and decries anything that detracts from that. He/she also seems to not be aware that the Church and the Pope have condemned the actions of priests that have defiled children.

There is no conspiracy here, just taking umbrage at the statement of the Pope, so this entire thread clearly belongs in Faith and Religion.

Eric

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
What a crazy thread.

PharohGnosis, if he/she is not being sarcastic, is way off topic and claiming knowledge of someone's eternal destination. Nicely done. A bit of divine prerogative there.

The OP seems to fail to recognize that the Catholic Church has been emphasizing the importance of the traditional nuclear family for quite some time now and decries anything that detracts from that. He/she also seems to not be aware that the Church and the Pope have condemned the actions of priests that have defiled children.

There is no conspiracy here, just taking umbrage at the statement of the Pope, so this entire thread clearly belongs in Faith and Religion.

Eric

actually, i addresse a few of these issues. my problem wasn't that he comes out against gay marriage, it is the fact that he pushed the envelope to the point that it is/would the cause of the downfall of humanity.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

actually, i have no problem with someone stating what you just did.
we are all welcome to our opinions.

Just wanted to say that's not my opinion on gay marriage. I just wanted to show a less hate filled example that encourages discussion rather then hate speak.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

actually, i addresse a few of these issues. my problem wasn't that he comes out against gay marriage, it is the fact that he pushed the envelope to the point that it is/would the cause of the downfall of humanity.

What he said (as you provided in your quote) is that it is a contributing factor, amongst others, that threatens the traditional family unit. The downfall of the family is what he claims threatens "human dignity and the future of humanity itself".

Eric

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Gay marriage is one of several threats to the traditional family unit that undermines 'the future of humanity itself', Pope Benedict XVI warned yesterday.

i know, i just figured i'd push the envelope a bit also.
i'd be more respectful if he actually explained what some of the other threats were instead of just zeroing in on gay marriage.
it makes his 'one of several threats' seem like he just added it to make himself look more humane.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Ah, I can see it now...

God: "So you support sodomites, eh? You'd better explain yourself."

Well, Jesus told me to love everyone without judgement.

God: "Oh, thats right. Into heaven you go."

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

reply to post by EricD

i'd be more respectful if he actually explained what some of the other threats were...

Nuclear weapons, abortion, doing anything on the sabbath, trimming your beard, plucking your eyebrows, touching dead animals, touching someone who touched dead animals, running with scissors, drinking poison, eating junk food, eating pork or shellfish, guns, sharp objects, fear, adultery, idolatry, evolution, the big bang, truth, religious tolerance, illegal drugs, Satan, and our very existence.

Paedophilia, holy wars, and religious persecution are perfectly safe and acceptable however.

Source: God told me so.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

The pope and all those other people who claim that same sex marriage is a threat really need to start cleaning up in there own house. Right now, the Catholic church is the only threat to a healthy family structure. Especially towards children.

I would trust my own child with two homosexuals before I would trust my child with the pope or any clergy from the catholic church.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Enough with the gays.
This is ATS not LGBT site.If you want to discuss about this, than go to their sites.

Enough is ENOUGH!

Since you are still relatively new here (less than a year) let me enlighten you. Here on ATS we discuss EVERYTHING under the sun, ESPECIALLY socially contraversial topics such as this one. If this topic 'ruins' your ATS experience, you can solve this quite simply.... DON'T CLICK ON THE LINKS TO THREADS ON THIS SUBJECT MATTER!!!! No one is forcing you to read and/or participate in this or any other discussion found here on the ATS boards! Now move along and let the adults talk...

With that said:

Seriously, the Catholic Church becomes less and less relevant by the day. Its days are numbered, as is the rest of organized religion. What we are seeing is the last dying attempt of a movement that knows its very existence is coming to an end... In that respect, it is very much like the Empire, and Benedict is very much like the Emperor... His resemblance to Palpatine is rather ironic in that respect...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
He's a dumb fool following an irrational believe that's demonstrably wrong in many cases...so what did you expect? Him to be rational and logical?

He also wrote the manual teaching priests how to cover up cases of pedophelia!!!

In short, you'd have to be a complete fool to accept that clown as some sort of religious leader

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Meh.. so the Pope and the Catholic Church think Homosexuality is a threat to humanity..

..they also seem to think Paedophilia is acceptable behavior and not a major sin..

Couldn't give a rats a** what the pope thinks quite frankly.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Enough with the gays.

Enough is ENOUGH!

Last I checked it's a public forum...bit homophobic, are we?

This discussion isn't any different than those talking about some politician making a racist remark.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Just wanted to say that's not my opinion on gay marriage. I just wanted to show a less hate filled example that encourages discussion rather then hate speak.

I like how not being a rapid homosexual supports automatically makes someone a homophobe and uses hate speech.

The Bible warned there will be a great falling away and people listening to false doctrine. You people reject true Christianity for falsehood. Embracing the decadent homosexual lifestyle will lead you straight to Hell. Sorry you refuse to accept that but don't cry to God when he cast you into the fire for rejecting him.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I don't know what any of these God books say about gays & I really don't want to know.
It's all twisted words & interpretation of ancient texts.
It seems that the word of God doesn't want us to enjoy or do what we want within reason.
I'm not gay & I think gays should be free to do what they do just as straight people can.
We live in 2012 not 1210!!!
If I want to do something that involves willing consent & no harm to anyone why do God books/words always want to stop me??????????
These words of "God" were written 1000s(or something) of years ago for different people in a totally different society & a totally different enviroment.
Why should these words be relevant today?
Everything changes as Mother nature shows us constantly.
We are a part of nature & this planet not this make believe God & his/her alledged words!
Love is love & God/you/anyone/anything can't stop it........................
Peace to all in the Universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join