It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

if you say it is so easy to replicate i and many on ats will be awaiting your video to show just how easy it is. you saying it is easy isnt good enough. proof.

many reasons for this being a hoax is that it was just uploaded to youtube even though it was made 30 years ago. well what iam getting at is how long did it take before someone introduced nostradamus to the world? i ask 'cause i dont know. i realise the times where different but by the tone of many against psychics, i dont think things have changed too much. at least you all dont burn them at the stake no more. did it take 30 years for nostradamus's predictions to be released? would you wanna release it right away if it was you and you where already chased out of your hometown for a prediction that came true?
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I just thought I'd get another opinion, I seen a striking resemblance, as well as the uploader commenting on the video and the video being about psychics. It all seemed fishy to me. As well as mentioning 2012.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I watched the video, and I remember seeing it before. I am just trying to figure out where I saw it before. Not saying it is real or fake.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by letscit

if you say it is so easy to replicate i and many on ats will be awaiting your video to show just how easy it is. you saying it is easy isnt good enough. proof.

Lol, as usual. The responsibility for providing proof lies with those making the ludicrous claims, not the other way around. I personally have no video camera besides my #ty cell nor enough 80s items/clothes (tho I do have some) to do this. However I am one person, both of those things are not particularly hard to come by... so please tell me, in what way it would be hard to pull this hoax off? Are you telling me no one makes period movies/shows etc for any time periods including the 80s? Are you telling me no one has video editing software that can add grain and whatever other effects you want (all video editing software can do this..). That no one has albums, chairs, clocks from the 80s? Are you telling me it's hard to register an account on youtube and upload a video? Give me a break.
edit on 10-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The sound quality is a bit too good for portable 1980's tech and same for the video but the picture showing him on the TV show is compelling.

I hope it's fake though lol....

I'm on the fence and i'm going to sit it out....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

out of your mouth is the only evidence that is concrete. and that is not even close to being concrete.

i am so done commenting. about 6 months ago i just started mainly coming for the breaking news, but this total bashing all the time just pisses me off. ats was soo great 2 years or so ago. you could learn about things you never even thought to learn about. as each thread was disected and discussed. and people who had the expertise on the subject would help you to learn and understand. anymore it looks like a msm popularity contest, and the one with the most popularity is right. even when thery are wrong. ohh at times lately there have been some wrongs.

good nite and see ya tomorrow

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

You don't even make sense. I'm not going to bother replying to you anymore. Have fun.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
lol!

See the CD case on the bookshelf to his right (wasn't even introduced until 1982) for how 'real' this fakery is. That, and how crystal clear his 30-year-old, VHS tape audio voice is...

FAKE/10

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Gerizo
Sweet the thread has been reopened and Im guessing that since its reopened that means that the viral marketing idea has been shot down. Guess all those so called experts that constantly post "hoax" goofed.
I don't remember which page it was on in this thread but someone posted their opinion of this interview using the facial expression chart. I agree with that. It's amazing how many people would rather make an excuse that it's a hoax instead of being open minded about what he said.

No. It just means it was reopened so people could still discuss it. Nothing has been confirmed from staff as of now. Everyone is free to discuss, debate, debunk, confirm and so on...

edit on January 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I see. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

YIKES, that is scary to say the least. It's one thing to hear doom and gloom resulting from the Mayan calendar, but to hear that we will encounter aliens and the outcome is not going to be good for the human race is utterly frightening. And this from a guy that made all sorts of predictions in that same interview which for the most part have come true.

Enjoy the rest of the year, half year, months, whatever......... However, remember not to max out your credit cards on exotic trips, electronic toys, fast women and liquor as he may be wrong !!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's fake that clock doesn't even move, it looks like there's a CD cover over his shoulder, video is too good of quality for the time and oh there's an email at the end of the film. Leads to this website www.hm2012.ca... Some type of marketing competition, you can all go back to sleep now.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

Originally posted by sam_inc
reply to post by greeneyedleo

but theres no evidence its fake

There's no evidence it's real... What constitutes "evidence it's fake" then? There's been plenty of inconsistencies pointed out. Occam's razor tell's us from among competing hypotheses, selecting the one that makes the fewest new assumptions usually provides the correct one.

