It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Chemtrail Propaganda

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrno1
Why are we spending 15 million a year on cloud seeding is the real question?

Because there are still people who think it may help produce rain. Even after 60+ years of trying, the exact effectiveness of cloud seeding is not that clearly able to be gauged.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Because there are still people who think it may help produce rain. Even after 60+ years of trying, the exact effectiveness of cloud seeding is not that clearly able to be gauged.

I don't think that they are that dumb, Something is working, maybe just not what we think.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I don't think that they are that dumb, Something is working, maybe just not what we think.

The problem is that sometimes when you seed a cloud, you get rain from that cloud. Some people may say that the cloud seeding is what made it rain, while others may say that the rain could have happened anyway (without seeding the cloud).

Therefore, there are still people who think cloud seeding may actually work, and is worth a try.

I'm not saying that I know if cloud seeding can work on a consistent basis or not, but in general, even if some product/technique appears not to work, there are still people who are willing to pay money for that product/technique.

edit on 1/11/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Why are we spending 15 million a year on cloud seeding is the real question?

If that figure is accurate, and I don't know if it is, then that shows how unrealistic it is to think that chemtrailing is linked to cloud seeding (or exists at all).

Here is Boeings price list. The cheapest Boeing you can buy is the smallest one, the 737-600, and it will cost you $59m for ONE of them. Or you could go all the way up to the 747-8F at $333m each!

It makes that $15m look pretty pathetic.

www.boeing.com...
edit on 11-1-2012 by waynos because: Forgot link, duh.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Cloud seeding and ChemTrails are not the same thing!

edit on 11-1-2012 by Paul Rubino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul Rubino

Both your links are broken.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Originally posted by romanmel
Why the title of this thread: Fox News Chemtrail Propaganda?

Where in the report did they EVER say the word "Chemtrail"?

They Didn't.

I suspect the OP has no concept of the difference between cloud seeding and chemtrails, as understood in the modern phenomena.

You effing kidding me man?

Read the fricken thread again.

I suspect YOU have no clue about the ^ above as well.

You don't have to say the word "chemtrail" (in fact ..you wouldn't want to say it) for something to be propaganda about chemtrails .....

edit on 11-1-2012 by dplum517 because: added

My my, we do get our panties in a bind when someone disagrees with us, don't we?

There are much easier ways to kill us off than using barium salts, ya know?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by maceov

IMO using WW2 bombers as a reference for persistent contrails should be BANNED.

There are too many variables and questionable data concerning those.

As opposed to chemtrail having no data a all therefore none of it is variable??!!

Pathetic cry baby cherry-picking - "oh - here some stuff that disproves my pathetic conspiracy and I can't argue against it so let's ban it"

Cry baby!

Plus ....they are military planes

And therefore them burning hydrocarbon fuel at cold, humid high altitude has to follow different physics from everyone else, or what??

Actually I've got a better idea than yours - let's ban all argumentum ex culo like this rubbish!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul Rubino

Here, fixed your YouTube link.

(Dunno about the link to "tinyurl")....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Pointing out the patently obvious does nothing for my ego - having to do it, yet again, just makes me think even worse of the chemtrail hoax pushers.......although it's getting a bit asymptotic in that regard....
edit on 11-1-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

What altitude were the 2 a/c at? What were the atmospheric conditions at each altitude - humidity, temperature??

Without knowing those this video is just more argumentum ex culo

Moreover chief chemtrail hoax pusher Michael J Murphy says it is rubbish too - he's the guy who made "What in hte world are they spraying" and he says you cannot distinguish a contrail from a chemtrail visually - you have to test it chemically - because persistent contrails do exist:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I think they didn't stop at cloud seeding if they succeeded or not, scientists don't stop after doing one thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by notonsamepage

They may have perfected it and moved on..

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Nice man this is a great peace of evidence to show those who feel this is outlandish or over the top. here in WNY we have had a major reduction of C-trails but lately they have started to become more frequent.

Excellent post thanks!!!! :>

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but where i am all you have to do is watch the sky and i can tell. They are always very tiny in the sky and leave a contrail behind them that NEVER (until the next day) goes away. So, i thought to myself..."Self, why isn't it going away?". It's just very high up. But then i thought, "Who could be up that high that it would make the plane do this, and make it form into clouds? [Which we all know from our good friend Bill Nye The Science Guy...BBIIILLLLL NYEEE TTHHE... sorry flashback, needs more than just liquid; it needs dust (or salt, which i have never heard before) to make clouds.] TPTB! thats just what i thought.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why is everyone talking BULL about Moscow? Here is the video from 1000 ways to die...

I would believe this over Fx News... and

P.S. All i saw in the OP vid was...

"IS CLOUD SEEDING DANGEROUS?"

"BILL NYE"
"THE SCIENCE GUY"

"IS CLOUD SEEDING DANGEROUS?"

"PRES OBAMA IS PROMISING TO OVERHAUL THE NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND EDUCATION LAW"

"SEEDING: CLOUDS ARE BLASTED WITH SILVER IODIDE"

U get my point...Does anybody notice these? Watch them and you will notice they put things to favor agendas.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You must be insane to imagine a WW2 bomber would be modified to deliberately leave persistent trails in the sky like a big sign saying "hey Luftwaffe, here we are come and shoot us down!!"

And no, by the way, the bomber crews during daytime raids absolutely hated the fact they were leaving trails, and complained accordingly. Your notion that the trails would actually hamper the German fighters attempts at shooting down the bombers is ridiculous. A fighters main objective when he scrambled to intercept bombers was to find them, radar was primitive, and usually he was given only a general heading and altitude, the contrails left by the bombers were a gift to the Luftwaffe and cost many allied lives.
edit on 11-1-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

THAT video is wrongly titled.

It is actually "Contrail vs. Contrail".

It is a myth perpetuated by the worst ignorance out in "chemtrail"-pusher land that a large and fluffy, long lasting contrail is "something else".

It isn't.

Compare what the video has labeled a "chemtrail" to other cirrus clouds......and cirrocumulus, and alto cirrus.

Like examples in this gallery of clouds.

May want to study up some more on cloud types, and the processes that form them and sustain them.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join