It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hurricane conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
hey I work at a department store and after seeing all the sales we have been making I began to wonder what if this was because of a conspiracy. A few days ago Ivan was predicted to cut right through Florida and go through where I live. I live about 50 minutes from the east coast so we wouldnt even get at full force. Yesterday the path changed and went north a bit. Now I began to think, how can they keep chaning the path so much back and forth? Maybe they know pretty well where its going to hit but they keep changing the path at the hurricane center or the plane that flies through lies in order to scare a large portion of florida. Why would they do this? To boost the economy of the entire state. People are buying up everything you could possibly need for the hurricane. In my store we have nothing left in our outdoors departments and hardware/saw stuff. Also people have bought up all of the gasoline for the past 3 weeks. Like 70% of gas stations are out of gas already because people are so scared that it will hit even while the predictions have changed. Anyways just a crazy theory lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, I would have to say that the unpredictable nature of hurricaines would explain the way they are forecast. They change course all the time, there is no way that I have heard of that would allow the accurate prediction of where or when landfall will occur even when the storm is almost right on top of you. It could stall or turn making previous predictions worthless. The best information you will get is an informed guess at best.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
yea it is quite random but what if it was made more random then it really was thought to be. scaring a wider population would really boost economic situations in many parts.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hurrican pathing is predicated on the speed and direction of the hurricane, therefore if the 'cane' is moving dead north at 10mph, then the pathing can show Dead North at 10mph AND side to side drift which is why the prediction always shows a larger footprint the farther in advance you predict.

rc

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
That is so funny that you posted this bc I was speaking to my husband about this the other day. We live in the Panhandle and that is where it is "suppose" to hit but they are still talking about Tampa and the keys etc. Also, the reporters are all still down there not up here asking us what is going on. I totally think it is what you are saying. We were thinking the same thing!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is going thru peoples' mind, because US has said "we own the weather". Could this be? hmmmmm...
There's Haarp they futz around with the weather.
Then there's the chem-trails....
I've heard we might just be playing God.
Nah, it couldnt be!

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I heard someone suggest here that the hurricanes may be targetting Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel. If that's the case then Punta Gorda is in the clear now but Panama City is in big trouble. He left there the other day and went to the panhandle. Maybe being a meteorologist he knows something that he isn't telling everyone else. I think I'm ready for some cool fall air. Who's ready for an early end to hurricane season?

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
last weekend here in Albany GA, it was good business when we had a rush of floridians in the city running away from frances so the city did very good for the weekene.

Right now the cool air is staying north and we in the south are having a very wet and humid weather good for storms.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
While a short term gain in retail sales results from issuing storm advisories,
the draining of any reserve $$$ or charging into debt to get these supplies would have a much longer term negative impact than any short term gains.

Plus, why would the government (national weather service) support only key retailers in this manner? (by issuing warnings and forcasts) whats in it for them?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is going thru peoples' mind, because US has said "we own the weather". Could this be? hmmmmm...
There's Haarp they futz around with the weather.
Then there's the chem-trails....
I've heard we might just be playing God.
Nah, it couldnt be!

Dear dgtempe,

I remember seeing that "We Own the Weather" hype on the USAF OFFICIAL SITE years ago. NOW, you cannot find it in GOOGLE at ALL. Also, it was publicized often on Art Bell's site and related boards. It has just been swept under the carpet so to speak, so carefully that I can find NO REFERENCE TO IT.

Can you or anybody post the original link where that statement originated? Even if it is dead now, I would like to see it.

You know, the way that stuff "disappeared" from the net reminds me of people who say their Pit Bull, who is accused of killing somebody's kid, is not actually a pit bull but instead a "staffordshire terrior" and furthermore was never in the area, and by the way, it's not their dog.

Love,

Os

top topics

join