It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westerville teacher among 4 shot dead in Hocking County

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Westerville teacher among 4 shot dead in Hocking County

www.dispatch.com

At least four people died at a Hocking County home last night, reportedly after a man who was caring for his terminally ill wife killed her two sisters, his son, then himself.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Stress really drives people to do some crazy things, huh?

Apparently this man, who had a previous murder charge sometime in the 1980's, decided to kill his wife's two sisters, his son, and then later himself after what was called a "squabble".

The brother of the shooter claims that Paul Gilkey (the shooter) was taking care of his wife who was dying of terminal cancer. He also states that the family of his Paul's wife would frequently visit and treat Paul with disrespect. Also, the son which he killed supposedly did not get along with him either.

In his anger, I assume, he decided to kill them all and then take his own life.

www.dispatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Horrible news.
Sadly he didn't start with where he stopped, which would have saved at least 3 lives.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This is horrible news. My heart goes out to the victims of the family. I'm glad the man took his life because that is all he deserves. I only regret his couldn't just kill himself before he killed his family. FTW

Edit: S&F
edit on 10-1-2012 by SinDefiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Wow that hits close to home...I went to Ohio University

Murder-suicides should only ever be suicides

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SinDefiant

Look further than your nose is in length.
edit on 10/1/12 by novuslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Stress really drives people to do some crazy things, huh?

Stress makes that some people want to do such horrendous things.
The easy availability of guns and ammo makes that those people really can do it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Seems to be happening a lot in the US these days. But of course the blame is put on the "mentally unstable" gunmen, and not on the reason for what drives regular citizens to such ends. The rates for these incidents only rise.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Looks like he did time for murder. Guess time isn't always the solution to resolve a problem. Once a murderer, always a murderer. Sad, but in this case it's true.

Funny how he only spent 14 years in prison for brutally killing a person and an older person at that. The man he killed was 53 in 1974. That would have put this guy at 26 years old when he committed his first murder. A 26 year old beating on a 53 year old. Maybe this guy got what he deserved in the end. I just hate that he took others with him.

This is at the bottom of the article:

Paul Gilkey was convicted of murder in 1974 in Athens County. According to records, he used a fence post to beat to death Eldon Hardy, 53, at his home near Nelsonville on May 14, 1974. Gilkey entered the Ohio prison system in November 1974 and was released in August 1988.

top topics

join