It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Gay marriage is one of several threats to the traditional family unit that undermines 'the future of humanity itself', Pope Benedict XVI warned yesterday.

here we go again. what's with these homophobes. seems like there is a definate push to get out an anti-gay message lately.

i posted this thread a couple of days ago. Abortion a bigger problem than joblessness, says Catholic Church. Bishop warns of UNESCO plan to "m,

we all know what the bible says about this, but in the last few years it i thought the church was taking a bit more of a welcoming stance to others. why the change of heart?

During his speech, he touched on some economic and social issues facing the world today, including gay marriage.
He said: 'This is not a simple social convention, but rather the fundamental cell of every society.
'Consequently, policies which undermine the family threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself. The family unit is fundamental for the educational process and for the development both of individuals and states.
'Hence there is a need for policies which promote the family and aid social cohesion and dialogue.'

The Roman Catholic Church, which has some 1.3billion members worldwide, teaches that while homosexual tendencies are not sinful, homosexual acts are, and that children should grow up in a traditional family with a mother and a father.
Some Churches that have allowed gay marriage, women priests, gay clergy and gay bishops have been losing members to Catholicism, and the Vatican has taken steps to facilitate their conversion.
In 2009, Benedict decreed that Anglicans who leave their Church, many because they feel it has become too liberal, can find a home in Catholicism in a parallel hierarchy that allows them to keep some of their traditions.
The Vatican has since set up "ordinariates," structures similar to dioceses, in Britain and the U.S. to oversee ex-Anglicans who have converted and be a point of contact for those wishing to do so.

source

of course condeming their own for diddling children and other crimes seems to be a mute issue, but condeming others for what they do in their own bedroom is quite important.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The pope is an idiot, claims most of the free thinking world.......

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
sounds like a final grasp for control.. they are using religion to try and sway the votes in america during primary elections..

Can't people make up their own minds?? If God had a problem with it he'd take care of it himself.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I read this earlier and refrained from posting, after all its what we expect from the backwards church really, but yeah he sounds exactly like Ahmadinejad is being portrayed in the west quite frankly.Would be soo cool to get the pope on a talk show with a slightly hostile host lol

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
He's 84, i just hope this idiot dies soon. As a german i'm ashamed by him, everytime he opens his mouth, something stupid and disgusting comes out.
I think we should stop, putting old people in 'important' positons. They're from a generation and have a 'behind the times' thinking that can't be changed but also doesn't fit into the 21st Century.

And i also think that Religions are a bigger threat for humanity than anything else.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Another good example how rotten the whole piecake is. Want to remember them about the ammunition plants they owned in WWII. Now they are speaking about "good family life".
Is there a conspiracy about the curch setting up HIV? Maybe its time for that.

Edit: @shadowangel, I was about to write the same, that I´m ashamed because of him. But the other way, he comes from bavaria (the ausland) if you know what I mean ;-)
edit on 10-1-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

The Pope is against gay marriage? Holy Crap that's news isn't it.........

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strict

No, but if you can point out where I said that, you might, just might, have a point. But i didn't, so you don't. So you can stick those antagonistic rolleyes where the pope will never see them. All I state is that the pope is an idiot, I could say loads more, but I wouldn't wantto circumnavigat the swear filter.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickneal7
sounds like a final grasp for control.. they are using religion to try and sway the votes in america during primary elections..

Can't people make up their own minds?? If God had a problem with it he'd take care of it himself.

Maybe they see it as a challenge from God to Humans, to get rid of the problem alone. Thats what they would answer for sure.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Strict

i have no problem that he is against gay marriage. to each their own, but basically claiming the downfall of humanity is due to it is rediculous.

'Consequently, policies which undermine the family threaten human dignity and the future of humanity itself.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure organized religion is the greatest threat to humanity.

How are two people in love who get married a threat to humanity? Love is blind.
edit on 10-1-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: typo

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strict

No, but if you can point out where I said that, you might, just might, have a point. But i didn't, so you don't. So you can stick those antagonistic rolleyes where the pope will never see them. All I state is that the pope is an idiot, I could say loads more, but I wouldn't wantto circumnavigat the swear filter.

Wow Perhaps I hit quote on the wrong persons reply? You seriously need to chill out a bit there buddy. I wonder what happens when you make kool-aid and don't have any sugar......You just lose it don't you.

Btw when you respond with "the pope is an idiot" to a thread that is about him being against gay marriage your essentially saying that you read the post above you and think the pope is an idiot for guess what, "Being against gay marriage". To sum it up, you did in fact say that.

Or you didn't read the op's post at all and posted a one line reply that had nothing to do with the subject of the thread. Against the rules I believe is it not?

Wait why am I arguing with someone who clearly knows the opinion of most of the free thinking world?
edit on 10-1-2012 by Strict because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
precisely.

I am the oracle, I am the mind of hive.

And I jumped down your throat for the condesending nature of your post, you missquoted, so I'm happy to take it back.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Everything is a threat to humanity,if they don't like it.

They don't understand the responsibility these people have.How they must think twice everything they say.When millions of people listen to you and some believe you,how long before a psycho religious fanatic,take a gun and start killing gay people,not because he has a personal problem with them,but because his religious leader told him that they are a threat to humanity.

The people who supposed to represent the religion of love,i only hear them spread fear and hate.Can someone tell them that they are the real threat to humanity,please?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Not at all surprising that he would be against gay marriage, of course. I also agree with a previous poster that claiming that it is a threat to humanity is a bit much.

The western style atomic family is an anamoly. We humans have traditionally lived and cooperated in villages or clans.

Nowadays we are so connected and social that the atomic family is not relevant anymore (personal opinion)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Meh...the Pope.

2nd.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Marriage is just a contract, I wonder how it can be a threat.

The pope probably means homosexuality is a threat.

One thing is sure, gays are shunned and made fun of so they figured out that borrowing this licence from heterosexuals would smear some of its respectability over themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hello IRONY!

This, coming from an organization that is responsible for the deaths and suffering of billions across the globe for hundreds of years.

Yeah....whatever

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
He's 84, i just hope this idiot dies soon.

Doesn't matter. The next pope will have to say the same thing. It's the belief of the Catholic church that engaging in homosexual activity is a mortal sin. You can be homosexual and that's not a problem (acording to the church), but it's when you actually 'do the deed' that the sin happens.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

Dear Mr. Pope ... the euro-centric Vatican is a threat to the United States of America.
Yours Truly, Flyers Fan.
P.S. I did not appreciate that during your trip to Turkey you went to a Mosque and bowed to Mecca in an attempt to appease the Muslims. That was an anti-Catholic thing to do and it won't work anyways. You should know better than that.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's because you live in darkness that you support sodomites. You'll have to answer to God on the day of Judgment. Then let's see how you enjoy roasting in eternal hellfire.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join