It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The golden rule - treat others how do you want to be treated - do you live it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is the most unanimous ethic and moral rule there is, it is in every religion.
Love others as you love yourself.
The law of reciprocity.
Do you live this rule everyday?
Do you try to understand people?
Do you put yourself in other people shoes?
Do you connect to other peoples feelings?
Do you love others as if they were you?
Because they are you.
There is only one here, its us.
Individuality is an illusion, a purposeful illusion but still an illusion.
We are one being, people, animals, rocks... its us, living and learning, masked in every faces, in every bodies, we are unity in diversity.
We are one, learning how to deserve light, learning how to create light from darkness.
Do you believe this? Why?
Do you live it?
Its hard, i try, but most of the time i forget it, i must remember it so i get used to live like this, one day it becomes habit, it goes to the unconscious. Until then, i need to make conscious effort everyday.
Thanks for sharing

edit on 10-1-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I try my best to but its not always easy, ps what is the symbol in your avatar out of curiosity?
edit on 10-1-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The illusion of individualy can be illustrated by the idea of islands in the sea. At the surface, the islands appear individual and solo in their existance, but if you look, you will find that under the water they are all connected, in fact, they are all one and the same terra:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

Its Neptune, it is the neptune glyph in astrology.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Nice pic! Its an illusion but it has a very good purpose, teach us how to return to the one consciousness through the experience of separation.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I do my best, not always with glittering results...

I do, however, modify it a bit -

Treat others as they wish to be treated

I used to use the actual Golden Rule of treating others as I treat myself, but one day somebody asked a question:

"Should a masocist treat other people as they (the masocist) wants to be treated?". Generally not.

That led to my little modification. And I still don't always live up to that, sadly. The whole human thing...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I live it... Its a GOLDEN RULE after all..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I try to put myself in other peoples shoes and I try to imagine how they would feel.

The problem comes when for example I do not know them well enough to truly know how they feel.

For example, I make a blunt but honest statement and in my mind it is not insensitive

But the other person gets all bent out of shape over it.

What I perceive as nothing more than a honest comment to someone else is a hurtful insult.....

I hate it when I do that, so I have tried to be more cautious in my wording, but if you catch me in an off moment, you might not like what I have to say.

I never go out of my way to intentionally hurt anyone.....all that ever does is hurt myself in the end....karma is a # as the saying goes.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Personnaly I live this every day of my life, this has become my philosophy.

But you are not to await anything in return! The law of reciprocity does not apply, as there are few people who live like this.

So do good, be a good person, and everything... but do not expect others to be the same, and accept the flaws of others around you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I try too.

I do catch myself being less than nice or just too judgmental sometimes when I come across people doing honestly stupid stuff that could have easily been avoided.

I'm aware though . I've always had a high awareness level at whatever I've done so I usually catch myself which is a good thing because I can instantly re-teach myself that or other life lessons and learn from them while they happen.

I'm a very calm person but watching ignorant things happen over and over again and build up just sets me off sometimes. So I try to not let it get to that point.

But yea I've noticed most people are not considerate of other people at all. It's become about what they need to do and nobody else.

Just yesterday...Lady in a michigan u holding up 10 cars from turning left because she was talking on her phone and not paying attention.....missed the light.....had to wait another 5 minutes in traffic before we could all turn.

Thing was ...the cars on the road slowed down to let us all out because they had room behind them with no cars for 500 feet....yet this lady does not budge.....so she screwed over the 10 cars behind her...and the 4 on the road that went out of there way to almost stop on a 50mph 4 lane road to let us ALL out.....and she ruined it because she was not aware nor did she care to be.

To me...people like that are useless humans and ruin the experience for the rest of us.

But then I say to myself.....Without anger and frustration how would I learn to appreciate consideration and Calm.

It takes some others bad for you to know the full spectrum of feelings.

But back to TC.....yes I try to live that rule....and to end this....I almost road raged for the first time in 4-5 years.....but I caught myself and just continued driving on even though I could have got her at the next red.

I guess the lesson being don't sweat the small stuff.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

You can only ever treat others as you would want to be treated. If you don't want to get burnt, don't stick your hand in the fire.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I try to live it day to day as a rule, so when i meet someone in person,
i try to be as polite and hospitable as possible.
(for me to do so requires some effort, for i´m VERY quick to speak my mind, no matter the consequences)

BUT

As soon as you´re no longer in my view, i couldn't care less if you live or die.

But a polite smile is still a polite smile, and most people enjoy getting one of those.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Yes sir, best believe it!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
As from today, no. I personally had had enough of being walked over by others. Only my youngest daughter shall i look out for. The rest of them can go stuff themselves.

Caught me in a very bad mood. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

A more than reasonable point of view.
You have my respect on this matter,
Whetever you like it or not.

edit on 10-1-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
it is an evil invention

first, objectively this rule is about killing objective reality and fact existence too, if in ur mind the other is ur positive self realization life then from ur perspective when this will become constant from u there wont b anything else, u r then killing others and killing existence and killing truth free realizations

second, this rule is suggesting to ones free senses the way to become liars within themselves out, free will in that premise is clearly exclusively about what u want
or, free will is about right move, true free sense, never a sense that is meaning to use what he sees existing in order to get smthg
will is what u realize not what u will get

the true way of free will is considerations to objective superiority or superior realisations, this is why the result in truth is necessarily constant positive end, if u keep meaning wht is superior in doing it or in pointing its reality existing then ur free move is objectively present positive constant ultimately

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Thanks for that.
Really nice image that shows how it is.
Thanks again

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I try to the best I can.
Hence why I don't get this whole "Gays/Muslims/Religion is evil" thing. Live and let live!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Yes I do.

I dont want to be bothered so I dont bother anybody about anything.
I dont want to get ripped off so I dont rip off anyone even slightly (which is pretty bad for business.)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't think there is a golden rule, people modify it as they wish..

In my opinion the Golden Rule is "Be Love". It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Be Love means Feel Love, Think Love, Speak Love, Do Love...

It doesn't matter if people love you back or not, be love because you are love and when you love you are being 100% who you truly are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join