It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The script for alleged Wikileaker Bradley Manning's hearing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

During Pfc. Bradley Manning's legal hearing last month, many observers thought the proceedings seemed scripted. It turns out that, at least in part, they were.

POLITICO has obtained the script, which extends to 18 pages, including various addenda dealing with the handling of classified information. The script lays out statements for the Investigating Officer Lt. Col Paul Almanza and for the prosecutors, while places for comments by defense counsel were generally left blank.

The script was generally adhered to but not entirely. For example, when Almanza closed the hearing to hear classified evidence he said representatives of "relevant government agencies" would be allowed to stay in the courtroom. The script says "relevant victim agencies."

Heres the script.
images.politico.com...

So what kind of dog and pony show is this and what is really happening behind closed doors here. The are reading the court trial by script and they don't care if you know because they release the script for all to see. Thats like rubbing it in your face that no were not telling you the truth about all of this but since you force us to put on a show saying were being open and honest with the public we will put on a scripted show and by the way do you like the script here it is. What a joke! Why do any of it in public if your not even going to hide the fact its a dog and pony show?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Heres a article that talks about how ever body is being shut out of the trial.

Access Blocked to Bradley Manning’s Hearing
www.thenation.com...

No full transcript available
Computers and recording devices banned
Media access denied or rescinded
Overflow theater closed down even when people are barred from the courtroom
No accommodations for disabled and elderly access
Access denied
Wikileaks thrown out

I guess the dog and pony show script was because everybody said wheres the transparency? What a way to answer with a scripted dog and pony show. This is like the scripted reality tv shows called a trial I guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

First question that popped up into my mind; How do we know that this script was existing before the trial, instead of being transcribed after?

Without this vital info, this is a non-issue.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

If it was transcript of the court case they would not of made mistakes between what was said in the court room and what was on the script. But you have to take their word for it since limited people are even allowed in for the short dog and pony show befor being told to leave. And if it was a transcript why would they leave the defense section of the transcript blank? But script on the part of prosecutor not knowing how the defense wants to answer at the time of writing would be blank. But it does bring up the question was the defense given this and asked to agree and also asked to give them a scripted answers of there own?
edit on 9-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

True, some valid points.
I´m sure Ron Paul will end BS such as this, lets just hope he wins or this charade might go on forever. He might be dead before next election.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You have got to remember that Manning's hearing is about classified martial which means by laws guarding national security they can block access to any thing they want how ever they want.

I think they should just waste the 50 cents on a 45 round and pop the traitor in the head. Save tax payer money on keeping the trash incarcerated. He deserves nothing more, the information he released killed people weather he meant to or not. It also ruined a lot of contacts by making them aware of their host country's.

If they can execute the Rosenburgers they can waste manning. He isn't even worth the money to hold him!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

Im curious if you feel the same way about
Scooter Libby?
en.wikipedia.org...
Thomas Andrews Drake?
en.wikipedia.org...
Stephen Jin-Woo Kim?
en.wikipedia.org...
Jeffrey Alexander Sterling?
en.wikipedia.org...

Or how about the selling to the enemies violations?
Haliburton?
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Koch Industries?
www.bloomberg.com...
And one who does not have anything said to them Microsoft? Some how Microsoft software for the Iranian Nuclear Plant was delivered? They fixed their software problem. Im sure you don't get the software from just anywhere.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
None of the above at the time were in the U.S Military when their actions were carried out. I've said before and I'll say it again. When you sign your contract you have no rights you gave them up when you signed. He needs shot. Although I'd say so do the others. Yet they were civvies when they did their crimes. they don't get held to the same bar as the military!

new topics

top topics

join