It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

So, what say you all? Just respond with "HOAX" or NOT HOAX" so I can count up the votes.

HOAX.

And if we're wrong, well...bad aliens will kill us all...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Thread is being closed pending an investigation of reports that this is a hoax viral marketing video.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Thread reopened...

Sans judgment... You guys are on your own...

Have at it...

edit on 1/10/2012 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does the guy in the video look eerily like the guy in this video: Sorry I just signed up so don't know how to embed it.

www.youtube.com...

According the the young guy in the video, he's interviewing a man called James Rhandi talking about physic.

Also the person who posted the original video in the OP commented on that video.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Tsara because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by Tsara because: Correcting some details.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Seeing as how it's been reopened, does that mean it's not from the HM2012 marketing competition?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What is even the point of discussing this further? There's been dozens of reasons brought up that indicate this is a hoax but even if it can't technically be "proven" either way, it still is worthless and arguments will go nowhere because there is not enough background info (ie none, just another anonymous youtuber)..

Unless the anonymous youtube uploader, who conveniently signed up for youtube the same day as uploading this single video and conveniently "doesn't know his name" despite apparently being the only person in the world to have this video 30 years later... provides a source to where he got this video, then this is just another useless piece of anonymous internet folklore. I'm sure it will be circulated in many different forms from here out, with different back stories as always happens with these hoaxes, unless the uploader mans up and admits it's a hoax or provides some "source" that people can then debate further.

The fact is, this is incredibly easy to fake by just going to your grannys house or a movie set with props, putting on some vintage clothes and filming then easily adding a bit of grainy effects afterwards with video editors to try to make it look older (or just filming it with an old collectable camera in the first place..) and uploading it to youtube. If it's so easy to fake, and it has no source, and the "psychic" is anonymous, then it has no value over a fictional story whatsoever.
edit on 10-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sweet the thread has been reopened and Im guessing that since its reopened that means that the viral marketing idea has been shot down. Guess all those so called experts that constantly post "hoax" goofed.
I don't remember which page it was on in this thread but someone posted their opinion of this interview using the facial expression chart. I agree with that. It's amazing how many people would rather make an excuse that it's a hoax instead of being open minded about what he said.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if someone could view the video I posted and tell me if it's the same guy. The name of the guy in the video I posted is Brian Thompson.

Brian Thompson is the Field Coordinator for the James Randi Educational Foundation. For several years, he has promoted scientific skepticism through humor and entertainment on podcasts, blogs, and in print media. His writing has appeared in Skeptical Inquirer and the Young Australian Skeptics Blog Anthology. At the JREF, Brian works with grassroots skeptical organizations and multimedia content producers to promote science and reason to the widest possible audience.

In the video I posted he is doing an interview and looks exactly like the guy in the OP and the other video was posted yesterday.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo
Sweet the thread has been reopened and Im guessing that since its reopened that means that the viral marketing idea has been shot down. Guess all those so called experts that constantly post "hoax" goofed.
I don't remember which page it was on in this thread but someone posted their opinion of this interview using the facial expression chart. I agree with that. It's amazing how many people would rather make an excuse that it's a hoax instead of being open minded about what he said.

No. It just means it was reopened so people could still discuss it. Nothing has been confirmed from staff as of now. Everyone is free to discuss, debate, debunk, confirm and so on...

edit on January 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

but theres no evidence its fake

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
sounds like a lot of it were pretty vague
closest "psychic" ive seen that was accurate was edward cayce

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
the post is back up. sweet! not under hoax .
yet ! guess the contest wasnt involved with this video or have i talked before i read an now i look like an @@s.

btw, i know this is off topic, but was anyone else reading the frank camper thread? was interestin g and trying to figure out what it was getting at. a u2u from someone with an explanation would be great. thx.

now back to this interesting find and video.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
reply to post by greeneyedleo

but theres no evidence its fake

There's no evidence it's real... What constitutes "evidence it's fake" then? There's been plenty of inconsistencies pointed out. Occam's razor tell's us from among competing hypotheses, selecting the one that makes the fewest new assumptions usually provides the correct one.

The idea that some psychic predicted the future accurately 30 years ago on tape and it only now just mysteriously pops up from some anonymous youtuber who "doesn't know who it is" yet somehow has the only tape in the world makes way more assumptions than someone hoaxing.

Say I shot this video with a friend at my grannys house, making sure all the visible items were from the proper time period, then added a little grainyness and what not in my video editor to make it looked older. Made a new youtube account, uploaded it saying "anyone know who this psychic is" and then left it like that and just observed the results and never responded to where I got it or anything. How would you anyone ever "prove it's fake" for the "believers" like yourself? As long as I never admitted to the hoax no one would "prove it's fake" to guys like you who have been claiming it's real from the minute you saw it, because you want to believe the story that fits in with your world view, no matter how ridiculous it is or how little evidence supports it.
edit on 10-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

Am still catching up but in relation to the Softboxes reflecting in his glasses:

When were Soft Boxes Invented?
Although motion picture lighting directors have been using diffusion flats placed over fixtures to achieve soft lighting effects since 1915, the fully enclosed portable production soft box didn’t appear until 1985 when Photoflex® CEO Gene Kester applied the principles of dome tent construction to what became the “LiteDome®”. Suddenly, photographers had a way to control light in a new way.

www.photoflexlightingschool.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

After further review... The play stands. (cheesy NFL reference).
Let the good times roll!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

so they had better camera equipment than the networks? or maybe this was filmed by a network? anyone who grew up then knows what a big deal this was. there is more than 1 footage of this as it was the only thing being broadcast at the time. it was the most important thing happening. they took us out of class just to watch it and it was amazing.

i would just like to say some may think i am pushing this very hard to be real, but there is many more who are pushing it to be fake. ats has done this on a very regular basis over the past few months. there used to be good intelligent discussion and de-bunking by hard evidence only. it is not denying ignorance to call it guilty before it hasnt even had the chance to prove its innocence. so until hard proof comes forward and everything else is just your opinion, and opinions are like but's. everyone has 1 and they are usually full of crap !
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

There's plenty of evidence that it's fake. Duh.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well the uploader of the video in the OP commented on this video:

And I have to say there is an uncanny resemblance between the people in both videos. but I suck at facial recognition.

But I'm calling it a hoax.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Tsara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsara
I'm just wondering if someone could view the video I posted and tell me if it's the same guy. The name of the guy in the video I posted is Brian Thompson.

Brian Thompson is the Field Coordinator for the James Randi Educational Foundation. For several years, he has promoted scientific skepticism through humor and entertainment on podcasts, blogs, and in print media. His writing has appeared in Skeptical Inquirer and the Young Australian Skeptics Blog Anthology. At the JREF, Brian works with grassroots skeptical organizations and multimedia content producers to promote science and reason to the widest possible audience.

In the video I posted he is doing an interview and looks exactly like the guy in the OP and the other video was posted yesterday.

To me it looks nothing like the French guy in the video. That's just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join