It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An insane theory, which just might be true

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
eqi.org...

I wrote a post on this topic in a thread in the RATS forum, but decided to give it its' own thread here, because I wanted to see what other people's perspectives on this was.

What if the reason why UFOs were coming here, was primarily because extraterrestrials simply want validation...or more specifically, acknowledgement of their existence? It sounds insane at first, but the more I've watched Billy Meier in particular, and some of the other contactees, the more I've started thinking that their might be something in it.

I've honestly started to think, that the only thing aliens want, is for us to acknowledge the fact that they exist. If you watch some of the stuff about Billy Meier and the other contactees, you'll notice that in addition to the philosophy, the main thing it usually consists of, is flying saucers posing for cameras, and moving up and down in front of them.

To me, that is strongly reminiscent of the idea of someone standing in front of another person who can't see and hear them, and waving their arms and yelling, trying to get the oblivious person to notice them. To me, the crop circles validate this as well. I think the only thing that ETs really want at the moment is just to be noticed.

I'm not sure why that is; it could be because they want to warn us about the environment or whatever; but the motive at this point isn't really so important. To me, the main thing is the overwhelming vibe I'm getting of, "We're here, and we're trying really hard just to get you to acknowledge the fact that we're here! Please notice us!"

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The theory doesn't make any sense, if they really wanted to get noticed they would do so far more convincingly.

Also, Billy Meier is a proven fraud.
edit on 10-1-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

If they wanted us to acknowledge them they would do so

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
What if the reason why UFOs were coming here, was primarily because extraterrestrials simply want validation...or more specifically, acknowledgement of their existence? ...

So, Aliens are like Flag&Star whores?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

I don't think the pictures Billey Meier took have yet been discredited, keep in mind they are like 40 years old and he only has one arm. People are willing to credit him with mastery in 30 professions but are unwilling to believe that perhaps some of his stories could have actually happened. I think there is some truth to his story, but he is also exploiting the gullibility of the masses to make some money. Things tend to not be black and white.

If you have evidence that questions the eligibility of the pictures he took, please provide it because I have yet to come upon any.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If they wanted to be noticed why not fly\hover over cities covered in neon lights with a massive horn blaring whilst waving to us out of a port hole shouting HELLO?

personally i beleive we are not alone in the universe but are yet to be visited by anything from another world

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The so called aliens are not extraterrestrial, they are NWO elite or there creations from the future or present, thats why there will never be disclosure. Thats why they are secretive.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

so why are they not on the white house lawn ? any attention seeking alien should figure it out

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Makes aliens kinda like god. If no one cares, do they exist?

You know, without blind belief, god has no an supreme power, and therefore without supreme power, he isn't god.

Aliens, if they must exist, exist without our fundamental belief system accepting them. No more than the sea anemone does.

Now otoh, those fluffy bunnies on the moon, without proof, who light fires in craters and manufacture rock shaped living apartments, but as of yet are invisible to the human eye, even with IR lenses attached to our retina, DO exist... believe it or not!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Sorry but I don't buy this.
If aliens wanted to give conclusive evidence that they exist...they surely could do a much better job.At least for now they dont seem to want it.
Perhaps they are here and have been for a long time. Secrets arent a good sign if thats the case..doesnt make for a trusting relationship

edit on 10-1-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well, if the theories of previous ET visits to this planet are true and they did indeed genetically change our make-up then we are in big trouble. According to the Sumerian tablets of creation the ET's were not too impressed with us and determined that we were to be destroyed and left us for dead. We survived. If and when they return and look at what we have done to this planet I don't think for a minute they will too pleased at what they see and will make a good job of our destruction this time once and for all.
We have treated this planet like it belonged to somebody else for long enough and we will pay the ultimate price. We are a mean, ungrateful, greedy species that only thinks of our own gratification to the detriment of all other living things.
That's my theory anyway.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Why would aliens travel a great distance just to inflate their ego's with blinking lights?
Doesn't make good sense to me.

Billy Meier is a fraud and the hoax bin at ATS uses his picture for it. Here is an article on his fake aliens.

forgetomori.com...

And his fake saucer.

forgetomori.com...

also a quick google of Billy Meier hoax brings up a Youtube of his ex-wife talking about his scams among countless other frauds.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Whatever the ET situation is, it does look complex, messy and out of this world when getting into the details of it. With the internet there is a lot of information around and there is an effort by some to expand the public knowledge on this issue. There is also an effort by others to cloud the issue and reduce public interest in these topics.

The 1942 Battle for LA is just one example of what can happen when visitors drop in uninvited. The Chilbolton Arecibo crop circle claudescommentary.com... is a good example of trying to establish communication and public recognition of an ET presence in connection with Earth. With Murdoch and the other media moguls submitting to government and military policy, there are not a lot of other channels open to inform the public. The internet has helped a lot, but is also under threat as censorship regulation and resources continues to grow.

When looking at the diversity of life just on this planet I do expect this diversity to expand in alterations the further we look away. While at the moment the power is with those who want to keep this quite, there is also a growing trend to find answers to many unusual events. Deception and its many techniques does appear to be an important survival tool that we need to recognise if we are to have any chance in outer space. If humanity cannot even see past the obvious lies then we will have little chance with the subtle ones.
edit on 10-1-2012 by kwakakev because: added last paragraph.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

What if the reason why UFOs were coming here, was primarily because extraterrestrials simply want validation.

If that's the case why don't they make themselves more visible instead of playing hide and seek .

or more specifically, acknowledgement of their existence?

