It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town digs out after record 18 FEET of snow-

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It happened in many big cities and medium size towns in Italy, in 1956. Houses were covered by snow and many came out from windows positioned on the roof.
There were about 2/3 meters of snow if not more.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think buffalo new york gets alot of snow, same with wisconsin, but ive seen 10 to 15 ft of snow in missouri when i was very young in the 60s that covered our house and we had to climb out the window on the back of the downhill side of the house, we had snow drifts so high that the highway department couldn't remove them for over 2 weeks be we all managed well because the lake was frozen solid and they could drive snow mobiles and other vehicles on it to bring supplies back and forth to the neighborhoods. oine things for sure, big snow makes great insulation if you have heat

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Those are some awesome pics. Thanks I really enjoyed them. We got snow here but nothing like that.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Maybe seven feet...

ugghh, my back hurts!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ahem , here is a short insert from Whistler Resort In British Columbia .

" Last winter, Whistler enjoyed a sensationally snowy season. Strong Pacific storms cycled through weekly, dropping white decorative dumps onto Whistler’s slopes. In fact, the Resort’s snow stats rank last winter as the 2nd snowiest season on record. Over 1500cms (50 feet!!) of total snowfall blanketed the Resort’s runs last winter, producing prolific powder days and perma-grins.Whistler’s deepest snow year, 1998-1999, buried the Resort beneath 1700cms (56 feet) of powder."

www.examiner.com...
edit on 19-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
a buddy live there and sent me a couple of links.

series of images

valdez images

Thanks very much for the pictures and the real gist of the matter...
All I can say is WOW WOW and not Sham WOW.
Crazy amount of snow for sure.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1   >>

join