It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If we can map the path of the humming we might get a clear picture. So if we start with a day or night map the earliest time to the latests we will see the path it takes over the US.
Just a thought peeps

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Late night January 8th my husband said a rumbling wave went through our house and shook it for almost a minute. He said he thought it was going to wake me unfotunately I missed it, but the next day January the 9th the whole sky stayed so foggy it looked like early morning all day very wierd. We beleive we have been feeling earthquakes or something we are not sure

Just thought I'd share because some of these posts seem similiar by the way we are in eastern Kentucky

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I read somewhere HAARP makes a bubble in the atmosphere and sometimes punches holes in it, Could this be HAARP punching a hole in the atmosphere and the displacement of air escaping like steam from a kettle into space ?

I don't see it being fracking because then why do EQ's not produce a much more powerful sound?

TBH, i don't know, i'm Just a guessing based on the elements in the sound, and what could produce such a sound

edit on 11-1-2012 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by packro

Thanks for that ....but we went through all that on my thread....I have to say, it may be the case in the very short episodes.....but I personally have heard it for almost an hour. You wouldn't hear a plane for that long. This sound also doen't sound the same. I used to live right next to Belle Chase Naval Air Station, so I know that sound (and sonic booms). Not saying some couldn't be that....just not what I heard. Actually, it was the first thing I thought....but after 15 minutes, and it got louder instead of fading away, I knew it wasn't that. Also, to the people who are saying tunneling....not in Louisiana....the water table is to high (which is why we don't have basements, and build our cemetaries above ground)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Careful, even though entertaining such sarcasm might offend some people on here! LOL! It's surprising how many people believe that crap

It's not sarcasm and regardless the general denying and mocking, many people KNOW that's truth and it's happening for at least 40 decades.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I live a couple of miles from a airport in the uk, I have heard this sound a few tims, it can go on gor a few hours. I have gone outside and walked around trying to hear what direction its coming from, but its either coming from all the growund below me, or all the sky above me. its not a plane, I have those flying infront of the house allday everyday. inside the house it sounds like someone is sat out the front in a car with a big sub going, but outside its coming from everywhere

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well I've these rumbling and very low humming sounds on and off for the past few years and last night was the longest episode of it to date.... 5 hours. Started around midnight and ended at about five-ish this morning, it kept me in a light sleep state all night. My sleep patern has been screwed since the weekend so it didn't help matters much unless your goal was to have as many dreams as possible in one night

p.s edit Swansea UK for those that are tracking these noises.
edit on 11-1-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
My head hurts......

I like the rumble in the background of this vid:

Just for fun:

edit on 11-1-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
S&F, OP! I just got done reading everything in your post. No time to listen to the videos now, but after your description of the noise (and several others) I do believe we may have a match, but on different dates. I recorded what I heard on Jan 06, 2012...which was several days after my SO was commenting about feeling and hearing very low rumbling noise and vibrations. He asked me several times if I'd experienced it (day and night) and no, I hadn't. He chalked it up to "maybe being a little crazy." Well, after he went to bed late on the 5th, I began to hear and feel strange rumbling noises. At first I thought it may have been a sub woofer thumping several blocks away. But it continued. I was getting concerned that maybe we were getting some low level earthquakes again. Central OK here, and just a bit paranoid after a few major quakes in recent months. I recorded what I heard....and it's nothing like I've ever heard before!

So after at least 2-hours of this annoying noise/vibration from above, I decided to see if I could see and record anything. I opened up my backdoor and recorded the noise for over 4-minutes. It was pitch black outside and could only see a plane or satellite flash, a time or 2. I expected to see something other than total darkness due to the moon phase. The overhead noise had a SW direction to it. Interestingly, at about midpoint of listening while recording, I thought I briefly heard a distant, indistinguishable voice. About 2:36 in the video. I thought perhaps it was coming from a megaphone several blocks to my south. It didn't emanate from the sky noise. It was more like from underground.

Anyway, about a minute after I stopped recording (it was pretty chilly with the door open!) the noise abruptly stopped. Like someone flipped a switch. But after about 2-minutes the noise resumed, along with the vibrations. I was totally freaked by then and decided I'd hit the sack. Needless to say, getting to sleep proved a bit difficult.

It's reassuring to know we are NOT "crazy".......here's my recording of what I heard. I'll definitely be following up on this and related threads!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

I must concur with your description of the sound very acurate.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toots
S&F, OP! I just got done reading everything in your post. No time to listen to the videos now, but after your description of the noise (and several others) I do believe we may have a match, but on different dates. I recorded what I heard on Jan 06, 2012...which was several days after my SO was commenting about feeling and hearing very low rumbling noise and vibrations. He asked me several times if I'd experienced it (day and night) and no, I hadn't. He chalked it up to "maybe being a little crazy." Well, after he went to bed late on the 5th, I began to hear and feel strange rumbling noises. At first I thought it may have been a sub woofer thumping several blocks away. But it continued. I was getting concerned that maybe we were getting some low level earthquakes again. Central OK here, and just a bit paranoid after a few major quakes in recent months. I recorded what I heard....and it's nothing like I've ever heard before!

