It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cried watching this. Americans and NATO bombing babies, Every human much watch. Spread It!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think the argument is if any of this intervention is really worth it at this point. call me naive, but the human race has for the most part solved its problems when it "chose" to. Implying that any action whether morally justified, is a privilege western countries should not impose on others.

The fact that we have not more efficient means of surgically removing threats and the fact that we cannot establish who those threats are unequivocally, takes the military action almost completely off the table from the start. Short of sending in troops to asses threats on a case specific scenario, we lack any real way to avoid hurting those we wish to help with collateral damage.

The danger of that is evident to the rest of the world when the USA establishes military bases where ever it goes and paves the way for the world bank to essentially control the money of a people. The real reins of power.

If I can quote an article offered earlier by ThirdEyeofHorus
www.outsidethebeltway.com...

National Review made the case against intervention of any kind, even a no-fly, quite well earlier this week:
Two, the rebels are on the ascendancy. Absent some drastic change in the tide of events, it looks as if they will prevail. Why would we taint what would be the indigenous glory of their ouster of Qaddafi with an almost entirely symbolic Western military action? The reason that the revolts of 2011 have had a dramatic catalyzing effect across the region, when the invasion of Iraq didn’t, is that they are the handiwork of Middle Eastern populations themselves, and thus a much more appealing model of change.

There would be no more effective way to bring an end to a Pan-Arab reform movement than to taint it as a tool of American “imperialism.” That argument is unlikely to work in Libya at this late date, but there are other nations watching and they’ll respond to what we do in Libya accordingly The best thing we can do right now is stay on the sidelines, provide humanitarian food and medical aid to refugees, and let the Libyans take control of their own future.

This in my opinion is more of a "coaching" warning rather than a morally curious one. The perfect murder being protected by the impression of suicide/ self defense. Either way it shows that even from a logical point of victory for an American empire, too much intervention does constitute interference with what must be a natural act of rebellion.

edit on 10-1-2012 by casenately because: fix

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by NightGypsy

Where was my war mongering?

I am also opposed to war.

But I'm also opposed to the US getting all the blame and none of the other participants in war getting any blame.

Peace

I'm sorry, WildBob, but America was the one who initiated that war based on lies. I am far more concerned with the activities that our OWN government is engaging in because they are representing each individual citizen in this country when they do so. I do not want MY government acting, as my representative, killing any innocent human being...especially when I see through their lies and do not support these wars.

I understand there are times when our military may have to defend our country and that sometimes innocent people die in the process. But in this instance, our freedoms were not in jeopardy and, therefore, the innocent people, especially the children, died for no reason whatsoever. I do not want their blood on my hands and I'm afraid it is....it's on all of our hands because we have a bunch of sick people leading this country who care nothing about human life....unless it's the life of one of their own.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I just want to add that we must understand as Americans that the subject of killing another human being is not an avenue for cowardice. The argument of advocating life over all threats is not the one being taken by people opposed to war. It exists in those extremes in the arguments formed against it, so as to make the illusion of insecurity and treason. When in reality it is out of concern for other Americans being put in harm's way for no good at all.

Ideally,
all is done for the purpose of not creating more enemies for an already over extended empire. The spotlight of world authority is one that can be detrimental to a country when its foundations in its own legality when dealing with its own citizens is still in question. The motive is always suspect, and rightly so. since in any light of morality, our own shortcomings are shown more brightly.

A moral high ground of war or not is illogical, since in the end it is not a moral decision that governs military action abroad, but rather a legal issue taken under advisement of congress, by the presidents proposing it, and ultimately is decided upon, based in if it is a threat to the nation or not. Not if it is a threat to our moral code or will cause a moral dilemma in our institutions.

edit on 10-1-2012 by casenately because: fixed line

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by insaan

Hmmm tens of civilians killed
Very very sad
But how many civilians did the regime kill ?
And notice that the vast majority show the smoke plume and after the attack
or the ordinance landing and a larger SECONDARY explosion -
modern air release weapons are incredibly accurate - these wernt strafing runs these were precision strikes on legitimate targets - that choose to keep themselves within the populace
Same goes for most conflicts - no one wants collateral damage
So great efforts are made to avoid it
These weapons are not fragmentation devices and the vast majority of injuries are from shrapnel
These weapons are designed to contain and focus their blast
I fear the most of the time it's the secondary explosions from the targets that do the VAST amount of damage (the bog standard IED factory being a good example on other fronts )

Not condoning it

edit on 10-1-2012 by Neocrusader because: Wrong button

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
It is the cowardly Taliban fault hiding in between their women and children.they go about planting IEDS then think they can run to safety blending in with women and children.does a terrorist take time to check there is no women and children about before he detonates him self.this is a war and people die.Libya is a prime example it asked for our help to defeat gadafi then started crying when a few people near the targets was killed.

THIS
this

this
this

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well tell me THIS.

Now, I know that war is war, and that RT might be tinged just a little bit towards the propaganda side.
OK

BUT - why is it that if ANYONE asks or says "Maybe they don't like us because we bomb them and kill them, and it has nothing to DO with our freedom?"

That our press jumps back and gasps, and points a finger and says "You blame America for this?"

We've got some problem in America where way too many of us are letting TV talking heads think for us. Put words in our mouths and thoughts in our heads.

I'm not saying much one way or the other, other than WE ALL NEED TO THINK FOR OURSELVES.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wow, for everyone 1 target, drones kill 50 unintended people.

Great work with the video. I was planning on making something like this myself, but it wouldn't get any views if I did, lol.

