It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Ready to Strike to Stop Nuclear Iran, Former Adviser Says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Obama Ready to Strike to Stop Nuclear Iran, Former Adviser Says

www.businessweek.com

No one should doubt that President Barack Obama is prepared to use military force to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon if sanctions and diplomacy fail, the president’s former special assistant on Iran said.

Obama has “made it very clear” that he regards a nuclear- armed Iran as so great a threat to international security that “the Iranians should never think that there’s a reluctance to use the force” to stop them

“There are consequences if you act militarily, and there’s big consequences if you don’t act,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well, acording to this guy, who is the former assistant to Obama, a military strike on Iran is highly plausable.

He states:
"The administration considers the risks of permitting a nuclear-armed Iran to be greater than the risks of military action."

So things are heating up dramatically within a short span of time. It appears that these tensions are just going to continue.

This is getting intense! What is ATS view on this matter?

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think Obama would like to take action against Iran, but is unable due to the fact that the US budget needs a cash injection to stop itself from going under.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DoD is gonna have one helluva yard sale sometime soon.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Conflict will do Obama's re election PR work for him , this is what he has over all the contenders , they are not commander in chief , he will use it to suck up the sheeple votes, UNLESS the top of the pyramid have no use for him anymore.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I think this is just more propaganda to be honest, he is no longer inside the circle so can hardly speak for what they are thinking now.

Some info about that man
His Jewish mother and Catholic stepfather raised him in a non-religious atmosphere.[2] Ross graduated from University of California, Los Angeles in 1970 and did graduate work there, writing his doctoral dissertation on Soviet decision-making.[3] He later became religiously Jewish after the Six Day War.[2] In 2002 he co-founded the Kol Shalom synagogue in Rockville, Maryland.[2]

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

What is ATS view on this matter?

Pure insanity IMO. The inspectors found no indications of any material diverted for clandestine weapons production. Iran has only just now begun enriching uranium to medium grade levels, which is useless for weapons, nuclear weapons require around 95-98% enriched uranium to be viable.

What an attack on Iran would actually mean, is an end to the posturing between the US and Israel and Russia and China. Iran can, and will, close the gulf down for shipping, you think your gas is costly now, just wait until you have to dip into the national reserves to keep the military going.

Beyond that, by pushing Iran into a corner, you are forcing their hand. The US and Israel have been making threats for some time now. What does a cornered animal do? It attacks.

Even if Iran was developing a nuclear weapon, they have ZERO incentive to use it. But, as is evidenced by the countries in the region NOT invaded by the US, having a nuclear weapon is a deterrent against aggression.

If Iran used a nuclear weapon, on anyone, their country would be fused into green glass fairly quickly. Using that weapon would spell their certain demise, and regardless of what the media has taught you, the Iranians are anything but stupid.

Until Israel signs the NPT and opens their sites up for international inspection, I think they should just shut up about Iran until it actually poses a threat.

the fact is, if the Iranians were as bloodthirsty and irrational as some would have you believe, they would have already attack Israel, and lost.

And no, I don't really care if Iran is funding "terrorist groups" in the region, Israel and the US are doing the SAME THING, spying, bombing, assassinating, so no, i don't take that into consideration at all.

edit on 10-1-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This psychopath obama needs to shut the f up and sit the f down before he gets us all into the deepest s we have ever been in.

Who does he think he is?
edit on 10-1-2012 by Garfee because: crajee spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

This psychopath obama needs to shut the f up and sit the f down before he gets us all into the deepest s we have ever been in.

Exactly. Couldn't finish Iraq, still haven't finished Afghanistan, but he's willing to take on highly trained Iranians, and by extension, the Russians and the Chinese? I really doubt he's that insane or thick headed, but then again, we might be going on more information than is supplied to him by his "handlers".

Anyone really wishing for an attack on Iran, feel free to look up your local recruiting station where they will give you a rifle and point you in the right direction.

