It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks that turn Invisible 2011 (Britains BAE Systems)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

They turn invisible to infra red only

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I bet theyre close to full cloaking if already not achieved. Cool video though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

they dont i think they reflect the back ground onto the tank and it perfectly blends in. it uses projectors

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

Yes it makes you wonder what technology they have kept in secret i doubt they reveal all to the world.this was probably just a project they revealed that was cheap and they claim costs billions to cover some other top secret project they are developing.and this is on sale to other country's already

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

so its cutting edge technology stolen from

Bee hives?..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Quite good tech but probably my least favorite of all when it comes to stealth tech.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

lol looks like it.nature inspires quite a lot inventions though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Speaking of invisibility, is this video legit?

edit on 10-1-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Possibly i think there is suits that was developed that bends reflective light that interferes with cameras

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It seems to me that it doesn't cover the top? what about airborne observers and people at a higher elevation? they would still be able to see the heat signature. And Javelins in flight could see it as well.

It's so insane that it can disguise itself as something else, though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is fasicnating tech and a number of threads were run here on it a couple months ago. This is one of 3 systems I've seen demonstrated to the public which I feel play into those noises in the sky we're all hearing but no one ever SEES the source of.

Even fully matured, this technology alone doesn't do the trick....but you could't effectively cloak a ship without it, either. Infra-red would HAVE to be accounted for in making a stealth craft of any kind...and this looks like as good a solution as any to deal with that end of the spectrum. Now how old is the prototype technology and how long has a production version existed?

Oh.. er.. wait.. they JUST invented this huh?? JUST now figured out how to do it...eh?
Yeah.... I'm sure BAE Systems is in that habit. Sharing the bleeding edge stealth capabilities with the world press... lol... So if they're showing it in Demo vids for customers, I'd say it's OLD tech in those places where the future is yesterday for systems actually being tested. Oh what I wouldn't give for ONE DAY in the modern version of Area 51... either one of them.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think development was started in 2007 and tanks would be fitted with it by 2012 according to a simmilar youtube video

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

they probably can fit all over a tank or ship.there is probably secrets they wanted to keep so they just show a very basic example of it.

top topics

join