It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Sure they do. (homosexuals reproduce). Many do before they learn they are gay.
How many of you know someone with a parent, who is gay? I know a few.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Seriously, bible-thumpers, I think I can say with a degree of certainty that not one of you is living your life, according to what the bible says, to. the. letter. Not one. So, when you pick and choose what to bang on about the way you so clearly do, why should anyone else take you seriously? I'm sure the bible also tells you only your god is fit to judge and you are all obviously ignoring that part too.

The only real difference between gay and straight people is what we do with our pee-pees in the company of another gay person (and even then not all the time, it gets really tiring). We're just people. Why are you so scared of us? Please come up with an original argument that can't be refuted with common sense and logic.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenite

When talking about people who we look at for guidance. Surly one does not invest in a company who has a track record of swindling its investees. Now when talking about the church and the ordained who are supposed to be blessed by god to show the way. The same should be applied go on the track record

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Tens of thousands of children have been victims of sexual abuse by the Roman Catholic Church in the Netherlands

IRLANDThe 720-page report, delivered to the government in July, analyses the cases of 46 priests against whom 320 complaints were filed
The number of offences world wide are astronomical and is in my opinion the worst type of crime imaginable because the victims are so innocent and it is not a case of a moment of sin because they groom there victims for a long period. I could spend all day posting things that shows that the so called ordained by god are not in a moral position to make moral judgement. I am not saying all are what i am pointing out but the fact remains how could a organisation preach of peace when so many nations have suffered atrocity's by its hand. How can it preach about gays when they now have gay priests take Ellen Barrett ordained in 1977 and many more since. People need to stop letting them dictate to its followers and worship god in your own way.
edit on 11/1/2012 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

I Repent for my sins.... do you ??

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ReefMan

Hell no. Religion is man-made and I've yet to see proof of your god. I'm a good person, I work hard, I don't kill, lie, cheat, steal or hurt anyone for kicks so what do I have to be sorry for? Nothing.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I notice not one person has replayed to my posts in this thread with any response to the debate
looks like i win which is a hard pill to swallow and quit scary. As when talking about god there is never getting through to the heart of the matter with die hard followers.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Well said buddy i have a few gay friends and they just find people like this funny it always ends the same way instead of mocking gays they end up infuriated simply kiss in front of them lol I enjoy the debate about god a lot but some you just cant reach.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

ok, so biblically speaking you believe gays should be put to death?
you must, otherwise you'll face the same judgement and eternal hellfire as me.

They don't need to be put to death as they destroy themselves with drugs, alcohol, and widespread STDs/HIV/AIDS.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by indisputable

I know - no one is responding to me either. Logic and reason prevail over religious dogma!! Yay!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

Originally posted by rubbertramp

ok, so biblically speaking you believe gays should be put to death?
you must, otherwise you'll face the same judgement and eternal hellfire as me.

They don't need to be put to death as they destroy themselves with drugs, alcohol, and widespread STDs/HIV/AIDS.

Not all gays have drug and alcohol problems and STDs. Plenty of heterosexuals have drug and alcohol problems and STDs. What's your point?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by indisputable
reply to post by Amadeo

Well said buddy i have a few gay friends and they just find people like this funny it always ends the same way instead of mocking gays they end up infuriated simply kiss in front of them lol I enjoy the debate about god a lot but some you just cant reach.

Thanks. I try not to get into debates about god, they just go round in circles and I don't feel like I have anything to prove anyway. I'm not the one making all sorts of claims

I don't think anyone needs the bible to know how to be a half-decent person. All you need to know is, 'don't be a d*ck to others'. I think I might be paraphrasing Jesus there, maybe someone could confirm.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

LOL
Im sure he said it in 17:3

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

The statistics are higher among gays do the research.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Lol guess we won this round

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis

The statistics are higher among gays do the research.

You stated this as fact... Post the source that backs this up, or shut the hell up. Jebus, doesn't anybody back up there position with source material around here anymore??? It is not MY job to research YOUR position!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Stupid double posts...
edit on 11-1-2012 by JaxonRoberts because: of stupid ATS server double posting again!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

"condeming others for what they do in their own bedroom is quite important."

The problem is that gays are tying to hijack the institution of marriage - they are not keeping it their bedrooms. Marriage is between a man and a woman, always has been and always will. They've already stolen the word 'gay' from us.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I think that the pedophilia that they have continued to cover up/protect is a bigger threat to humanity than gay marriage could ever be.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by aardvark888
reply to post by rubbertramp

"condeming others for what they do in their own bedroom is quite important."

The problem is that gays are tying to hijack the institution of marriage - they are not keeping it their bedrooms. Marriage is between a man and a woman, always has been and always will. They've already stolen the word 'gay' from us.

i don't see it as highjack, i see it as a desire to be part of.
huge difference if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Bitter Gaz?
Every man is entitle to change and grow. If he didn't throw the switches, and was a middle teen at the time, who better to find salvation and a man of god, than someone who saw and once (at least offhandedly) condoned evil?

Did you ever do anything wrong in your teen years that was immoral, illegal, ashamed of, or all the above? Most people have to some extent.

I'm no catholic, and rarely do I agree with doctrine given by the church, but I can agree a little understand of the big picture of mass brainwashing was going on. Ever tget caught up in something that you look back on and say, what the **ll was I thinking . (in my case it is about several different women and trying to sell raindbow vacume cleaners door to door, but the point remains valid.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join