It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I know this sounds crazy but if I were there I would go out and lay on the ground and listen and feel for vibrations

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hi Mike, you know it is quite possible that could be what I am experiencing, based on the location information.

I am literally in Maryville Tennessee, just southwest of Knoxville. I always say knoxville, because it much more identifiable to most folks

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Hi berkeleygal... You thinking what I'm thinking? Pre-quake symptoms, perhaps? Sounds eerily similar to what what Susan and some others reported on the Arkansas thread.

Mike

link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

haha, yeah, that is crazy!! no, just kidding ofcourse. If it had not been strong enough to feel it while laying in bed and I only heard t, I might be more apt to lay out in the wet, cold grass!

Since I could feel the vibrations, I didn't need to go much further with it

link   
I don't think we'll ever know what these Noises are. They keep being heard all around the world but with no explaination ever.

www.youtube.com...

I will say that this machine sounds almost exactly like some*** of the videos thats popped up, but Nasa couldnt possibly have one of these in every part of the world, so I can't be the explanation for all of it.

another theory for the OP's situation is perhaps Tunneling. God knows what the government is doing. They simply hide everything from the puplic.

link   
reply to post by esteay812

A few months ago, here in Kentucky, there were news reports of people describing pretty much what you are describing. It turned out to be a major gas leak. It made houses shake in several counties. I never did quite understand that, but that was the official explanation given. Do you have gas pipes in your home? If not, then I guess that's out, but I hope you find out what's causing it. I love a mystery, but not when it's something like that. Stuff like that, I like to have good explanations for, lol.
edit on 1/10/2012 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

So you're only about 4 miles from where that quake occurred on Sunday!

Okay, that makes it even more likely that what you're picking up now is seismically related.

Do you know if there is any fracking going on in your area?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I hope I don't come off as taking this too light hearted, I suppose it has not occurred to me that this could actually be something more than an out of the ordinary event.

I would hate to be making light of something that could potentially be a warning sign for something much worse

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

no, no gas heating provided by the city. We do have a propane tank and a gas fireplace, but I'd imagine that being much too small to produce anything similar to this... here it goes a little bit more....

so constant and now slightly more faint than before, but definitely there

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

I've heard people talking about tunnelling before, in scenarios like this. Would tunnelling lead to a more discernable sound wave source?

As I am typing this post, the sound seems to be originating from the west, more so than any other direction, but that could just be because the window is on my west side and it is passing more freely through it than the walls

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I doubt that's the cause then.
I wish I knew what to tell you. I'll be following along for updates. I really hope it turns out to be something simple with a logical answer. Good luck!!! Maybe the neighbors will be able to tell you if they experienced anything, later in the day.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Wow what a disturbing video. The fact that 911 could not pin point the source was intresting too. I don't know quite what to make of it.

link   

I think you're striking the right balance. No point running around like Chicken Little, after all.
But yeah, it's wise to be concerned about it.

Could you please keep some notes for later reference? Namely, when the sounds/vibrations started (exact time), apparent direction (if possible to identify), length of time the vibrations last. That sort of thing. Update them if/when things start up again at some future time. It's good to have data recorded for any futher study.

Also, if you can set up a simple pendulum -- just a weight on a length of cotton will do -- and hang it in a space where there's no drafts, you might be able to tell how the vibrations are going. Like, if they are more horizontal then that'll be visible.

Many thanks,

Mike

link   

I've heard of fracking, but don't really know exactly what it is. As far as I know they aren't doing any type of frack mining? I suppose it is not out of the question...

on the location detail you have, what is the name of the city or township where the quake originated from? I don't know how to find it

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

yes? New Madrid? There sounds are being heard lot down in them parts

TO OP: did it sound like this? Tipton County Tenn
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-1-2012 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Yes, I will most definitely make a log of this and if it happens again I will note that as well.

I can hardly believe that this is going on all over the world, apparently, and we can't get a positive ID on it's origins? Maybe the sounds are similar, but there are many different sound sources.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Hi man, i would just like to say how odd it is that i found this in the recent posts. I just stepped in from a cigarette break outside, and the whole time i was out there (about 10 minutes) there was a faint rumbling sound. It is 4:18 here in LA now, i went out to smoke at about 3:50. So i heard the noise which i assumed to be a low flying plane (which wouldn't happen, i am no where near an airport) and began wondering if anyone on ATS would have noticed something similar, and sure enough i saw your post. Before i replied though i stepped outside again to listen once more, and sure enough, 30 minutes later, a very deep, rumbling for lack of a better word was happening still. I have no theory for it, but just so you know, it is happening even far south of you at thiss exact moment. i would love a reply and for you to keep me updated. If it stops where you are, let me know so i can see if we are hearing the same thing cross country..

Also, my chimney is shaking, which is producing a rattling sound. This has never happened to me or anyone i know, especially here on the coast.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Sensi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Well, central California did just have a 2.6 earthquake about a half hour or so ago... that may be what you felt ?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Fracking is the process of pumping a water/chemical mix down well bore holes under very high pressure, usually to extract gas more quickly. It has been linked to quakes in some cases, such as in Arkansas last year, where some fracking wells were eventually shut down because of the quakes that were related to them.

As for the nearest town, it looks like Maryville is it:

(Sorry for the poor resolution of the text. It's quite clear in the linked page below.)

(Image from USGS at this page.)

About four miles west of where you live.

You did say that the sounds/vibrations appear to be coming from the west, right?

Mike

edit on 10/1/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/1/12 by JustMike because: typo. like usual.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

That is also very strange! Thanks for the info about where you live.

As of this exact moment... well, I was gonna say it has all but silenced, then I heard it after the white noise of a car passing by ended.

Wow, it is actually getting much more noticeable again, but only about half what is was doing originally

I am not sure these two incidents are linked by the exact same source, but it could be. It could also be the same type of source, just two seperate source locations.

Can't believe it is still going and maintaining a steady, noticeable sound

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join