It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

a born gay...
Why not? I can accept it because sin is obviously hereditary as we have hereditary diseases and behavioral, character tendencies. DNA works. No one is born as tabula rasa.
This can't be cured by man.
BTW: Will we tolerate a born pedophiles / pedophiles adopting babies then? It's still not an argument at all.
edit on 11/1/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

So being gay makes one a paedophile?
I have never imagined children being gay or doing gay things!
You think you know so much, so much more about me than I know about myself! You know nothing!
You are the one who brought up babies and infants, sodomising each other, the thought has never entered my mind and I am quite sure that most paedos are STRAIGHT!

Another thing I never realised, but am soooo glad you pointed it you pointed it out to me, sex is not sex unless conception occurs! I also didn't realise that straight men never have anal or oral sex, because that would be pure hedonism, a sin! Sex just for pleasure, must be great being married to you!
Go on, get off on your bible!
edit on 11/1/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I don't think the gay crowd represents any threat to the procreation of new human animals. But, history and basic FACTS show that idiotic religion is a SERIOUS threat to humanity.

religion is a joke, and anybody that believes in it is nothing more than a USEFUL IDIOT.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

What the F does paedophilia have to do with homosexuality?

Can one, just ONE, straight person please explain what sexually abusing a child has to do with a mature male or female having sex with another mature person of the same sex?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by 1nOne

So being gay makes one a paedophile?
I have never imagined children being gay or doing gay things!
You think you know so much, so much more about me than I know about myself! You know nothing!
You are the one who brought up babies and infants, sodomising each other, the thought has never entered my mind and I am quite sure that most paedos are STRAIGHT!

Another thing I never realised, but am soooo glad you pointed it you pointed it out to me, sex is not sex unless conception occurs! I also didn't realise that striaght men never have anal or oral sex, because that would be pure hedonism, a sin! Sex just for pleasure, must be great being married to you!
Go on, get off on your bible!

Umm...I don't quite know how to respond to this...

Allow me, then, to give some free advice instead (for whatever it's worth): stooping to name-calling and making derogatory comments in a debate does nothing to support your cause. You must first learn to master your emotions and learn a little diplomacy to be an effective ambassador of your community.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Can one, just ONE, straight person please explain what sexually abusing a child has to do with a mature male or female having sex with another mature person of the same sex?

If you read the thread, you'll see I have already done this.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Name calling? Where? When?

Maybe you should get off your pedestal and stop judging people you know nothing about!

Enjoy your narrow minded life!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

reply to post by 1nOne

Name calling? Where? When?

Maybe you should get off your pedestal and stop judging people you know nothing about!

Enjoy your narrow minded life!

I am just a fallible human being and a sinner, like yourself.
This I have come to understand. It is not my place to judge others nor would I ever want to.

I thought the purpose of this thread was to debate the Pope's statements regarding homosexuality as it pertains to the dissolution of the family unit. I was under the impression I was explaining his stance from the Catholic viewpoint. Go in peace.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think we should keep in mind that homosexuality is still being demonized as deviant behavior. It is at most at an offset with traditional values of the nuclear family.

We should know by now that this behavior is not a social phenomenon but that it actually happens in the animal kingdom. Some species of monkey use homosexual practices to resolve conflict amongst their community rather than direct conflict. Monkeys also have been seen to have groups that practice homosexuality exclusively, so as to reserve the dominant male better chances of passing on his genes to the group with the available fertile females.

To say that the sexual orientation of one person or group of them might hurt the chances of the human population to maintain itself, or grow is irrational. there will always be an ample amount of fertile females and males to reproduce new offspring.

I also want to state my opinion that Gay is not a choice in humans but rather a predisposition we either choose to accept or not. It is not something we choose based entirely on our willingness to "try" it out.

edit on 11-1-2012 by casenately because: fix

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

So, the Pope thinks gay marriage threatens humanity?

If anything, it's a hope for humanity (less population)...hehe...

Too bad he didn't feel Hitler threatened humanity when he marched as a Hitler Youth, eh?

