It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged Game Developer Spy Sentenced To Death In Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
www.gameinformer.com...

U.S.-born Amir Mirzaei Hekmati has reportedly confessed in Iran to spying for the CIA and spreading propaganda through Kuma Reality Games, and has been sentenced to death.

Now I'm sure you can find more sources of this if you choose to look further more into it but I would like to say a few words.

I didn't think the CIA would go THAT far to promote US propaganda like that. THROUGH VIDEO GAMES TOO! Maybe Battlefield 3 has something to do with this? Whatever the case may be, this soldier should NOT have admitted to being a spy. He was American born and served as a Marine! Things led to things and I guess he became an asset to the CIA, and now here he his, being sentenced to death.

Sad story!

Any words from you? Should he bet sent to death, or at least imprisoned?
edit on 9-1-2012 by TRILL because: Forgot link

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
*points to the thread about all the pretty things in Iran*

Ahhh all better now, no executions in the happy Iranian world in that thread. Just pretty girls, go carts and flowers!

How hard would it be to find his grand parents if they exist and confirm that his story is true, considering his US side family claim he went to visit them. Seems a bit too easy, execute the spy. Everyone who is not from there, is a spy, even mountain climbers.

Executions, lashings, public floggings... nasty place..
edit on 9-1-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What the heck was he doing there if he wasn't up to no good?? He would have HAD to be outright brain dead to think he could actually go into that country and NOT be under a microscope. The first time he so much as took a snapshot of a family member in a back alley, it was curtains for the guy. I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or just feel sad if our tactics in intelligence gathering have become this sloppy and lax.
Then again... We also lost a drone over there, didn't we? One of the best we.....oh never mind. This is what jumped at me though..

Kuma Reality Games, based in New York, has worked on a variety of titles, including military games based on real-life situations such as the death of Osama Bin Laden and Assault On Iran, where you could disable the Iranian nuclear program. Kuma has created training programs for the U.S. Army as contract work.
(from OP article)

It's not like he was out developing games that made a better version of Doom 3 or even a blockbuster like Deus Ex HR:. Oh no, this guy made games specifically about warfare in Iran and against Iranian TARGETS while doing contract work for the military in his free time. Then went to visit family inside Iran. One of the more tyranical nations on Earth for police control, as I've heard it. I mean...just going by un-noticed wasn't real likely I'm thinking. Even Iranians play and watch news about video games.

What was he thinking?? What a tragedy..but I just don't know quite who to blame more.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't know one way or the other about the guy. But, if he was there working for our government, the least they could do is drop Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and say "Our bad. Mind letting him go? We promise we will play nice this time."

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
He said he was a spy and worked for the CIA, so whats the controversy? He stated it as plain fact... death penalty, that we can agree or disagree on, but the fact remains, he admitted he was a spy, so now he is subject to the law of the land.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TRILL

So this guy use to work for Kuma? As in Kuma War? Very interesting. If anyone remembers the games are free to download and were popular during the Counter-Strike era... Here is a website more about Kuma War if you are unfamiliar with it.

Kuma War

This definitely got me scratching my head..

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

uh yeah, im sure they have a criminal justice system that rivals our own in fairness..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
reply to post by againuntodust

uh yeah, im sure they have a criminal justice system that rivals our own in fairness..

Both of us would just be guessing about their justice system since neither of us are educated about it or have experienced it. But more to the point, he went on national TV and said he was a spy in front of millions of people.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join