So after at least 2-hours of this annoying noise/vibration from above, I decided to see if I could see and record anything. I opened up my backdoor and recorded the noise for over 4-minutes. It was pitch black outside and could only see a plane or satellite flash, a time or 2. I expected to see something other than total darkness due to the moon phase. The overhead noise had a SW direction to it. Interestingly, at about midpoint of listening while recording, I thought I briefly heard a distant, indistinguishable voice. About 2:36 in the video. I thought perhaps it was coming from a megaphone several blocks to my south. It didn't emanate from the sky noise. It was more like from underground.

Anyway, about a minute after I stopped recording (it was pretty chilly with the door open!) the noise abruptly stopped. Like someone flipped a switch. But after about 2-minutes the noise resumed, along with the vibrations. I was totally freaked by then and decided I'd hit the sack. Needless to say, getting to sleep proved a bit difficult.

It's reassuring to know we are NOT "crazy".......here's my recording of what I heard. I'll definitely be following up on this and related threads!

Your video url is malformed

try that

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by indisputable
If we can map the path of the humming we might get a clear picture. So if we start with a day or night map the earliest time to the latests we will see the path it takes over the US.
Just a thought peeps

TBH

i think you should be looking at higher & lower level air temps & radar (weather) to see if there are any anomalies there at the same time tracking the locations, id certainly say this wasn't man made it would require so much energy/power to kick out a sound that large & wide that wide spread, the fact its wide spread means its very high up and in tern that would make it an extremely powerful signal /source, especially to be creating sub freqs that strong ground level to the camera/mic,

its on par with a thunder storm rumble, but constants with other elements in the sound, and we all know how much energy is in a thunder storm,

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
But,according to my buddy at work,whose son is in the business,they are dropping explosives down there.
I asked him several times about that and he was firm on his answer.

Folks,we are being lied to many times over.

Ok, really....have you ever heard of any kind of extensive mining/underground resource extraction procedure that doesn't use explosives?
Oh wait, there is one....drilling for oil in the normal manner...but of course that's bad for the environment, so we banned it.

So yes, fracking is the new gold rush, because it is an oil-extraction method that is too new to be bound and gagged by red tape. And it allows for economically sustainable extraction of known oil reserves from shale and other porous minerals--reserves that were considered unusable until the fracking technique came along--and as such those reserves are also, as of yet, unbound and un-gagged by red tape. So for a short while, everyone is scrambling to fill a couple barrels while they can, to sell to the city power companies so people will be able to charge their Prius cars.

Not that I'm saying there aren't any downsides or side effects to fracking...it is entirely possible that it is an extremely dangerous practice for any number of reasons. Then again, there are always risks when you remove mass amounts of heavy, pressurized fluid from beneath the earth. Sometimes, that crude oil is the only thing supporting the ground above it (it is a hydraulic fluid, after all), and pumping it out so we can have gas to take the kids to school and power for our computers so we can complain about fracking on ATS can sometimes result in sinkholes and surface-level drops called subsidence. The two most well-known and studied cases of subsidence in the U.S. are in Houston, TX and Long Beach, CA:

Two oil fields have been particularly well studied: the Goose Creek oil field in Texas, and the Wilmington oil field in Long Beach Harbor, California. Each is close to sealevel, so that the subsidence became obvious very quickly. Subsidence in the Wilmington oil field caused a great deal of damage because it was in the center of a busy port and industrial area, and it can be used to demonstrate the problem most effectively. In the greater Houston area, subsidence was first noticed over the Goose Creek oil field, but by now the area is having far greater problems with groundwater pumping than it ever did with oil extraction.

The Wilmington anticline is a broad gentle structure about 5 km wide but 18 km long, running through the harbor of Long Beach, California. Oil was discovered in the area in 1932, and extensive pumping began in the late 1930s. By 1942 there were 1000 producing wells in the Wilmington field. Because the Wilmington field stands only a few feet above sea level, and is centered right in a major international harbor, subsidence was noticed by the summer of 1941.It was not clear at first whether the subsidence was related to oil extraction, or to the numerous water wells that supplied the city. Reports in 1947 and 1949 specifically related the subsidence to underground fluid extraction, however, with the oil extraction fingered as the most likely agent. Oil production was still increasing at that time, and continued to do so until 1951: and pumping stayed at high levels for years. The harbor area was particularly affected. It stood originally 5­10 feet above sealevel. By 1958, ground level had dropped by 27 feet in the center of the field, and about 25 square miles of ground had dropped 2 feet or more. In other words, a large area of heavily industrialized city had sunk appreciably, in places far below sea level, and in the process major industrial and port facilities were damaged, and the subsidence had required the construction of protective levees and breakwaters. The bill was at least $100 million.