He's supposed to be the mouthpiece to God, yet he's not willing to die for his beliefs, and instead marched in line behind a mass murderer? Yeah...some man of God.

Ridiculous hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne

I'm sorry if I have offended you somehow.

Personally, I think homosexuality is a mere trifle when looking at the big picture of things.

But please, let's stick to the facts: most of you homosexuals are self-professed atheists who have supplanted religion with faith in scientific principles, am I correct? Well, members of the mammalia class reproduce sexually: sexual intercourse is the pairing of males and females of the same species for the purpose of reproduction.

You said: "I did not need to 'attempt' to have sex, I had and have sex!" Wrong: ejaculating in another man's mouth or anus will never result in the fertilization of an egg nor will it result in the production of offspring or the creation of a new soul. What you engaged in is pure hedonism: pleasure for the sake of pleasure alone. The Catholic Church takes a strong stance against hedonism for many ethical and philosophical reasons that I won't go into simply because it would take hours explaining these things to you.

And when homosexuals imagine children being gay or doing gay things, this is just one step away from full-on pedophilia.
edit on 11-1-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

So, you are saying that if a husband and wife find out that they are physically unable to have children, that the church says they are not allowed to have intercourse, because there will be no reproduction?? That would be considered hedonism?? Sex can also be an expression of love and intimacy between two people who are committed to each other.

And why are people so hung up on the sex? Homosexuals feel loving and caring feelings for their partners, just like heterosexuals do. Yes, there are gays that have indescriminate sex with people they don't love, but so do some heterosexuals. I have a gay friend who has been with the same man for almost 20 years. He sometimes jokes that they have sex once a year, whether they want to or not. They love each other and are committed to each other, even without the sex.

Regarding your statement about pedophilia, I could just as easily say: When heterosexuals imagine children being heterosexual or doing heterosexual things, this is just one step from full-on pedophilia. So, what's the point of this statement? Pedophiliacs want to have sexual relations with children, regardless of whether they are homosexual or heterosexual.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Didn't I also hear at one point they were against the whole "Earth revolves around the Sun" thing? and there was something about torture a long time ago and l think several recent articles about hiding pedophiles?

I guess when they get their act together I will more attention to what the Pope has to say.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

go ahead and ignore the tenants of tradition. see where it gets you.

There are things inherent in the desire of human beings which should be resisted. It is the lack of resistance to these impulses which will cause a man to go to hell. It is the same in society: should we resist the bad activities ie corruption which happen? Absolutely, because if we don't, it gives the people who commit them license to licentiousness and we go straight down the tubes. Homosexuality and the Church are old enemies, I choose to listen to the Church.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Christianity is an out dated concept with numbers dwindling. I will predict something lol in 50 years it will be almost dead. With more and more people being atheists and many choosing to worship gods how they see fit. Most Christians i know worship god how they see fit and don't buy into alienating them selfs from the world. This alienating is a form of control and this control is weakening the more education there followers get. They face one path as people of today have what there counterparts never in times past that's education and information at there finger tips. It scares them so much that's why more and more of the die hard supporters are opting to send there kids to church schools. These schools are breeding grounds for radicals of a scary nature take the documentary called( Jesus Camp ) even tho it is about evangelicals the concept is the same. As for now no one should even digest what they have to say there ideas are similar to there Arab counterparts the Islamic radicals they have similar schools which the west calls training camps.Although they do not openly advocate violence they are still advocating hate and prejudice Plus they have no real say on anything just like the concept of our Royal family here in UK. So all the Pope and Vatican boil down to is the spoiled brat concept. They used to get there own way back in the old world when they were tyrants and merciless conquers. Now all they are is a tent pitching preacher who looks for more hand outs from its masses. It is not the concept of gods i dislike it is the supposedly ordained interpretations of the teaching and this is the problem i have with a lot of religions.
What does the Pope or Vatican do for this world with all the money it has occurred over generations of hand outs conquests and plunder. He goes around preaching about gays and abortions

