It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS, a few questions from a noob.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well, first off, I have lurked these forums on and off for a year, and just decided to make an account yesterday, so greetings all. I am wondering, how can i flag a topic? How active are these boards in terms of posts actually getting views and replies, as opposed to cast away into the abyss of new topics? Also, i am looking to be adopted, maybe to be told some guidelines, general manners that apply here and such. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Try here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
For adoption.

Though in a few moments, a mod will be here with your handbook.

Welcome and ask anyone if you have questions.

We'll all help.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Dear Sensi,

Welcome. Peace.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Welcome to the jungle, but...

If you've lurked for a year, then you've seen people refer to T&C. That would be a good place to start.

But in two words...Play nice.

Contribute to the discussion, don't attack on a personnal level, though you will see that from time to time as emotions can get high at times.

Been guilty of that myself early on....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Double post.....

Hmmm, first time that has ever happened to me.

edit on 10-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow, i am very surprised to say the least..
within ten minutes i have gotten three responses, I feel my stay here will be very pleasant. I posted in the adoption forum as well, just thought i would throw that in to anyone looking to help out. I have read the T&C and will follow to the best of my abilities. I am a polite person, and do unto others as i want them to do to me, so no worries about anything negative. As for a little back ground, I am a Buddhist, and live in the states. Work a 9 to 5 job, and hold a firm belief in conspiracies concerning aliens, and hidden government agendas. Hope to see you all around the boards. But i am still wondering, how do i flag topics?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Welcome to ATS. You'll love it here. No name calling and no lying are the rules, (there are plenty others but those 2 are the basic ones I reckon) the rest is all fair game and all part of the ride. Most folk here have a level head unless you start talking about religion, politics, animals, social issues, paranormal things, movies, music, sports or just general chit chat.

People have helped you with adoption so just raise your left trouser leg, say "I do", give everyone a snack, candy or beverage and you're done.

edit on 10/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sensi
But i am still wondering, how do i flag topics?

At the top and bottom of each thread there is a box (on the left) that'll have "Flag"
Hit that.
The box should then change should you ever want to "unflag".

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for the reply.
When you say paranormal, does this concern alien and Cryptological type things or just ghosts, spirits and such?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Welcome to the asylum

The flag is located just under the thread title. You cannot flag your own threads, but you may flag any others you deem worthy of attention.

As for general manners, I have three personal guidelines I go by:

1. Opinions are not facts

2. Arguments are not discussions

3. Insults are not necessary

These have kept me out of trouble so far.

Have fun. Seeya around the boards.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Hi Sensi, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sensi
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks for the reply.
When you say paranormal, does this concern alien and Cryptological type things or just ghosts, spirits and such?

I was attempting (and probably failing miserably) nothing more than a little humour. Here you may discuss every subject except one. Drugs are a no-no.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
OK so I guess I'm "fairly" new here, I've been here since you could "un"flag something and I've noticed, on some threads you get the option to UNflag something but on others you do not get that option! Why is that?

Oh and I'm sorry to try to take over your welcome thread....... I just want to know the answer to that!

Welcome BTW I'm sure you will love it here!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

From what I've noticed, on new threads there is an un-flag option, on older threads not. As soon as you flag a 2 year old thread, it's fixed.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

That is no problem, especially to a fellow Louisiana citizen, and a fellow saints fan judging from your name.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

TY for the prompt reply, i have read all of these, and will follow to the best of my abilities. Sorry for the double post.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

aww thanks, and I am!! and thanks to you LightSpeed!!

top topics

join