It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well, this is my first thread on ATS, so i hope it does well..

Anyways, as of late, (this last night, beginning around 3 A.M.) I began hearing an odd rumbling sound, similar to a jet engine idling, or prolonged thunder directly overhead while outside smoking a cigarette. I listened for about 10 minutes, but had had a long night, and chalked it up to being extremely tired. So i step inside and naturally, i hopped onto ATS to see if anyone had posted about it. To my dismay, i found a brand new thread from someone in Tennessee, hearing the exact same noise. We discussed it briefly, and at around 4:00 i stepped outside to smoke again, and sure enough the noise was still going. A low pitched rumble coming from the sky as it seemed. Tired and worried I went to sleep. I was then awoken suddenly around 6:00 A.M. to my dog barking loudly, which is very unusual, because she is a well trained German Shepherd who only barks at intruders, and when told to speak.. So i get up, and go to make some tea to prepare for the day when i realize my chimney was shaking! upon stepping outside the noise was still going, 3 hours later. Here is where it gets weird, in the slightly raised light i could see that the sky was not visible at all over the clouds. Basically overcast from W to E.. So i got on ATS to post on the previously mentioned thread(will provide link if asked) and two other members confirmed that while the rumbling happened, none of us could see the sky. I looked through some videos of the rumbling, and found they all showed the exact same, a completely overcast sky. So i ask you brothers, have any of you also heard this rumbling, and if so did you take note of the sky?
edit on 10-1-2012 by Sensi because: spelling check. :3

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Where do you live?

EDIT: Well, somewhere in Louisiana, it seems...
edit on 10-1-2012 by GLontra because: Louisiana

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
A phenomenon that can be felt from Tennessee until Louisiana at the same night is really such a huge phenomenon!

I'm starting to feel really interested about this!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Yeah, not to be too descriptive, but Mid-southern Louisiana. It was just a startling thing to find out about in one night. I have searched for a plausible cause, but cannot really find one.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Welcome to the world of the sky sounds... just curious, as there are many threads on it - was it this one?
New Sky Sounds Video, ATS Page 1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And did it sound like this at all?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Same night, and it began at just about the exact same time. (the other topic opened right when i began to hear it..)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sensi
reply to post by GLontra

Same night, and it began at just about the exact same time. (the other topic opened right when i began to hear it..)

This is what is making me feel curious...

If the rumblings were in different nights in each location, I probably wouldn't be interested.

But the fact that it was felt for so long time in two different places, so distant one from another, exactly at the same time, is what is making me feel curious...

edit on 10-1-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
There have been a lot of people around the world hearing the same things you have experienced, in fact as I think back the last couple of years I have experienced similar sounds as well. Now in this day and age anything is possible, and what I am about to say may be a little out there but, what if the technology of cloaking is in fact possible, these rumblings everyone are hearing may in fact be TPTB preparing for project bluebeam? I know, sounds a little crazy, but if mans technology is in fact 30-40 years ahead of what we are actually being told, would this scenario answer some of these rumblings?
S&F for ya

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Sensi, have you checked if anyone else who lives next to you has also felt the rumbling or heard the sound?

Just to make sure that you are not getting crazy, and hearing sounds on your head!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It kind of reminds me of a jet at mid altitude rumbling by. I've never heard this exact noise you describe. I do also live by an airport so I imagine that makes it difficult for me too as I am underneath air travel at lower altitudes all the time. That is not however an attempt to 'debunk' this phenomenon...I have no clue what it is and I really hope to hear it myself. The first thing I thought of was giant mother ship.
How sweet would that be? Alas, I do realize how improbable that is.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
These sky sounds sound like the audio of a video from an older thread here, where the guy, an ATS member, heard the sound and went driving to find that it was a natural gas plant venting it's pipes. It was really dramatic with flame shooting into the sky. I've looked briefly for the thread, but I'm in a hurry and it will have to wait for later.

If anyone has this thread, please post the video that the ATS member took.

I'm not saying that's what is causing these particular sounds, but it would be worth it to map the natural gas facilities in the immediate areas where these sounds are being heard.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Where is Sensi, the OP?

No more details to give?

We are curious...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Truly.
The nature of this post was to discuss the noise first and foremost, but also the strange amount of cloud coverage seemingly prevalent in most situations involving this noise. It made me think of 2 things, HAARP first, then Op Blue Beam second, because in my opinion, the odd amounts of clouds could and probably would be involved in both. It is still early, but i am about to go speak to my neighbor now, and some colleagues later today to see if anyone else has heard it around me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

sorry guys, i am slacking in the replies, getting ready for the day. give me about 30 minutes and i will type up a good report and find a sound file like what, nearly 5 hours later and i can still hear. and my girlfriend has confirmed there is a very strange, deep sound coming from above the clouds seemingly.. though now that daylight has risen, i have noticed it beginning to lessen.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Sensi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sensi
reply to post by philosearcher

Truly.
The nature of this post was to discuss the noise first and foremost, but also the strange amount of cloud coverage seemingly prevalent in most situations involving this noise. It made me think of 2 things, HAARP first, then Op Blue Beam second, because in my opinion, the odd amounts of clouds could and probably would be involved in both. It is still early, but i am about to go speak to my neighbor now, and some colleagues later today to see if anyone else has heard it around me.