Why ...are they not sure of their own existence

I've watched Billy Meier in particular, and some of the other contactees, the more I've started thinking that their might be something in it.

Stop watching Billy Meier , its not good for you .

I think the only thing that ETs really want at the moment is just to be noticed.

They have been

"We're here, and we're trying really hard just to get you to acknowledge the fact that we're here! Please notice us!"

Wouldn't it be easy enough fot them to park a big old mother ship in orbit for anyone with a telescope to see ?
or maybe just do the obvious , hover a ship a few meters above a crowded place for a few minutes , or hijack our primitive broadcast system to say Hi ....we mean you no harm .

Its a nice thought but I'm afraid it just doesn't hold water

edit on 10-1-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
What if the reason why UFOs were coming here
Here's an even more insane theory:

What if UFOs aren't even aliens?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

There are many good theories/models proposed by individuals or groups of scientific minds from various fields on "How(& Why) does an ET civilization make contact". I assure you, you will mostly get incomplete, contradictory & vague reflections from the members of various online forums. Because most of us, are not experts in any fields nor has the capacity to pass judgements on such a complex topic. The best, productive thing we can do is to discuss & debate on the models proposed by best scientific minds. If anyone of us has a better model, you are most welcome to propose.

Out of all models, i personally like 'Leaky Embargo Hypothesis' which best explains all the sighitings, evidence, & controversies in the field of Ufology.

Some of the other models include:
-----------------------------------------------
Mediated Paradigm Shift - Jill Tarter
Prime Directive - Star Trek, 1967
The Zoo Scenario - John Ball, 1973
The Galactic Club - Ronald Bracewell, 1975
Codex Galactica - William I. Newman and  Carl Sagan, 1981
The Great Silence - David Brin, 1983
The Interdict Scenario - Martyn Fogg, 1987

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I don't think the pictures Billey Meier took have yet been discredited, keep in mind they are like 40 years old and he only has one arm. People are willing to credit him with mastery in 30 professions but are unwilling to believe that perhaps some of his stories could have actually happened. I think there is some truth to his story, but he is also exploiting the gullibility of the masses to make some money. Things tend to not be black and white.

With Billy they are. He's been PROVEN a fraud on at least TWO separate occasions, and the evidence is there for many more such instances.

If you have evidence that questions the eligibility of the pictures he took, please provide it because I have yet to come upon any.

Then you haven't ever looked. It's all over ATS. Here are the two examples I can cite from memory.

The "Asket & Nera Hoax" - Billy has a photo of two women he claims are aliens. The pic is really a screenshot from an old talk show, and the two women were easily researched and identified as perfectly normal human beings, part of a singing group on the show.

The "Dinosaur Time Travel" photo - Billy has a pic he says he took of a dinosaur during a trip through time with the aliens. Turns out, it was a copy of an illustration of a dinosaur, and the exact pic can be researched and seen as it appeared in the book.

If the aliens' goal was to simply have us acknowledge them, then I'm sure such advanced beings would easily figure out that all they have to do is contact the press.

No, I think instead, they are simply quarantining us, until they are convinced we won't cause havoc throughout the galaxy. It is simply the only reason that makes sense to me. They don't seem to want to be our friend or our enemy, so what else is there? So, they are basically a nosey neighbor.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Nah
edit on 10-1-2012 by gortex because: Why bother

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The "Asket & Nera Hoax" - Billy has a photo of two women he claims are aliens. The pic is really a screenshot from an old talk show, and the two women were easily researched and identified as perfectly normal human beings, part of a singing group on the show.

The "Dinosaur Time Travel" photo - Billy has a pic he says he took of a dinosaur during a trip through time with the aliens. Turns out, it was a copy of an illustration of a dinosaur, and the exact pic can be researched and seen as it appeared in the book.

Hello Gazrok,

Dinosaur Time Travel photo:
Can you provide the source where Billy mentioned that the flying Pterosaur photo was authentic and passed on as such ? Because it is very easy to say something as Billy said so, where infact he doesn't.

Asket & Nera Photo:
Why do you think the evidence & explanations from Billy's side on the Asket-Nera issue should not be considered ?

The present thread is not related to "Billy Meier". So kindly post below in a new thread on Billy Meier
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You're onto a really interesting thought we've been talking about on the Paratopia program for a long while now. The only thing you have to do is drop the notion of extraterrestrials out of that theory.

Instead think along the lines of beings from a non local reality. Or, a custodial race of the parallel universes....or, take your pick of any other ideas in that vein.

There are many, many possibilities other than ETs, and looking at the whole UFO thing it simply doesn't fit the phenomenon.

Let's take your theory and expand it - to what I've mentioned a lot on the show: that these beings have only as much ability to enter our reality as we give to them. Meaning, the more you give (thought attention, obsession in some cases) the more you get back (sightings, contacts, take your pick).

What if acknowledging them at all as "real" (whatever that means) allows entrance into our reality.

Want to figure that into conspiracies about govt cover ups? Ok. The "Govt." will never acknowledge this phenomenon as "real" because to do so would focus the attention of the world, and open the floodgates for this intelligence we know as "alien" or "non-human intelligence".

If the "Govt" wants to keep things the way they are, and by proxy keep themselves in the seat of control, your best defense against this external intelligence encroaching, is all out denial.

Neat idea. is any of it true? Who knows. Just another thing to ponder - but look deeper at how this phenomena behaves, and sub topics like marginality and anti-structure and you'll see the ET theory a bit flat. We can't discount it, but it's no longer the best theory. Just the easiest one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join