It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel prepares for Iran nuclear weapons test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
www.theaustralian.com.au...

ISRAELI experts have begun planning for Iran to test a nuclear bomb within 12 months, according to leaked Israeli documents.

The Times reported that leading Israeli military and defence experts last week conducted a simulation of scenarios likely to occur in this event

The report came as the UN nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, said Iran had begun enriching uranium at its underground Fordow site to 20 per cent - the required level for a nuclear weapon.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by daaskapital because: link

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well, again with the fear mongering. According to leaked reports, Israel is getting ready for a Nuclear Iran within the year, expecting them to test a nuke! Now if this is not propaganda (which i am inclined to believe it is) then the test could start an arms race and a potential military strike on Iran.

edit on 10-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is getting silly, they just wont let it go will they. As each day passes I think a war is less and less likely unless Israel do indeed start it

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
DP
edit on 10-1-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
every war the united states has been in for the last few decades there has a been a lead up of support until actual boots are on the ground.

things are very quiet know. the calm before the storm. it will be a surprise attack lead by israel that will shock the world in it's intensity and carnage when it's all over.

by the report's of iran's air defences and ability to hack super advanced stealth drones, it looks like israel will be flying into a meat grinder.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Psh, let Iran have their nukes, if they ever dare to use them they will be utterly destroyed and Iran will be made uninhabitable for 10,000 years so there's really nothing to be afraid of. If terrorists are that stupid that they want to use those WMD then their countrymen and their ethnicity will become significantly depopulated, if not extinct. If they want this power they better be prepared to pay the price for using it if they ever do use it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

ISRAELI experts have begun planning for Iran to test a nuclear bomb within 12 months, according to leaked Israeli documents.

The Times reported that leading Israeli military and defence experts last week conducted a simulation of scenarios likely to occur in this event

The report came as the UN nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, said Iran had begun enriching uranium at its underground Fordow site to 20 per cent - the required level for a nuclear weapon.

(visit the link for the full news article)

I know you are quoting an article and I am commenting on the crap written in the article.

You won't get any significant detonation with 20% enriched uranium, it would only be crude bomb. Weapons' grade uranium is enriched to 85% or higher. Technically 20% is the dividing line between Low Enriched Uranium and Highly Enriched Uranium. You need between 12-20% enriched uranium for research reactors and that is what Iran is doing. If it is a crude bomb Iran is looking for, they can achieve at much lesser concentration of U235 too.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Well, again with the fear mongering.

What's fear mongering about preparing for a nuclear weapons test by an enemy nation? Israel is preparing itself for any situation, rightfully so.
...Oh well, again with the hate mongering.

Originally posted by trustnothing
This is getting silly, they just wont let it go will they.

Err, no? Why should we just let it go? So you doom mongers could get your wish and have Israel unprepared?

If you were a country's leader, and on the other hand there was another theocratic country who is a declared enemy and just won't shut up about their will to get rid of your country, would you not be prepared for a nuclear event, specially amidst the current enthusiastic will of that country to develop questionable nuclear capabilities, and hide their reactors inside bunkers?
You were a damn poor leader if you chose to ignore that.

All in all, you guys would've had some merit to your usual boring whines if Israel did anything. It didn't.. It just, as the article claims, prepares for a nuclear weapons test. How hard is it to comprehend?
..Probably hard enough once you're that biased and everything a nation does is considered fear mongering in your point of view.

Sad.. really.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, if they DO complete a test.. It will be in another country, with someone elses bomb cause they only just now started to enrich uranium under EXTREME IAEA watch.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Thank you!

20% enriched uranium is not weapons grade. At 20% you can start using it medically though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Jews news constantly paste the words IRAN and NULCEAR BOMB together. Any excuse is good, even fabulation such as this piece.

They're trying to plant yet another baseless association in people's minds. Avoid jews news like the plague, it's mind poison in its purest form!
edit on 10-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'd note that the certain stupidity and futility of their actions have never stopped leaders from doing the insane by forcing their unwilling populations into total warfare no one asked for. Iran, Israel...the US or Britain. Who knows.... Anyone could fire the first shot or maybe a 3rd party just cuts loose between everyone to make confusion where no one ever quite knows for certain WHO started what in the end.

I just look out there, see combat forces staging on both sides and know they don't do this for laughs. If we get out of this without war, we'll all be owing a miracle back to something. It sure won't be by good sense and intelligence from either side...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I didn't know that.
What is the percentage needed for a dirty bomb?