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It was only related to the "I was born as gay so it's ok" argument. If they one day pull that out too where's the diference? And there were some psychological studies recently trying to do it in some way.
If animals do this or that and so it's ok, then let mothers eat their children because lions do it too.
Maybe we should. Do we?
edit:
Oh wait, we already have abortions. I forgot.

edit on 11/1/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
The sex scandal has been discussed earlier in the thread, but as a reminder, allegations against priests were at no greater rate than against the American population as a whole (4%). The Church took the steps that the best psychiatric advice, at the time, recommended. The Church has admitted to the failings of some of it's priests. As was noted earlier, if standard is that the Church or the Pope has to be totally perfect to express an opinion on matters, are the posters in this thread living up to that standard that they set?

I realize this isn't really pertinent to the topic, but I feel compelled to respond. Aren't priests supposed to be more pious than the general public? What is the point of becoming a priest if not to be closer to God, and therefore more pious? Shouldn't we expect a higher level of morality from our priests?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

in my just reading the OP..(but not the links)..
it appears that the Vatican is purposefully trying to get a larger population of Catholics...for many reasons...

i draw this conclusion because of the Vaticans' stance that Gay thoughts are not 'destructive'
but actually performing Gay sex is damaging ....

this is definitely a behavior modification program..., because it is only the 'absence' of posterity
(because of lifestyle choices) that really irks the Vatican college of Cardinals...

thinking Gay, or wearing Boas, or dancing to Butt-Thump Music is ~~Alright
But, altering ones sexual activities so that procreation is not an option..is definitely forbidden.

using the lame notion that a man-woman parent combination is the only family unit that is acceptable is just so medieval it is pathetic...
many orphanages have NO 'mom-dad' stereotypes which can 'love back' or for the kids to 'look up' to
If i had an option...i might have selected a Gay couple to raise me... hell fire they are generally better off financially and not stressed like Hetero couples as depicted on current TV programs

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenite
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

go ahead and ignore the tenants of tradition. see where it gets you.

There are things inherent in the desire of human beings which should be resisted. It is the lack of resistance to these impulses which will cause a man to go to hell. It is the same in society: should we resist the bad activities ie corruption which happen? Absolutely, because if we don't, it gives the people who commit them license to licentiousness and we go straight down the tubes. Homosexuality and the Church are old enemies, I choose to listen to the Church.

You mean, like slavery? That's tradition - maybe we should go back to that.

Can you please tell what is corrupt about two people wanting to commit to each other, have a home together, raise a family together?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going, and drifting so far off topic too. The ignorance of bigoted heterosexists seems insurmountable at times...

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ

It was only related to the "I was born as gay so it's ok" argument. If they one day pull that out too where's the diference? And there were some psychological studies recently trying to do it in some way.

Presumably, paedophiles have a similar predisposition towards children as homosexuals have a predisposition toward the same sex.

The difference is that when a paedophile molests a child it is considered abuse. It is generally accepted by homo- and heterosexuals alike that children should not be involved in sexual acts, especially forced into them by adults.

In contrast, homosexuals are consenting adults. What they do in private causes no harm to anyone.

If animals do this or that and so it's ok, then let mothers eat their children because lions do it too.
Maybe we should. Do we?
edit:
Oh wait, we already have abortions. I forgot.

Abortion is an entirely different topic subject to debate, however there are laws against murder to prevent mothers from thinking that dining on their children is in any way acceptable. Of course, no sane person would think that eating a child is acceptable because of the obvious harm caused to the child being eaten.

I foresee an obvious rebuttal along the lines of "Well no sane person would think that having sex with someone of the same gender is acceptable." or some such nonsense, so I shall repeat that homosexuality causes harm to no-one. (except of course the homosexuals who are berated, assaulted, murdered and executed by people with a similar mindset as the quoted poster)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ

a born gay...
Why not? I can accept it because sin is obviously hereditary as we have hereditary diseases and behavioral, character tendencies. DNA works. No one is born as tabula rasa.

Gayness can't be hereditary because gays don't reproduce and therefore the "gene" would have become extinct.

Bisexuality is a different thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join