It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Should Not Trust the Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In a current thread discussing the odd and as yet unexplanied 'sounds in the sky', ujustneverknow linked to a paper on the subject from 2004 www.scientificexploration.org...

While reading through that paper I stumbled on a section discussing mass delusion and found this:

The total number of people executed for witchcraft in Europe was approximately four million (Long, 1893). Today, the absurdity of this craze seems self-evident. Yet that was certainly not the case at the time.
Mass delusions are usually promulgated by some social or psychological expediency. Prosecution of the Witch Mania in Medieval Europe reinforced the authority of the Christian Church and provided a means whereby undesirables could be eliminated from society. The Inquisition was also doubtless invigorated by the practice of confiscating the property of the convicted. It is a historical fact that witches and heretics tended to be less numerous in poor districts. Papal bulls urging the suppression of witchcraft and sorcery had the opposite effect of lending credence to the practice. People reasoned that if the Pope himself denounced witchcraft, it must be real.

The central authority (or TPTB) back then was The Church. Given that they have used this technique with such stubnning success does it not stand to reason that the tactic would be used still? The Church was able to recruit local officials and common folks as their minions to carry out their agenda. Is 'terrorism' today's witchcraft? Is the government using that (terrorism) to wage yet another war against common folk by pitting us one against the other in the interest of combating terrorism --- modern day witchcraft??

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Simple answer, yes absolutely.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Trust governments....never have and never will, it is all about control, power and greed. The NWO is real and TPTB keep everyone guessing by planting false info everywhere. They want us dazed and confused so we won't wake up to the fact that the game plan is almost there. Divide and Conquer. IMO

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

the powers that be always need an enemy, and it's beyond obvious that the war on terror is a much greater threat than the terrorists.

in 9/11 the terrorists killed 3,000 people.
the government retaliated by killing hundreds of thousands of iraqis and afghans.
tptb then spent the us into bankruptcy, deregulated the financial sector and did more damage to the us than the terrorists could have ever done.

the cure is much worst than the disease, nothing new in politics.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Witchcraft, satanism or any other hooded apron sacrificing club.....it is all happening right under our noses and in particilar under the noses of the US citizens.

When I did see that interview with Larry silverstein just after 911 and talked about "pulling" building 7 and later try to explain himself that he meant pulling the firemen out of that building his face imidiately reminded me of a troll. Btw...any chance that brezinski and larry know eachother?

I often feel an energy of powerless frustration going over myself when I think of the possibillity that those two and the their mass murdering friends rest in peace .

I am aware that an individual can not make much difference but I sometimes wonder if the rest of the world should held all US citizens accountable when the entire world have turned into a dark abyss of distruction and misery. Just because they refuse to stand up agains the robbery, murder and rape of their own country and give the ones responsible a chance to do it with the rest of the world.

Pardon me....just had to let these words out of my system...

Ultimate conspiracy...sure...should we not trust the government...? Look around you and see what is happening around you and in the world....see through manipulation and the lies....why not..?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
In a current thread discussing the odd and as yet unexplanied 'sounds in the sky', ujustneverknow linked to a paper on the subject from 2004 www.scientificexploration.org...

While reading through that paper I stumbled on a section discussing mass delusion and found this:

The total number of people executed for witchcraft in Europe was approximately four million (Long, 1893). Today, the absurdity of this craze seems self-evident. Yet that was certainly not the case at the time.
Mass delusions are usually promulgated by some social or psychological expediency. Prosecution of the Witch Mania in Medieval Europe reinforced the authority of the Christian Church and provided a means whereby undesirables could be eliminated from society. The Inquisition was also doubtless invigorated by the practice of confiscating the property of the convicted. It is a historical fact that witches and heretics tended to be less numerous in poor districts. Papal bulls urging the suppression of witchcraft and sorcery had the opposite effect of lending credence to the practice. People reasoned that if the Pope himself denounced witchcraft, it must be real.

The central authority (or TPTB) back then was The Church. Given that they have used this technique with such stubnning success does it not stand to reason that the tactic would be used still? The Church was able to recruit local officials and common folks as their minions to carry out their agenda. Is 'terrorism' today's witchcraft? Is the government using that (terrorism) to wage yet another war against common folk by pitting us one against the other in the interest of combating terrorism --- modern day witchcraft??

SPOT ON!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Terrorism has become yet another Orwellian euphemism used by those in power to manipulate language to control a population of jackasses.

Whether the word is 'witch', 'communist', or 'terrorist', morally corrupt individuals will use these words to control people who are too lazy to give real thought to anything.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I wouldn't trust the government to go to the store and buy me some milk. They lie to us so often, what reasons do we have to trust them? They lied about the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, they lied about not being warned about a potential terrorist attack leading up to 9/11, they lied about WMDs in Iraq, they lied about the death of Pat Tillman, the list goes on and on.

