It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it almost to a boil??? What will the final straw be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There are a lot of conflicts right now, what do you think will get the ball rolling?

To me it's lookin like Iran and Israel will be at the center of WWIII, but who do you think will jump in and on what sides?

Man i hope think thing waits to get kicked off, i got 9 months left in the military and i already supported a bs war in afghanistan. I just want to hurry and get out already...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
irans next theres no questioning it. and who know what other countries will join after (russia,china)

i hate to tell you my friend that if war starts your 9 months might get longer. as well as a possible draft bringing in a bunch of people.

thanks for your service im sorry you have to deal with our governments love to go to war

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
First off, thanks for your service, i totally respect you for it. :3
I feel this mess with Iran will begin something, but i truly believe we will be the cause for WWIII. You ask if Iran or Iraq will be the cause, but no one ever considers someone attacking the US for all of our terrible deeds. We all think "Who will we attack to begin WW3," but no one ever considers someone attacking us, so that is wheree i cast my vote. To us breaking another nations straw, and them attacking the US... Then again, i have been very paranoid as of late, so this may all just be a fallacy.

Peace.

but in retro spect i didn't answer the main question, i feel it will obviously involve us, but possibly a country who has been laying low through this, like Cuba, or N.Korea will start it off..
edit on 9-1-2012 by Sensi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

China and Russia will assist Iran, as well as most of the East i´d wager. Europe will be slow to decide, as some countries will have nothing to do with it, and others feel they have no choice rather than back the U.S.. at least in the beginning.

Venezuela will also probably back Iran, so might actually attack the US mainland early, due to proximity.

There will be hell on earth for sure if this one starts.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I think that history will say that WWW3 started thirty years ago (or more), but was kept at a simmer. We are now reaching the boiling point.

The irony of it is I enlisted in '79, shortly after the Iranians had taken the embassy hostage thinking I was all patriotice and all that.

And now thirty plus years later, I'm retired.
And I've had enough of war and the stupid political games that are played in the Military. But since I'm still part of the Retired Reserve, they can still call this broken old Soldier back to duty. THAT would really be ironic.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy my time...for the most part.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If either Russia or China gets directly involved, it will be over in hours.

They would launch swift attack the US mainland wipe out a few cities. There won't be any retaliation, because that simply means annihilation. So unless Americans/Westerners are of the view that they are better of dead than not being in a position to dictate to the world, they will start learning to behave like human beings, instead of the psychopaths that they are.

Yeah, an American attack on Iran could trigger this.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
thank you for your service, I think Pakistan will be the next front, Iran will be a drone, Air Force and Israel fight, Pakistan will be like Afghanistan combing the hills looking for you know who, or what, behind every rock and crevice and village. as to the why , Pakistan not doing enough and giving aid to you know who, one more "we will/are cutting off supply lines" would do it.
edit on 10-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

if you were in, this day and age, would you stay in???

i feel like i would rather do what i believe in and be a deserter than go aid the senseless wars the US decides to engage in...

i'd lose all the benefits i've earned thus far and be a fugitive but i would know i did what is right (in my mind).

i (and everyone else in the armed forces) pledged to defend the constitution from enemies foreign and DOMESTIC, but we are nothing but a bunch of pledge breakers... it saddens me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
What about Australia? Do you think they will join in on this?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
reply to post by TDawgRex

if you were in, this day and age, would you stay in???

i feel like i would rather do what i believe in and be a deserter than go aid the senseless wars the US decides to engage in...

i'd lose all the benefits i've earned thus far and be a fugitive but i would know i did what is right (in my mind).

i (and everyone else in the armed forces) pledged to defend the constitution from enemies foreign and DOMESTIC, but we are nothing but a bunch of pledge breakers... it saddens me.

Nope, I wouldn't re-up in today's age. I did grow and learn while in, and it took me 2 1/2 years tp get my approval to retire.

I think that certain individuals were trying to get me to just give up and get out. Like THAT was going to happen..

I ruined the careers of a MSG and a SGM because they were blocking my paperwork. And I had proof.

When people ask me if I miss the Army, I tell them, "I missed the old Army while I was serving in the new one."

I'm very happy I'm out now.

top topics

join