Hold on a sec.
en.wikipedia.org...

Highly enriched uranium (HEU) has a greater than 20% concentration of 235U or 233U. The fissile uranium in nuclear weapons usually contains 85% or more of 235U known as weapon(s)-grade, though for a crude, inefficient weapon 20% is sufficient (called weapon(s)-usable);[2][3] some argue that even less is sufficient[citation needed], but then the critical mass for unmoderated fast neutrons rapidly increases, approaching infinity at 6%235U.[4]

While not optimal. 20% is useable enough to make a nuclear weapon.

edit on 10-1-2012 by grey580 because: wikipedia. damn you!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Considering their situation I think they just might fast track a crude one.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It is only common sense that the Israeli's would prepare for such a test. Israel is considered to be a target for such a weapon and would develop many contingency plans. The world hopes that Iran knows the consequences of any foolish actions. The US may stand clear of any military conflict. If tensions rise to the point of conflict, the safest place for the US 5th fleet may be outside of the Persian Gulf. Watch the location of the carrier group.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

The article is lying. Surprise surprise from the MSM... NOT.

20% enrichment for a nuclear weapon is TOTAL BULL. It's like saying that the minimum to take out a F-22 is a handgun! I mean, you can scratch the F-22 with a handgun, but you sure as hell can't shoot it down!

What's next... they'll tell Hitler is still alive and running Iran?

edit on 10-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I dont get it. Why would Israel "prepare" for a weapons test when all along they have said they will now allow Iran to get nukes?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I dont get it. Why would Israel "prepare" for a weapons test when all along they have said they will now allow Iran to get nukes?

To hype the threat and muddy the waters.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yeah iv'e heard the same sort of rubbish on the BBC world service.

Trying to make 20% enrichment sound like weapons grade when we all know 90% is weapons grade.

Epic Fail by the MSM, i think most informed people on the planet know the difference between 20% and 90%.

The presenter on the world service said and i quote...

..20% enrichment almost enough to make a bomb !!

You can't make this rubbish up...well apparently the MSM can.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Psh, let Iran have their nukes, if they ever dare to use them they will be utterly destroyed and Iran will be made uninhabitable for 10,000 years so there's really nothing to be afraid of. If terrorists are that stupid that they want to use those WMD then their countrymen and their ethnicity will become significantly depopulated, if not extinct. If they want this power they better be prepared to pay the price for using it if they ever do use it.

I will never understand how a human being can act so ignorant against the facts (or rather, lack of) them.

Again, we have someone reffering to a whole nattion as terrorists. Fast asleep with the fishes and tied to an achor in the depths of the ocean while the western media pumps it's oil through your veins.

You fail to understand that the US and Israel are only where they are because of nuclear weapons. It's called insurance. They decide that because they have nuclear weapons they are able to dictate foreign policy at will or they threat regional genocide by means of nuclear "deterent" or more commonly invasion, at the hands of these oppressive regimes. they are not provoking Iran because they are going to "nuke israel" or "nuke the US"... it is because a nuclear weapon gives you insurance, and in turn you get to become the world bully. Iran is simply providing electricty to it's citizens... there is absolutely no proof or one shred of evidence that Iran is planning on creating and/or launching a nuclear warhead.

Now you see, where i am from... terror (in the form of terrorism) involves the act of promoting violence and panic among citizens with the aim of securing a political goal. Tell me, the US government/military are "not" a terror organization? As far as the eye can see, everything the US and Israel do... it involves violence (invasions) and/or panic (fear/war mongering) for the sake of political gains. The US and Israel combined have more blood on their hands than any other country/nation on the whole planet in terms of innocent people killed.

Please, explain to me in your own words how is Iran a threat and how on earth can you call a whole nation and it's citizens "terrorists". If you want to call ANYONE a terrorist... you should be directing it to the USA government, it's military and the many alphabet soups (CIA/FBI/NSA).

Even still. I would never go as much to assume a whole nation as terrorist's. You are stating you are blind by using such a sickening comment.

For the record, i am an english white male.. so don't try and stereotype me as a "terrorist" defending his own kind. I find it offensive that you can even call a nation a "terrorist".

I'm done for the day. Truely sick of all this disgusting talk inciting death and destruction as if it is some kind of entertaining sport.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join