So yeah, weird stuff happens when you pull stuff out of the ground, whether it's oil, water, coal, gold, tin, or whatever. The history of mining and prospecting and well-digging and oil-drilling and quarrying is full of strange occurrences and odd tales and crazy legends and terrible disasters. Any one of you who has been hearing these rumbling noises may very well vanish at any moment, along with your house and your entire neighborhood, into an Evil Hellpit of Haliburton. I live in Texas too, so I might see you down there. I'll bring an extra headlamp and my Jules Verne collection, and we'll have a head-start on everyone in finding Agartha.

I'm sure the guys with the red tape will show up very soon to put a stop to all this domestic production, bustling industrial activity, and people getting jobs in the oil-field nonsense. But in the meantime, I find the higher economic activity and the lower gas prices refreshing, so go easy on those frackers, ok?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
OP i dont know where you are at here in Louisiana but im in the Hammond area and work nights. we didnt hear anyhting here at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by packro
It's aircraft maintenance....

If you've ever stood anywhere near a plane doing a high-power engine run you'll notice that it does not sound like it does when they are moving.

This seems like a plausible explanation until one recalls that in many cases of these "noises" the authorities have received hundreds of 911 calls, and the local press investigates and reports in local newspapers and TV, and no one ever seems to produce a definite cause. Sometimes they say ducting or some other weather phenom, an unsatisfactory answer as ducting or rolling thunder may go on for minutes, but not hours and hours...but I don't recall "aircraft maintenance" ever being one of the "official" answers, which seems like a waste of a good answer on the officials part. However, aircraft maintenance, especially the kind you are talking about, is logged in triplicate and can be easily checked by a journalist, and every public figure knows better than to speak a lie that can be easily checked...which may explain the reason why I see that answer so often, but never as an official answer.

And seriously...aircraft engine maintenance, in the middle of the night, for hours and hours and hours, in a populated area? I don't think so. That kind of seriously involved testing is not performed at public airports. Aircraft engine manufacturers have special facilities for that stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
well after reading this thread Id like to call for anyone who had self made videos or video files (or perhaps If you wanna save me some time, just an audio file?) to upload them to mediafire so I can run harmonic spectral analysis on the audio. (in other words, find out what frequencies are in the audio and the DB levels in relative terms) obviously the widest and longest band of color would be the target frequency.. I may even be able to isolate that frequency specifically.
This would no doubt in my mind this will shed some amount of light...on a noise. lol, ironic? I think so.

I can tell you this, It cannot possibly be an infrasonic frequency (for those who know what that is and may have thought it as a theory) for 1) Infrasonic frequencies are ofc able to be picked up by the human ear, however the brain is never given a realization that they're there (unless at moderately high DB levels, in which you would feel a vibration or pounding feeling in your chest as opposed to 'hearing' it.(however id like to note that the vibrating or pounding feeling that you can feel within your body occurs at around 120-140dbs, however this is only in the case that the frequency(s) can be processed/interpreted by the brain. If it were to be an infrasonic sound the db level can be much much lower.)

Secondly is this; (most) Camera's cannot record infrasonic frequencies, and Speaker systems in TVs and computers cannot play back the infrasound component. (most speakers have a much narrower dynamic range output than a humans' dynamic hearing range) and even if it did, you wouldn't hear it. Lets say this is indeed an infrasonic sound (even though my deduction is logical and sound), then only a harmonic spectral analysis would reveal that. the reason I say harmonic is because unlike magnitude(amplitude) spectral analysis, harmonic spectral analysis can estimate the specific frequencies within the audio waveform.

So please, contriboot some sound or video files with the sound.. I'll give you what I can.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Well I had videos of the sound 2of three videos she heard the message which is repeated.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'd like to point out that if this were to be done, it would most likely only work if the 3-10 year old listened to the sound in person. Because the high frequency subliminal message or whatever is supposed to be in there definitely wouldn't be transfered to a video.

I remember this ringtone that was a high pitched ring, like a mosquito or something, and I tried to record it on my phone to make it a ringtone, but it didn't work and the quality sucked. So basically, you can't transfer the audio perfectly, it has to be done in person.

Well I had videos of the sound 2of three videos she heard the message which is repeated.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaleiz

I'll do it! I'll let you know when they are uploaded.
ETA....ugggh I think I deleted after uploading to youtube....I'll check....if I don't have them, I'll try to catch it again, as we still hear it off and on today. Be right back....checking to see if I still have them on my video list.
edit on 1/11/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

It's a crazy world we live in, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, any theory can be expanded upon, after all we are all here to learn and possibly get some truth. Your theory is no worse than mine...cloaked aerial vehicles.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join