It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
My only advice to you???

Quit Smoking

edit on 10-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

I am about 4 hours from monroe, along the outskirts of port barre and opelousas, so i am not surprised you heard it as well. being from the same area, did you happen to notice the clouds? They were covering everything visible in the sky while the rumbling was going on, yet when it stopped, the clouds cleared up. This is getting more and more weird..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
hello

When I took the sound from various reports mad with audio she heard the same thing 2 of 3 times.

That was enough for me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The OP's observation about the cloud-covered sky could be telling. Dense, even cloud cover is associated with stable air. That is a prerequisite of an atmospheric phenomenon called 'atmospheric ducting'. It's been long associated with radio wave propagation and even allowing light to travel log distances. here is the Tallahassee National Weather Service's explanation for an earlier event:

WWUS82 KTAE 100018
SPSTAE

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011

FLZ011-013>018-026-027-114-115-118-127-GAZ155>158-100230-
JACKSON-CALHOUN-INLAND GULF-INLAND FRANKLIN-GADSDEN-LEON- INLAND JEFFERSON-LIBERTY-INLAND WAKULLA-COASTAL GULF-COASTAL FRANKLIN-COASTAL JEFFERSON-COASTAL WAKULLA-SEMINOLE-DECATUR-GRADY-THOMAS
718 PM EST WED MAR 9 2011 /618 PM CST WED MAR 9 2011/

…STRANGE SOUNDS BEING REPORTED ACROSS THE FLORIDA BIG BEND…

THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL REPORTS OF VERY STRANGE SOUNDS FROM THE WOODVILLE AREA SINCE ABOUT 645 PM EST. THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BELIEVES THIS PHENOMENON IS BEING CAUSED BY THUNDER FROM DISTANT LIGHTNING STROKES… BOUNCING OFF A VERY STABLE LAYER ABOVE THE GROUND. THIS IS CALLED DUCTING…AND CAN ALLOW SOUND TO TRAVEL UNUSUALLY LONG DISTANCES. THIS SOUND HAS BEEN MISTAKENLY ATTRIBUTED TO POSSIBLE TORNADOES…BUT WE AT THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WANT TO BE VERY CLEAR THAT THERE ARE NO TORNADOES … AND NONE ARE EXPECTED.“

Not saying all are this and it would seem TN to AL is a pretty long distance but it does fit.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have heard this sound before to and just like the OP, parts of my house were shaking.
But it wasn't normal shaking, it was as if it was shaking without actually moving, an extremely low frequency could do that maybe.
I could hear pieces of whatever is in the walls of this old shack falling apart but it was still feeling like it wasn't actually happening. This is VERY hard to explain, it was like it was moving to me but not actually moving in the real world.

The sound itself sounded like dubstep baselines with no rhythm.
I went outside to check what was going on but the sky was clear. An airplane flew by but the sound was not coming from its direction. I could pinpoint the direction of the sound in the sky but there was clearly nothing there, not an outline, not a blur like when the predator cloaks himself, there was just nothing but bass sound.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
there was a ATSer form your neck of the woods discussing this a couple of weeks ago. She had had some videos with sound that she took. I think i recall the sky being overcast in her vids. she also had some good responses that you may find helpful. I'll check back in my past post to see if i can get her username for you.

BRB

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

It was raining cats and dogs at the time, so I assume it was cloudy, it is completely overcast right now outside, and has been raining sporadically since yesterday with the same weather conditions.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i can't confirm if the sky was cloudy or not since it was at night but if my memory serves me right it was dreary the day before i heard the strange noise.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

That would be wonderful, it is strange to say the least. i felt the cloud thing was rather far fetched, but from feedback, and watching videos, it is proving to be more and more true. which leads me to believe that more is happening in the sky than we have been lead to believe.

But this is another conspiracy all together, I feel the truth behind the massive clouds could be HAARP though, which would explain both the sound, and the clouds, but it would also be able to be located if this was the case...
edit on 10-1-2012 by Sensi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

ducting might be a reasonable explanation although i've heard that before. not long ago. the difference is it sounds like thunder and doesn't last for hours. ducting does last a long time but it would be closer to 5 minutes not hours.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Check out the thread conversations with a 6 year old. Just like in the movie Independence Day, there was a message hidden in the signal. Some people tried to break it down but no luck. For some reason only young kids can hear it. When I played it it gave me a head ache.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
These sounds started in I believe 2008. Someone made a map and tracked them. the flight path was interesting.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
I have heard this sound before to and just like the OP, parts of my house were shaking.
But it wasn't normal shaking, it was as if it was shaking without actually moving, an extremely low frequency could do that maybe.
I could hear pieces of whatever is in the walls of this old shack falling apart but it was still feeling like it wasn't actually happening. This is VERY hard to explain, it was like it was moving to me but not actually moving in the real world.

