It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

i've looked at him and if you put glasses and a wig on him he's got the same nose and same chin. that photo is a bad one and it's small. there aren't a lot of photos of Shaun to look through but this is who i've come to the conclusion it is (not 100% sure but almost)

I watched a an interview of him and saw him talking and I am convinced that it is not him. Besides his voice so radically different, his facial expressions and mouth being different I do not believe a Canadian could do such a good job of losing his accent like that!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Are these the two same Sean McIver's, do ya think? If so, Sean McIver is "Global Head of Multimedia Solutions".

They sure look a lot alike.

Video Marketing

The eye brows are way off comparing these 2 guys, though the face does look similar.

Here a video of Shaun McIver in an interview, the voices aren't the same...
www.onlinevideo.net...

The arguments here seem to be leaning toward trying to disprove the video instead of trying to prove it's real, which always tends to lead toward a Hoax in the final outcome. I've read all but 3 pages worth of this thread and am highly skeptical about this video, but I'm not comfortable calling it a hoax based on assumptions and possibilities of what can be done to fake it. Seems premature to throw in the Hoax bin when so many assumptions have derailed the research, like assuming [email protected] is affiliated with HM2012.ca.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

The arguments here seem to be leaning toward trying to disprove the video instead of trying to prove it's real, which always tends to lead toward a Hoax in the final outcome.

How do you propose to prove that it's real when the person who posted it to YouTube refuses to answer any questions about it?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I wonder if the guy pointed by the arrow (in what looks like an old TV show) is the same person in the video in question.

I would like to see this video.

edit on 12-1-2012 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

The arguments here seem to be leaning toward trying to disprove the video instead of trying to prove it's real, which always tends to lead toward a Hoax in the final outcome.

How do you propose to prove that it's real when the person who posted it to YouTube refuses to answer any questions about it?

Thats a good question too.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

I don't have an answer for that one, the uploader may have responded to some people not affiliated with ATS so we aren't hearing what he had to say here. In the description area the uploader did say he doesn't have any more information on the guy and was asking if anyone else does, so I'm not sure how much help they'd be.

When the goal is to prove fakery, it always seems to get there no matter what, ego & pride won't allow otherwise it seems. So many assumptions have derailed this thread and got it thrown into the hoax bin, but does it really matter?

Let's say this was real.... now what? The guy is supposedly dead now, and wasn't 100% accurate to begin with, and people will still be paranoid about 2012 regardless. Best we can do from here is be as prepared as possible for whatever this gov't is planning to stage next, and hope our preparations aren't needed.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

... like assuming [email protected] is affiliated with HM2012.ca.

Thank you for pointing that out again.
Anyone can create an email address on yahoo mail. Anyone.
Besides, all the contact info on the hm2012.ca site all point out to their own domain (ex: [email protected]) or a twiter, facebook, DIGG or linkedin account.
I still think this video is BS, but to assume that the hm2012.ca site is related because it has the same prefix ? Like I said before, I think its a long shot. But I can be wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
One thing that confuses me is that when he speaks about his prediction for a Russain Nuclear accident, he says that it will make us question the safety of Nuclear power. Well, if he was making that video in 1980, the the safety of nuclear power was already on the minds of everyone because of the Three-Mile Island incident just ONE YEAR earlier (in 1979).

Why would he say that a Russian accident would make us question nuclear power when the question of nuclear safety should have been fresh on his mind because of Three Mile Island?

I'm not saying it's proof of a hoax, but it just seems odd. In 1980, the safety of nuclear power was already being questioned.

Also, his clock isn't working. The time on the clock is 8:20 throughout the entire piece. Again, that's not proof of a hoax, but perhaps that is due to his clock just being a prop that no longer works, but was added to give the video a period feel?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taz2122

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane
Well you have also heard that many psychics CAN see events unfolding after 2012. If you haven't before then you have now.

Sylvia Browne being one of them.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Browne is a charlatan that preys on the weak. A vile, disgusting piece of # that barely resembles a human being.

I'm putting forward that those who claim that they can predict the future whether it be until 2012 or after 2012 are exactly that - charlatans.

However, if we should take the "until 2012" ones seriously, we should do the same with the others.

But yes - I was perhaps a tiny bit sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Where did he get the CD (next to the grey box on the right)?
CD's were not publicly sold until 1982.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Are these the two same Sean McIver's, do ya think? If so, Sean McIver is "Global Head of Multimedia Solutions".
They sure look a lot alike.

Video Marketing

The eye brows are way off comparing these 2 guys, though the face does look similar.

Here a video of Shaun McIver in an interview, the voices aren't the same...

Not even the same guy. Not even close. Seems to me like a decent search would concentrate who he says he is -- an expatriate French psychic living in California in 1980 -- or who he might be -- a crappy French-Canadian actor in 2012. If he was the real deal, there should at least be some documentation of him, even back in the Stone Age (before the Internet).

edit on 12-1-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
FRench actor named Thierry Le Luron.

Died in 1987.

That's what a person who had it on Youtube claims they researched and found out. I am watching many videos of him to see, but it is hard to be sure. I'm starting to doubt it, though they look much alike, the guy in the prediction sketch has a crease under his nose much more pronounced.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Yeah, I don't think so. Different guy.

Anyone else with even a passing familiarity of 90's Britpop think that frenchy looks like Jarvis Cocker?

edit on 12-1-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
FRench actor named Thierry Le Luron.

Died in 1987.

sorties-a-paris.over-blog.fr...

Using Google translator ...

Thierry died at 34, 13 November 1986.

I met him in March 1970, when he began. I wanted to engage in a show that I produce, but there were some conditions that I could not accept.

He does not want me and became one of amilleurs friends of my brother. He came home to play Backgammon with us. We will make him visit Disneyland in Los Angeles.

He was often serious and thoughtful. it became lighter in the evening.

A few days before his death he wrote a moving letter to my brother, who wanted to visit him at the Hotel de Crillon, his last residence.

But Thierry would not be seen.

I often speak of him with Paul Lederman, during our regular walks.

Close, but I don't think the guy in the original video is younger than 34. Wiki doesn't have much on him - en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-1-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Anyone watch the clip i posted 2 pages back?the poster has now deleted the video.

Poster-www.youtube.com...

ETA-does anyone know if i can recover that footage now its been deleted?

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The quality of the video itself doesn't make it a hoax, but the picture with the guy in the audience intrigued me so I dedicated the whole day to search for that video.

I have found it, you can watch it here, it's around the 40 minute mark. What I have found, however, is that the picture itself is edited. I'm attaching the one that's been around here and YouTube first:

And now the pics I took from the video I've found:

As you can see, our guy has been photoshopped into the pic. Although, oddly enough, in the very same show I've found another guy that I think looks a little bit more like the supposed psychic:

But regardless, this whole thing screams viral marketing. Now we should find who this guy really is.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Radiobuzz

Huzzah and star for you!!!

Those French-Canadians would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for your meddling.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Bravo old chap!!!

No 2012 doomsday for us!!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

The guy doesn't speak canadian-french dialect...
.It's a Parisiene french accent

edit on 12-1-2012 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Thanks, here is the summary picture for easier distribution: yep.it...

edit on 12-1-2012 by PulpArk because: remove thumbnail

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join