Not only do they pathologically lie and treat the American people like suckers, but they also don't do what they're supposed to do. Every government official takes an oath to protect the Constitution, yet the government constantly passes things that grossly violate the Bill of Rights and Constitution. The NDAA, Patriot Act, allowing the TSA to grab your genitals/breasts, all of these things pass in the name of protecting us from terrorist boogeymen.

But it gets even deeper than that. They don't just lie excessively and violate the Constitution which they are sworn to protect, they are also corrupt. They get bribed by lobbyists, bought out by bankers and CEOs, and vote how they are told to vote. The people don't come first, making some cash even though it might mean turning America into a bankrupt oppressive police state is what's important to those scumbags.

That's not just in Congress, that goes all the way to the top. Just ask Obama, whose top campaign contributor was Goldman Sachs. I'm sure that had something to do with him appointing 11 Goldman Sachs employees to his administration. There are very few people within the government that I do trust.
edit on 10-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Some think the Vatican was behind the witchcraft trials !

The Malleus Maleficarum[2] (Latin for "Hammer of the Witches", or "Der Hexenhammer" in German) is an infamous treatise on witches, written in 1486 by Heinrich Kramer, an Inquisitor of the Catholic Church, and was first published in Germany in 1487.[3] Jacob Sprenger is also often attributed as an author, but some scholars now believe that he became associated with the Malleus Maleficarum largely as a result of Kramer's wish to lend his book as much official authority as possible.[4]

The main purpose of the Malleus was to attempt to systematically refute arguments claiming that witchcraft does not exist, discredit those who expressed skepticism about its reality, to claim that witches were more often women than men, and to educate magistrates on the procedures that could find them out and convict them.[5]

Malleus Maleficarum

related story:
Catholic Church Issues Guide on How to Convert Witches

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well certainly 'The Church' was behind all that and that is part and parcel with The Vatican. Certainly a power move on their part. It's no coincidence that 'Christian' holidays aligned perfectly with pagan ones in so many cases. Just makes it easier to stamp out the latter.

What all this shows is how easily TPTB can enlist people to become their 'minions' and wreck carnage on the rest of us. People are so easily manipulated and tend to believe whatever they are told from 'official' sources. So if the White House says such-and-such an organization is a terrorist group alot of people will believe. 4 million people back in the 16th century is ALOT of people. Gives me the willies what could happen in modern day if 'they' decided to have at us.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by jtma508

I wouldn't trust the government to go to the store and buy me some milk. They lie to us so often, what reasons do we have to trust them? They lied about the Gulf of Tonkin Incident, they lied about not being warned about a potential terrorist attack leading up to 9/11, they lied about WMDs in Iraq, they lied about the death of Pat Tillman, the list goes on and on.

Not only do they pathologically lie and treat the American people like suckers, but they also don't do what they're supposed to do. Every government official takes an oath to protect the Constitution, yet the government constantly passes things that grossly violate the Bill of Rights and Constitution. The NDAA, Patriot Act, allowing the TSA to grab your genitals/breasts, all of these things pass in the name of protecting us from terrorist boogeymen.

But it gets even deeper than that. They don't just lie excessively and violate the Constitution which they are sworn to protect, they are also corrupt. They get bribed by lobbyists, bought out by bankers and CEOs, and vote how they are told to vote. The people don't come first, making some cash even though it might mean turning America into a bankrupt oppressive police state is what's important to those scumbags.

That's not just in Congress, that goes all the way to the top. Just ask Obama, whose top campaign contributor was Goldman Sachs. I'm sure that had something to do with him appointing 11 Goldman Sachs employees to his administration. There are very few people within the government that I do trust.
edit on 10-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

It is very sad,..... isn't it?

I have a strong impression that many countries in the world serve one and the same agenda when it comes to certain security, monetairy, millitairy or whatever policy important for creating a NWO. Because of that the world is changing fast.

Personally I am not against order in the world with the rule that all countries in the world can be held accountable for disturbing the peace and justice. I wouldn't mind if people feel the responsibillity and calling to run the world the best way possible.

But unfortunately it seems that the brass of the NWO organisation today rather want to meet in secrecy, denie that they meet for such a cause and thus refuse to reveal what their plans are to guide us to this utopia.

As rule of tumb I know that everything in secrecy has a dark side to it....if not, it is completely dark.

edit on 13/1/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Even witches got "trials" back in the day before they were burned alive.

Congress gave the PResident authority to kill Americans without a trial.
Congress gave the PResident authority to imprison forever Americans without a trial.

At least the witches got a trial.

top topics

join