The idea that some psychic predicted the future accurately 30 years ago on tape and it only now just mysteriously pops up from some anonymous youtuber who "doesn't know who it is" yet somehow has the only tape in the world makes way more assumptions than someone hoaxing.

Say I shot this video with a friend at my grannys house, making sure all the visible items were from the proper time period, then added a little grainyness and what not in my video editor to make it looked older. Made a new youtube account, uploaded it saying "anyone know who this psychic is" and then left it like that and just observed the results and never responded to where I got it or anything. How would you anyone ever "prove it's fake" for the "believers" like yourself? As long as I never admitted to the hoax no one would "prove it's fake" to guys like you who have been claiming it's real from the minute you saw it, because you want to believe the story that fits in with your world view, no matter how ridiculous it is or how little evidence supports it.
edit on 10-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

No evidence that it is real? Are we not watching a video of man being interviewed? Seems pretty real to me.

link   
Hmm it appears since I've been reading, it has now been moved to Hoax. Oh well, that's the way I was leaning anyways lol

link   

edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: sorry

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
When viewing the video on YouTube in 1080p, it's clear the original was not shot prior to the availability of HD digital video cameras.

There is no evidence the original video had interlacing -- a common artifact of video recorded to analog tape... which is typically discernable even after deinterlacing.

There are also several filters and plug-ins available for both Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier that will easily simulate the effects of "bad TV" or VHS recordings. Some come pre-installed.

And finally, and perhaps most important, if this were digitized off a source VHS, the resulting resolution/size/fps would not be sufficient for YouTube to automatically provide a 1080p or 720i version of the video after upload and conversion.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Anyways, i really don't care rather the video is fake or not all i know is that you all better be prepare for it. Major changes are definitely coming

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Does anyone know the exact day the HOAX Jerusalem UFO videos came out?

I know in January but can't remember which day .....but maybe this is some sort of anniversary HOAX if it happens to be the same day.
edit on 10-1-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

Ahh nevermind ..... it was the 28th of Jan
edit on 10-1-2012 by dplum517 because: added

....also ....a comment on GLP stuck out..

he said if you had good software you could see the old cameras they used back then in the reflection of his glasses

edit on 10-1-2012 by dplum517 because: added

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

it can be done. imo it hasnt in this instance. you are no more an expert than me. so you say tomato, and i say tomatoe.
ill agree when it is proven one way or the other.until then it seems i am for it because most are against it, when there has been no proof. most where writing off this thread when they thought it was a contest. it obviously isnt a contest or the mods would have removed or hoaxed it. i understand you telling yourself it isnt real is good enough for you. that does not cut it for me.

sorry!

btw, you win! apparently it took awhile for the hoax to pop up. i would have moved on by now if it would have moved faster. sorry everyone just didnt want to give in until something was proven. tired of seeing threads that dont seem to get fair balance of both sides. sorry all--just felt the need to stick up for the lil guy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

There's a difference between being open to possibilities and plain ignorance and stupidity.

Don't blame my post for how you think this site is going, you'd be better off using some of the posts on this thread who keep saying this clip is the real deal even when presented with facts of what portable video quality was like in the early 1980's and also the website on the clip which links to an obvious competition.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Theres 2 other items in that video that you could use to verify its authenticity.

1. The checkered black and white box on the floor is quite distinctive, has a handle on the top, some kind of makeup, or record box? Anyone have one, very unique pattern.

2. Right at the far end of the shelf where the LP's are, there is a white one with some text down the spine. Looks to be a 3 or 4 disc LP.

Ive played around with some image software on it, and the best I can get so far is that the last word seems to be Day and the first letter of the first word seems to be an A.

If anyone can do better, you can figure out the name of that LP set, and find out when it was released. If its later than ~1980, then you got it.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join