It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change in your dreaming..? More vivid and ackward maybe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
From somewhere around october 2011 I started to have very strange dreams and they are very lively.

I am not entirely on the 2012 bandwagon but running along side it still deciding wheter to jump on or not. But ever since I have these strange dreams about weird stuff like moments from a past life, I think it has maybe something to do with a cosmic energy shift that works on your brain. This shift will maybe not only affect your consciousness but also the sub part of that and your REM, alfa or whatever they call different sleep stages.

So,..anybody else experiancing a significant change in the way you normally dream?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I rarely dream (or at least remember them), and I'm not completely on that bandwagon either. But ever since this year started I too have been having especially vivid dreams, and many of them have been the freaky kinda dreams that I haven't had since I was in my early teens nearly 15 years ago.

Read between the lines on that one....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Look through the metaphysics boards. Tons of posts have been surfacing about this exact. Same. Thing. I am very interested in it, as i feel we are all beginning to harvest an unknown power, maybe an ancient instinct of some sorts that we lost along the way. In regards to the dreams, i have actually had a reoccurring dream that i am in a space ship leaving the earth, along with thousands of others in a very large room. In the dream i have feeling of extreme panic, and the need to run/escape the situation...
In short, something IS happening, for better or for worse, though ,my dreams especially have been terribly scary. :/
Peace&Love.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I have in fact been having more vivid dreams than usual lately. They are of nothing specific at times and others can be mayhem, but upon waking i get the shifting feeling as i come back to reality. Almost like the "i swear i was just somewhere else" in a very strong way.

It seems to be happening more often as of late. I put it down to my subconcious taking in all of the events during the past year, i mean... 2011 was a busy year and "alot" of stuff happened. I suppose that the more information our brains record during a specific period of time, the more time our brains need to unravel and understand that information while we are asleep...

What does a vivid dream mean anyway, what is the reason behind them? I've always tried to understand that our brains deconstruct oblivious information as we sleep, and that the more information there is to try to understand... influences what goes on when we dream.

There's always a different answer, but this one seems the most logical to me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I've always had dreams but the recent ones are rather 'different' and I've also had the hardest time falling and staying asleep.

Now this might sound like insomnia but the thing is, I've never had that problem before, in fact, I've been medittating since I was 12 years old; I'm 34 now. Falling asleep is usually a small ritual which consists of nothing more than counting backwards from 3 to 1 by which time I am usually asleep. Sure I've had a lot of changes happen in my life and that could be to blame but I've always dealt with complicated situations, so really, not much has changed in that regard.

I'm not a 2012 follower and I wouldn't suggest you jump on any band wagon but there is a shift in consciousness. It's already evident on the way we have been communicating in the past decade or two. We are now on social networks which connects all of our thoughts together, we communicate without talking from one side of the globe to the other and through this we are changing. We are getting indefinitely closer and more intimate with each other. Objectively thinking, I'd say that this was a preview in the next step in our biological evolution and I'd say it's coming soon. Subjectively, what I feel cannot be described but there is a change coming soon, it's very very near, perhaps even this year. The "noise" in my head, as I describe it, is being laid out for all to read and I'm pretty sure that soon, everyone will understand exactly what that means.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My dreams have been erratic and intense lately. It reminds me of this period a few years ago when I had these intense dreams. In them, a group of strangers and I had to accomplish something in various situations. I had these kinds of dreams nightly for two years. Always dreamed of the same strangers too. Started calling them my Dream Team. lol.

Oddly enough, I also had a dream about being on a spaceship leaving earth. I was looking out the window at one of the sister ships that unexpectedly exploded.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
YES. Ive been having extremely vivid dreams almost on the verge of like lucid dreaming which is odd for me.

Thats because normally i attempt to have lucid dreams and fail miserably but lately they've been so realistic...

like...whoa...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
reply to post by zatara

"i swear i was just somewhere else"

EXACTLY!!!! I have had that feeling repeatedly the past few nights. Dream after dream, and every time I wake up with that "wait, I thought I was somewhere else" feeling. Dreaming isn't that unusual for me, but remembering them is VERY unusual, and having such vivid dreams is way out of the ordinary.

I thought it was just me!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I usually don't post just lurk. I've also been noticing a change in my dream patterns. They tend to be a little more vivid in picture and lucid quality, however, I'm having more trouble recalling them upon waking. I am getting a little more sense of dread and a feeling that I must make peace. Who knows, I could be tied into the bout of insomnia I've been having, having a hard time going to sleep and staying asleep. I don't relish waking up between 3-4 am.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My mother has been telling me about having vivid dreams with extreme detail. She says shes dreaming in a way she never has before. Myself Ive always had strange dreams , so no difference with me, other than they are happening more often. Hopefully something good is coming out of this?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Since the beginning of this year, my dreams have gone major weird.

And when it comes to a Toad, there's no such thing as weird.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have always had weird dreams. I have a recurring dream about UFOs that I have had basically my whole life. I don't recall exactly how many times Ive had the dream but its the same every time and gives off a certain feeling while I am in the dream of wonder and anxiety. There is always a multitude of UFOs and all sorts of different shapes.
edit on 11-1-2012 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join