Before we start to think about explanations to the phenomenon, we first need confirmation that it really happened.

Has anyone else who lives near you felt any rumbling?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have also been a person who has heard the rumbling sounds as well. I am in Virginia. I did not hear what you described but I wasn't awake at the time either.
The sound is like a constant rumble, just going and going and going. I hear it anytime of the day or night. It is kind of weird. I have video recorded it a few times, but I don't think my camera's mic is really good enough to capture it. I hear the sound on clear days, or cloudy, doesn't matter.

My theory on it; it's energy pulses. The earth itself has a pulse and it's getting stronger because we are about to shift poles. Sounds nutty but it's just a theory.

Also, sound resonates off of the clouds, and can do so for miles. So it could be a factory of something rumbling and the clouds are carrying the sound. That doesn't account for two people hearing it in different states, however it is something to think about.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Still waiting for confirmation from someone else in Louisiana...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ok. So beginning around 3 A.M. i noticed a strange, rumbling for lack of a better way to describe it. Similar to the sound of a large diesel truck idling next to me, but very distant. It was almost something you could feel in your chest, like heavy bass from a sub woofer. I smoke about every hour so i will write about what i noticed when i went out.
4:00; The sound is still very noticeable. It was very dark, no one was driving, and the city was still asleep, so i could hear it very well still.
5:00; I fell asleep, pondering the source of this sound.
6:00; I wake up to my dog going haywire, which is rare. I walk out of the bed room and hear a strange rattling inside my house now, which i did not hear last night. I realize, that my chimney is vibrating, and the metal at the base was shaking violently.. I step outside, with a couple of cars driving around so the noise seemed quieter, but more bass heavy. As in I could actually FEEL it now when touching windows and walls of my house.
7:00; I step out to smoke with my girl, and she asks me if i hear something.. Mind you i had not mentioned anything at all to her. I asked her to describe it to me, and she said "It sounds like a tractor running, but somewhere in the sky." The sun was beginning to rise and i noticed heavy cloud coverage, even though today was forecasted to be sunny..
8:00; It is now 8. 5 hours later, the noise is still present, but much less so than it was earlier. Maybe due to the noise of the city waking up, cars and such. I have a 30 minute drive to work, and need to make it in 17 so i am afraid i will have to cut this post short, but will keep you all up to date. i would love to hear any opinions/theories on this, and will have news as to other people around the city heard it later tonight.

Here is the closest sound i could find to what we are hearing, given this is from space, but this is what it sounds like..
www.youtube.com...
Peace&Love, hope to have some replies when i get home.

PS sorry for spelling errors, in a serious rush atm..
edit on 10-1-2012 by Sensi because: spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I live in N Ireland, and I anyone I've discussed it with has heard strange rumbling noises they can't explain as well.

It really is a puzzle.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Okay I have to post. I live in east central Texas between Austin and Waco. I went to bed last night around 10:30 and for hours, and I do mean hours, I heard what I can only describe as a low frequency (but loud) hum. Sometimes it was continuous and sometimes it pulsated slow or fast and when it would pulsate it would get really loud. I never felt any shaking, but it made me extremely nauseated.

Now, I have to admit, I have an ear infection in both my ears, but my 15 year old son heard it also for hours last night and came in the room 3 different times during the night complaining about his ears hurting really bad, and hearing a really loud "sub woofer" and he begged for medicine.

It could be the ear infection messing with me, but that wouldn't explain my son's experience. I have had ear infection my whole life, but never have I heard anything like this.

A little more information to go along with the story. I exhausted every possibility. I turned off the bedroom fan to see if that was the culprit and it wasn't. I checked to make sure the heater wasn't on. It wasn't. It was nasty here in all of Texas yesterday. It rained in my area pretty much all day. My dog, who knows she isn't allowed anywhere but the kitchen, was restless last night and kept coming into my room and trying to hide under my desk and when I would make her leave she would walk through the house and whine. Again, there was NO shaking. It was not coming from inside the house and I could hear it best outside of my bedroom window. My son said he thought it was outside as well.

We live about 25 miles from Fort Hood, but we are out in the country and do not live near any training ranges and the closest to anything that might give us this kind of sound is the airport (25-30 mlies away) or a train, but it only runs once in the morning about 9 and then again about 1pm. My only other explaination would be maybe the cell tower about 5 miles away giving off some sort of humming frequency or maybe someone's transitor.

Like I said, it could just be my ears, but I have never had this happen before and it kept my son up and I had to give him meds to help ease the pain it was causing his ears. We only slept about 3 hours last night. I wasn't going to share, but just felt I needed to for some reason.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join