S+F, send this top the TOP!
edit on 10-1-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
My Mom called, and some people have commented. My posting of this video on FB has gotten a lot of responses. It is a well-done video, and it entices a lot of emotions. My Mom wants me to repost it every few hours so people will have to watch it. It made her cry as well.

When I posted it, I posted it with the statement of "This is why I am afraid everytime I see all of the Republican Candidates on stage beating the war drum, and every time I think of the farce of a "Peace" prize Obama won. Only 1 candidate truly wants to put an end to all of the unncessary war, and that is Ron Paul."

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
My Mom called, and some people have commented. My posting of this video on FB has gotten a lot of responses. It is a well-done video, and it entices a lot of emotions. My Mom wants me to repost it every few hours so people will have to watch it. It made her cry as well.

When I posted it, I posted it with the statement of "This is why I am afraid everytime I see all of the Republican Candidates on stage beating the war drum, and every time I think of the farce of a "Peace" prize Obama won. Only 1 candidate truly wants to put an end to all of the unncessary war, and that is Ron Paul."

You're a brave man, sir. I would quickly be shunned by all my "friends" if I posted this...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wait a second... was that one kid missing his lower bottom jaw? I re-watched it..

It looks like an according with nothing on the lower jaw..... OMG, man.

He can't cry becaus he has no vocal chords, but he's awake and writhing in pain, it apppears to be, but he can't scream or make a sound.

He just stares with wide as and trys to struggle, but he's tied down........

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I don't know how you could "re-watch" that. I'm still hurting from the first watch.

Yes, many of my friends won't like it, and many of them already attack my Ron Paul educational posts, LOL! Still, I don't really need to be popular, but I do need to spread truth and reason.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I don't know how you could "re-watch" that. I'm still hurting from the first watch.

Yes, many of my friends won't like it, and many of them already attack my Ron Paul educational posts, LOL! Still, I don't really need to be popular, but I do need to spread truth and reason.

Well I had to turn away for the first viewing, and the second time I watched about 20% of it versus 5% of it. I don't think I can watch much more.....

This whole war with Libya might have not as well happened. They planned it all, and honestly I fell for it in the begining. All they have to do is stage a conflict or just give more coverage to any given conflict in the world as a means to justify an invasion...

The people on here who support this genocide, you know who you are, should be ashamed of yourselfs.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Wait a second... was that one kid missing his lower bottom jaw? I re-watched it..

It looks like an according with nothing on the lower jaw..... OMG, man.

He can't cry becaus he has no vocal chords, but he's awake and writhing in pain, it apppears to be, but he can't scream or make a sound.

He just stares with wide as and trys to struggle, but he's tied down........

Yes.

It is disgusting that children are being hurt because of grown men's problems. These children had to suffer brutally. Maybe it is because I have small children, but damn, it impacted me bad.

Its a scary video, that evokes a lot of emotions.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I personally hate drones ......Well, armed drones
It takes the human touch out of combat - to the pilot sat thousands of miles away it's a computer game ........really.
And when one side can conduct warfare with drones where no risk of human life exists against your enemy it's just plain wrong ( not saying we should all just resort to sticks and stones but the drone understands no border has no humanity and to not have the risk to life for the controlling side it's use as a weapon is just plain WRONG

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
I personally hate drones ......Well, armed drones
It takes the human touch out of combat - to the pilot sat thousands of miles away it's a computer game ........really.
And when one side can conduct warfare with drones where no risk of human life exists against your enemy it's just plain wrong ( not saying we should all just resort to sticks and stones but the drone understands no border has no humanity and to not have the risk to life for the controlling side it's use as a weapon is just plain WRONG

Drones takes the morality out of warfare, which was one of the biggest inconveniences before.... You're so far removed from reality, it's like it doesn't exist.....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

If Karma's real, she's gonna have a real B fit!! Too bad the American people don't seem to have a choice about what our leaders do.
This news only adds tp the sorrow and sin too. US, UK and other NATO countries fight to keep cluster bombs viable:
www.independent.co.uk...
news.antiwar.com...
edit on 10-1-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
yea people should keep electing MORONS like obama, huntsman, romney and perry if they want this kinda inhumane # going on.

seriously, whens it gonna end guys. yea lets doom ourselves as a civilization.

children deserve to die, ok yea thats fine. thank you u.s government

edit on 10-1-2012 by Cobra.EXE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I did explain

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
But freedom isn't free.

America has to champion the world and spread freedom to the heathens of the sand. Some innocents may die, but that's the price of freedom. They will thank the US in the end when the roses bloom and the rainbows soar.

The truly sad part is that "Team America World Police" has the exact same effect as your video, OP.

It's become so disgusting and commonplace for this country to do unspeakable things under the guise of "freedom", that we laugh about it in spoof movies.
edit on 10-1-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

talk about eyes wide shut

POTUS decided this on his own and has the ire of Americans and Congress but for the record France fired the first shot

POSUS may have decided on his own

he didn't actually go there and commit war crimes and crimes against humanity
useful idiots,moral cowards [ "just following orders"] and bloodthirsty socio/psych-opaths did

look at all the sickos trying to justify all this
and to those useful idiots "who are fighting for are freedoms"

YOU ARE NOT,
you're helping take them away, by violently violating others rights

get a clue Blind One, POSUS, the GOV, the oligarchy,
and ALL it's enablers are whats being hated on

if the shoe fits, however, do please keep complaining and screeching

edit to add

the elite of complicit nations who have a globalist agenda

what you said

nobody's cursing out the baker or the candlestick maker
except the ignorant
edit on 10-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join