It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to start a Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Just watched the trailer, what are your thoughts on this?
Is This funded by the CIA?

The considerable legacy of Gene Sharp, the unassuming Boston political-science professor whose writings influenced national liberation movements around the globe, is spotlit in Ruaridh Arrow's admiring docu "How to Start a Revolution." This U.K. feature is well timed amid the ongoing events of the Arab Spring, as well as the Occupy Wall Street spinoffs in various U.S. cities, in which Sharp's methods of popular nonviolent resistance resonate.

This here really caught my attention though

Iran accuses him of being a CIA agent, while Hugo Chavez has lumped him with George W. Bush as stirring imperialist insurrection.

Link

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Interesting stuff there.....not sure what to make of it....I suppose as with everything here on ATS it could go either way.

He could simply be a professor who has created a systematic approach for revolution

Or

He could be a CIA asset that works to undermine governments in other nations....

I come to ATS to take in as much info as possible, but I am rarely ever convinced of any of it, one way or the other.
I certainly do not have anywhere close to enough information on this guy to even begin to speculate, but I will be keeping my eye out for him in the future and see if he pops up again.

Thanks for sharing the info!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sianara

Would not surprise me considering how this video seems to have been made by professionals..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
that won't work.

cut cable for a year. ban televisions.

the massive simultaneous shock of 10's of millions of people deprogrammed cold turkey in one day will cause a massive spike of anxiety that will manifest into violence at the perpetrators.

the same thing could be done to applebots. but what would they do. throw an empty starbuck coffee cup at you.

edit on 10-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
History has shone that :

Non violent protest will only change the status-quo, the Established Government remains.

Only violent revolution changes the Established Government.

This history teaches us that non-violent revolution is the product of the Established Government and is organized within the Established Government as a method to release the anger of the people and still remain in control and power. The Government must make concessions, but the Government remains.

Violent Revolution is the only method that actually sets up a New Government.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
New age violent revolutionary guerilla groups = revolution

It will happen soon, this Occupy stuff is the watered down version.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1
New age violent revolutionary guerilla groups = revolution

It will happen soon, this Occupy stuff is the watered down version.

We need people to stop it during this time. Violent revolution in america would only fall flat on its face if it occured right now.

There is nowhere near enough support for it.

I beleive if we allow the treason of the men in power to continue that would allow for more support for revolution. violent or nonviolent. Though i prefer nonviolent my preference does not reflect the actions of my fellow man in voiceing out our opinions.

If they declare martial law,gun grabs or both,my preference will not happen. As such someone will pull a trigger. at that point the second civil war has just begun.

Nobody needs to say lets pull the trigger theyll just do it.

But unless they do declare martial law or gun grab we must oppose any and all violent acts in protest to the esablishment.
edit on 4-2-2012 by BulletShogun because: felt the need to add material

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

Any kid that plays Call of Duty under 21 years of age - recruited. If they can shoot a gun, they can storm the white house.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
All you need to start a revolution is ridicule the target country's traditions, capture the hearts and minds of the young and make them distrust their government, and make sure you constantly implicate the target country in any scandal you can. You can rely on the gullible intellectuals and media to do the rest.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1

Any kid that plays Call of Duty under 21 years of age - recruited. If they can shoot a gun, they can storm the white house.

Video games are unrealistic in terms of combat. in a video game you can be shot several times and stop and move like nothing happened. Most of the under 21 call of duty fans I know are ether the jocks that do not care or the fat nerd who thinks every player who is better than them is a hacker. Also not a fan of politics.

There is a huge lack of support for any type of revolution at the moment. And i doubt your going to last long on this forum with this talk of violence.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Jared Lee Loughner has more ATS posts than me and he SHOT people. I'll be fine here. As for my post, i was joking. However, If you look at our first Amendment in the US Constitution, it says

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

This simply means WE have the power to confront our goverment, but ONLY if we have evidence of their wrong doing. If we can get this = non violent revolution/over-throw of power. But if our world turns to chaos BEFORE we can prove their evil, violence may be our only shot.
ATS needs to start cranking out some well detailed conspiracy theories
edit on 4-2-2012 by revolutionphase1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join