The sound itself sounded like dubstep baselines with no rhythm.
I went outside to check what was going on but the sky was clear. An airplane flew by but the sound was not coming from its direction. I could pinpoint the direction of the sound in the sky but there was clearly nothing there, not an outline, not a blur like when the predator cloaks himself, there was just nothing but bass sound.

This is the first instance of a clear sky while it was happening that i have heard of, yet what you described is right on point. It is truly baffling. To make matters worse, i spoke to 2 coworkers, who were not only awakened by this noise last night, the noise that influenced this post, but one actually says she recorded it, so i will see if i can get that from here asap.

And when i say awakened, i mean it literally, and mentally.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Sensi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

here ya go bro..............

Her user name is : Stealthykat

she posted on 20-12-2011 at 06:52 Titled: A new"Sky Sound" video

She got a lot of responses and a few videos and sound analysis from other members
edit on 10-1-2012 by grubblesnert because: tightin' up

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I did a very small amount of digging and found this...an interesting read for sure...a bit long.

www.scientificexploration.org...

They can't hide this forever....they can try....I hope we hear something about it soon...it's worrisome to me. I wonder sometimes about TPTB using different frequencies on us sheep.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Nice. Thanks guy. I will U2U here asap. I have to log off now, because i am risking my job.. XD but rest assured i will be back later to answer any questions, statements and such.
Peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz
This has always peeked my interest..

Something IS going on.

You can't deny that.

I think his has potential.

Weird days are ahead.

(yup i just went all foreboding 2012 on ya)

I too have had a peculiar interest in this as I have never heard it. At times I have thought I was hearing it, but a quick investigation usually reveals it as a train in the distance or an aircraft that I sometimes can see and track the sound with its movement.

I did however see what I thought was a bright light in the sky the other night. It was late and I was tired and did not feel like getting up to go check it out. I was looking through a screen and a dirty window but it did not seem to be moving per say under its own power but at the distance it could have been outside of the atmosphere as the movements indicated it was moving as if it was in orbit. I tracked it for a few hours as it slowly kept rising in the sky. It seemed to flash lights that would be the same color as aircraft lights with the green and red. I do not know, but something was a little different this time. My thinking at this point is I was seeing a satellite or something and I was seeing the suns reflection off of it.

Has any scientists ever put forth their theories for the sound or have scientists not heard the sounds yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ujustneverknow

For me, the most interesting part of the paper you cited is this on page 574:

Most bizarre perhaps are those persons who hear noises in their surroundings, even in our
electromagnetically screened anechoic chamber, but nevertheless forcefully assert that
somebody or something is creating some new kind of vibrational energy which is
perceptible to them as an audible sound (Cole & Thornton, 1983: 320).

That rules out most of the common explanations and makes this a much more interestig phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Haarp transmits at those very low frequencies, and it also has higher freqs it can transmit.. seems doubtful that haarp could be causing all that ruckus, but who knows...

Also sunspot activity and the condition of the ionosphere could contribute to earth resonating frequencies peaking in certain places... It is thought that a peak time over the USA for disturbances like this is 4pm pacific time or 7 pm eastern time.... it is actually 22 universal time, but using that to convert to the normal times...

Saying all of that above, I still have no idea if what you folks are experiencing is being caused because of natural ionospheric disturbances, or haarp (lol) or witches and gnomes... but it is obvious that something freaky is going on for sure... I mean, no one ever reported this like 5 or 10 years ago to my knowledge.. interesting for sure..

Havent heard anything in western Washington state so far...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm gonna take it a step further by throwing an absolutely ridiculous theory out there..

Okay so when this I heard this sound there was shaking and things moving in the walls but still it felt like it was not happening, like it was a dream.
And everyone that I have spoke to or read about that have heard this sound feels as if they have woken up to something or changed in some way since hearing this sound.

So then, what if this sound has actually altered your reality?
The sound knocked you out and everything that you have experienced since hearing that sound is fake, you are actually in a trance.
Days fly by much faster, some things dont seem real at all, if you pay attention real close you will notice it, you will notice that something doesn't seem right, something is out of place. Track your memory back to when you heard the sound and you will see where things started to change for you.

Dont take this too seriously, I'm just having a little fun with it

And YET... you feel some truth in it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join