Those beating the drums for war, IMO, should be the first line of infantry in the invasion.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by daas kapital

there is an election going on and obama doesn't want to be out warmonged by the republicans going for the religious groups who have never seen a war they didn't like.

the cold war ended 20 years ago and we are still in guantanamo due to florida politics.

supporting the hawks in israel against iran plays well with the american religious fanatics.

it's foreign policy based on catering to the most stupid base of american voters.

and the military/industrial complex see their fat budget threatened, any military action to keep their fat cash cow going.

imo, the consequences will be devastating to the western economy, but the criminals in the financial sector will appreciate anything that will keep them off the front page.

it's probably humanly impossible to be cynical enough to see all the scoundrels involved in this historical disaster.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
this isnt going away anytime soon and ive had enough of the obama deception....

so if you cant beat em ,join em

this time im rooting for anyone but usa. hope china and russian teach amerika a lesson they will never forget.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Remember though. If a potential war were to happen, Australia will be a target, as will Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Israel and countless other nations. It won't just ne the US mate, i guarantee you.
edit on 10-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Of course it's about the Iranian president outing US about 911 in the UN.That's all going on the record.
They have to clam him up even if it means the deaths of thousands of innocent people. But there's also the oil the need for which is as great as ever a junky needed his heroin.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It doesn't help that america gave Iran that drone which could easily be used to carry a nuclear missile stealthily undetected into Israel.When push comes to shove Russia and china will back down and Iran will be invaded.no country is going to risk nuclear war over another country.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
...and here we go. Another step closer to the US starting and fighting a war for Israel.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
they would if they want to 'see' how another country will respond.

So for arguments sake lets use Iran as an example.
China will back Iran, so Iran has the balls to go up against the USA.

The USA nukes Iran and the country is either non-existent or useless to anyone.
So what has China learnt ?

How the USA responded and what was needed to make the USA respond.
China wouldn't be too bothered if Iran didn't exist as long as they would have lerant the logistics of what the USA had done leading up to nukes going off.

bottom line, know how your opponents are going to play before you play them !

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Right. The other thing we need to consider is this could be a distraction. While we have our attention on the fighting in iran, what is king obamas other hand doing while were distracted?
Seems pretty odd that now it's close to election time now obama wants to grow a backbone and stand up to iran? I'm not buying it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
I think Obama would like to take action against Iran, but is unable due to the fact that the US budget needs a cash injection to stop itself from going under.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DoD is gonna have one helluva yard sale sometime soon.

Very true...They are cutting back on defense spending by reducing the size of the military. Of course this does not mean that we will engage in fewer wars; this just means that there have been many advances in technology to replace the human soldier (robots, drones, etc...)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
they would if they want to 'see' how another country will respond.

So for arguments sake lets use Iran as an example.
China will back Iran, so Iran has the balls to go up against the USA.

The USA nukes Iran and the country is either non-existent or useless to anyone.
So what has China learnt ?

How the USA responded and what was needed to make the USA respond.
China wouldn't be too bothered if Iran didn't exist as long as they would have lerant the logistics of what the USA had done leading up to nukes going off.

bottom line, know how your opponents are going to play before you play them !

iran is the number 2 oil producer in the world and china gets quite a bit of it from them so no, i would say iran is very important to china. what we have here is a stand with russia and china backing iran for many reasons beneficial to their respective positions. i feel they will take it to the end if need be because if they loose their strategic position with iran, they have lost.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent

It doesn't help that america gave Iran that drone which could easily be used to carry a nuclear missile stealthily undetected into Israel.

Has no-one considered that this could be the reason that the drone was so "easily acquired" with no signs of damage indicating that it was shot down? Perhaps Obama and his cronies want Iran to smite a certain country? Israel seem to be dictating what the US' actions are, maybe Obama is sick of it? Then again, i'm not up on war strategies lately, I never know what one country's motives are

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i wouldnt go as far as joining them, but its definitaly pushing bounderies,

when you sit back and look at the whole picture america have pretty much declared war on every kind of threat possible, they have already taken out saddam,gaddafi,bin laden, these are key figures in terror and supporting the funds and groups, all other political leaders that pose threat or are acting like pirates.

this sort of thing doesnt happen like a domino its planned and low and behold the president do the walking and talking is black, i think this is to much to be a coincidence imagine a white Bush like president filtering through country after country, sanction after sanction? what would happen?..... racism would be a vastly huger problem all over the globe, religon would be even more important and a key role played in distruction even more than it already is.

the 1 thing every administration wants to avoid.

point it the western community have waited for a long time to disturb and try to win over the general public of the middle east ect, this the first step to achieving it believe it or not, if all goes well 80/100 years from now we could all hopefully be living a more equal civilisation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join