It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Those Russian satellites America's leasing that are blasting Ions into the ionosphere to expend it?

Much of the atmosphere has been blown away with the sun throwing her tantrum. The Ionosphere is very very low and they've been using those satellites blasting ions down to heat up and expand the ionosphere at night to protect us.

Can you see the vertical stream of light in various spots in the night sky? Easier to see with night vision. It's the russian satellites. They're over Europe. America, Mexico, and Russia.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Space Coast Florida checking in to confirm same exact sound here all afternoon long Thurs. My sister live 5 miles south of me and I IM'd her and asked if she was hearing the "nonstop jet sound" and she indeed was. It went on for hours. From around noon til about 4.

We're in the flight path from Orlando to Miami, there is also a large air force base close by. I hear jets every day and many military planes and helicopters. We have lots of air shows here as well. I'm very familiar with the different sounds that come from different aircraft. This was different. There was almost a cadence to it as if it was whirling?
But in the same tone the entire time. It really was most annoying.

ETA: It was also overcast. I did at different times during the day see the normal air traffic too.
edit on 9-12-2012 by Cherryontop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Checking in here from northeast Arizona.

I've been hearing two distinctly different sounds.

First there is a high pitched noise that I've been hearing since I've been coming here, which is almost three years. It seems to have something to do with the moon, and the only time I don't hear it is briefly when the moon is circling the other side of the planet.

The other sound is a low rumbling which tickles my eardrums at times. This sound is not constant, but seems to coincide with the rising of Sirius. It's very quiet where I am except for these phenomena.

This is just my opinion and should be taken at face value.

As a side note, the weather here is almost always clear to partly cloudy skies.

edit on 9/12/2012 by htapath because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by waState
reply to post by Sensi

I'm from Washington State near the San Juan islands, and have been hearing this "new" sound on and off for about 2 years. Seemed to stop during a dry sunny spell in summer. Then resumed when autumn clouds rolled in. I've been in this location for 20 years and have never heard this sound before, including the occasional fly-nearbies from the naval base.

Just like what most people post here: Definitely coming from the sky. Like a huge deep jumbo jet idling non-stop off in the distance. Sometimes sound increases to rattle windows, sometimes it's a lighter rumble but still always there -- like non-stop rolling thunder. Day and night.

Seems more so on cloudy days.

At first I thought new naval jets were doing some new practice session and the clouds were just bouncing the sound off. But I called the base and the jets weren't flying during parts of the times I heard it.

Anyone else here in WA hearing this? I've asked one neighbor hard of hearing and he hasn't heard it. I asked another neighbor who is more cushioned with trees and down in a hole, they hear it but not as loud. Another said it was deafening at times.

I thought it was the new growlers instead of the prowlers (air force jets) recently switched to. But since the sound isn't congruent with when they practice, and since other people not near air force/naval stations are also hearing it, I'm very curious.

The constant deep sound is affecting my nervous system. I don't know if it will end or if I have to move. If I move -- sounds like the noise is in lots of other places.

Welcome to ATS!! We are 'neighbors' and yes, I most definately have heard and have been posting bout this for the past two -three years. I just started yet another thread about it. Check out my tag line for my first one from awhile ago. I also have video of it.

My most recent thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by htapath

Rising with sirius? Interesting, check out the dogon tribe of western Mali, they worship the nommo whom they say come from the dog star, sirius....they have an instrument called a bullroarer, which sounds a lot like what we are all describing here....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just posted about this in another thread earlier. I live close to newark airport. We heard that same noise on the 7th of this month. It was around 9:30. My windows were rattling, my son was covering his ears. I went outside to look, and all my neighbors were standing down by the water (Newark bay), looking for a ship, plane, anything to identify the noise. No ships. Planes, but nothing out of the usual. People said that the airport was testing the engines on planes. Ive lived in this town my entire life, and I have NEVER heard a noise like that.. We get tons of noises down here. Port Elizabeth, Newark airport, sirens.. I have never heard anything even close to the power of this noise. It went on for about 10 minutes, then just disappeared about as quick as it came. My dog wouldn't even come outside with me. And she always wants to go run in the front yard. She just stood at the door and looked at me. Not one step out. Whatever it was, I don't want to hear that again.

I dont buy that story about them testing engines. Like I said, I have lived here for almost 30 years. They must have not tested engines in the past 30 years if that is the case. I dont know which is scarier.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I live in Ft Worth TX, and last night both my roommate and I had essentially the same experience.

Three 3 second bursts (very loud rumbles, startling). Then a longer equally loud rumble for over 10 minutes.

We went out to a concert later, so I cannot account for the longer rumblings people are noticing; but I do often hear low rumbles that shake my chimney, chalking it up to living in a big city. I wasn't going to post to this thread until I saw ItsEvolutionBaby's 3 second burst comment...eerie!

My only thought is that living so close to Lockheed Martin, Carswell AFB, Alliance Airport, and hundreds of railways, is that we heard either an airplane engine test at Lockheed, or a nearby railway being drug with brakes on. It was completely overcast, at dusk.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

This is the exact sound I've heard in Romania a couple weeks ago. Lasted for about five minutes then gone. I asked around, but no one else seems to have heard it. Really strange.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

This may have been posted, but I am coming on the thread late. Can you provide the link to the person in Tennessee that heard the noise? I live in TN also, so I'm wondering about the location.

Thanks, and I gave you an S&F on your thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
some describe the 'sound' as a drone, a hum, others say Trumpets....
'i can only relate to the droning sounds that a few fans do t football games with pipes... they create the stadium drone sound ,,,,,bbbbblllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (for endless droning all game long !

i suggest that these large regional drone/trumpet/humming noises are not originated from the physical process of aggitating air molecles..

. the 'sounds' we are witnessing are something that is stimulating our Auditory part of the brain...instead of having a physics based source the sounds are 'induced' into our mind/brain by something(s)

those something(s) are spoken of as the 'War-In-Heaven in Bible verses...

maybe we are hearing the Spiritual world overflow into our reality ?
i say this because perhaps 50% of all the people in a region that reports the sounds actually say they heard it... the other 50% of the people in the same area admit that they heard absolutely Nothing-at-all !

so... the phenomena is a selective thing.,.. that some people hear and another neighbor hears nothing at the same time... therefore i conclude the sounds are not a natural accoustical thing --- it is more likely a MIND thing

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
how strange. i'm in the uk, and a few times in the last couple of weeks i've heard, in the early hours of the night, what sounds very like the planes which regularly fly over, except that it goes on for much longer than those i am used to hearing. and fades, when it does, much quicker. i am completely familiar with the normal sounds of passing aircraft, and i am convinced this is not such a normal sound. i'm not 100% certain it originates from the sky.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Ok this is weird because I am hearing that exact sound right now as I type this. I have heard it before but not this loud. I will see if I can record it with my phone and figure out how to post it on here.

never mind as usual cell phones suck. but I will mention that it is completely overcast right now though and i do live near the airport(about 20 min away) but I can hear the sound over the Jets.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Recently moved to TX from MI. Been living here for almost 3 months now and I have never heard a humming noise like this before, at first I thought it was the sound of a motercyle parked outside till my apartment started vibrating from the noise. Been hearing the humming noise for the past two ish weeks now not continuously of course. The first time I took notice of the humming noise was when my apartment started vibrating then throughout the week been hearing it more and more, sometimes it last for hours to a min to annoying to it not being noticeable at all.I have never heard anything like this before or like this back home. I thought it might be the sound coming from the airport neer by or the dam I don't know just thinking to where it might be coming from.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join