It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think there's life after death?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hi guys do you think there's life after death that we are here on this world to learn and endure suffering in order to become better beings and ascend to another world like Plato tells in Phaedo? Is it all body or does a soul exist?

My dear father died yesterday with a cardiac arrest caused by a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, he had to live with an oxygen mask and a ventilator 24/7,he suffered a lot and now i want to believe he is on a better place.

One of the things i would like science to discover in my lifetime is about the imortality of the soul. I wouldnt like to think because some crazy ideas passed my mind today that we are a macabre social experiment or simulation game made by intelligent but amoral beings

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

I Hope there is , but knowing for Sure would kind of make our Lives here on Earth Meaningless , would it not ? .........

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Hi Picollo30,

I am very sorry for your loss.

I believe there is most certainly life after death. While some cases are stronger than others, the sheer volume of evidence points to the fact that death is a pleasant experience and reincarnation does indeed exist.

Doctors at the University of Virginia have undertaken extensive research into children who remember past lives. This research was begun by the late Dr. Ian Stevenson, who traveled the world for 40 years, documenting such cases.

The most famous North American case is that of James Leininger, a boy who provided verifiable facts of his past life as a WWII pilot.

It might give you comfort to check out the following BBC documentary on Near Death Experiences entitled The Day I Died.

I hope there are many brighter days ahead for you.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Dear Picollo30,

My sympathy and thoughts go out to you and your family. It is hard to lose a parent. I have lost both of mine in the past few years. I can tell you that it does get easier over time; but, we always remember them.

There are some on this site and on the web who have had near death experiences. I myself had one about three years ago; but, I choose not to discuss the specifics. If you research nde's you will find that we mostly all say the same thing. Firstly, it is more real than real and secondly, after you have had one very few are afraid of the afterlife anymore. There is no way to prove the experience and science will not be able to prove it either, it just is.

Again, my sympathy goes out to you and your family. Peace.

link   

I am sorry for your loss! When my step father died, I also starting thinking about where he went. In my own personal beliefs, I think WE DO have a soul and that soul ascends from out bodies and into heaven or as I like to call it, the 4th Dimension. From there we can choose to stay and hang out for a bit or be reincarnated. I have comfort in knowing that when it's my time to ascend I will see him again along with my grandparents, uncles and so on, if they haven't decided to come back of course. Not trying to convince you that this is what to believe in also, but it's just my take on the situation of death. It's just the body dying, the soul is on an AWESOME journey.

I really do know how you are feeling. There isn't a day that goes by I don't think about my step-father and wish so badly that he was still here in physical form.

link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
Hi guys do you think there's life after death that we are here on this world to learn and endure suffering in order to become better beings and ascend to another world like Plato tells in Phaedo? Is it all body or does a soul exist?

My dear father died yesterday with a cardiac arrest caused by a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, he had to live with an oxygen mask and a ventilator 24/7,he suffered a lot and now i want to believe he is on a better place.

Learn astral projection (conscious out of body experience). There are numerous authors on the subject. Until you experience your existence independent of a physical body, youll never be convinced. But once you do, youll never doubt ever again. If you become adept enough to explore and to remember, youll see that all things mortal and physical are shadows of their immortal, non-physical forms.

Originally posted by Picollo30One of the things i would like science to discover in my lifetime is about the imortality of the soul. I wouldnt like to think because some crazy ideas passed my mind today that we are a macabre social experiment or simulation game made by intelligent but amoral beings

Science is a materialist practice that denounces and rejects all things that are immaterial. The Soul/spirit is not a material thing, nor is it an energetic thing. Consciousness is beyond all form in its essence (though it does manifest through forms upon the different planes), and cannot be measured nor quantified, created nor destroyed. Things that dont closely follow boxed in logic are incompatible with science as we know it, and consciousness certainly refuses to be boxed in.

Bottom line: its better to know, than to think. See the afterlife for yourself while still living, and you wont need to believe one way or the other; youll know it as fact.
edit on 1/9/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

link   
I believe there is - i mean there has to be, life cant be this short

but seriously i think there is, something has to live on from your spirit, even though religions are openly criticized on ATS, they cant all be wrong can they?

and i think its going to be soon when science discovers the true purpose of us.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
In my opinion, there is no doubt there is life after death.
Just look around you, look at the beauty of life, how everything is connected. Look at the universe, isn't that a proof of a higher consciousness since everything has a purpose and seems to be created with intelligence.

Have you ever asked yourself what would be the true meaning of life if there was nothing beyond death? Thinking that we are here to understand things and work on ourselves to get better would then lose all of his sense, because we would only live through one life, therefore loosing everything that has been learned.

Do you find that logical? Do you think that these 'so-called' atheists scientifics who supposedly know everything and reason with logic, doesn't have a damn clue about the true meaning of life thinking we are only beings of matter?

The guy above me already talked about NDE, and I would greatly encourage you to search on that topic. Very fascinating stuff. Scientific to say the least.

I will close my reply with this;

What is a miracle if life itself isn't?
edit on 9-1-2012 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Life is endless.

Your body life is limited though.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
let me put it this way, when I died in hospital, flatlined, it all ever so slowly faded and I could hear the machine beeping and the nurse ran out of the room, it instantly became very cold and I became a floating ghost in a black nothing with swirling lights, floated into the ceiling, into my body where I woke up in another hospital the next night, I was in surgery at 9:30 A.M, woke up the next day at 7 P.M. It felt like one continuous short moment. I was so confused when I woke up the next day, the next week, I still wonder why I was brought back, it felt so close to me being there forever. And I wasn't sucked back into my body, I just drifted into it very delicately, woke up expecting to still be in the same hospital though, I felt like I teleported.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I personally know for a fact that there is life after this physical one... I was taken away in the spirit a few times and scolded for not living better... I used to be the party animal.... Of course it is impossible to scientifically prove, but once a person experiences what I did, there is no doubt whatsoever remaining..

I am sorry that you have lost a dear loved one and I hope and pray he will be taken to a better place..There are people and others beyond this life that care about us human beings far more than any of us can even imagine.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Rest assured friend, there is no such thing as death. When you cross over, the loved ones who have already passed will be there to greet you and you will not be alone. Reincarnation is a surety, and when you cross over the experience is pleasant and similar for all of us.

Death does not exist. If you looked at us at the atomic level, and blew an atom up to the size of an orange, the next nearest atom would be two football fields away. We are 99.99999% space which is filled with energy. Energy never dies it just changes form, as we all do eventually and become one once again with our loved ones and the universe.

Take care

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The question is more like, do you think that physical life is our only mode of existence?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Learn astral projection (conscious out of body experience). There are numerous authors on the subject. Until you experience your existence independent of a physical body, youll never be convinced. But once you do, youll never doubt ever again.

I was going to bring this up, but you said it perfectly.

It's true that once you experience yourself floating around and looking back at your body, you will never doubt life exists after death. I found that looking at my hands was amazing, my "skin" seemed to be completely flawless with no imperfections and I was in my late teens at the time so my skin was quite good even then.

I am that certain life exists after death that part of me actually looks forward to it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I am very sorry for your loss.

I tend to ponder a lot on this subject when i feel down. I do believe there is life after death, there just has to be. I sometimes wonder what it is to pass from on from this life and see what is on the other side. I have a feeling that you will be able to see your father again someday.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your father.

After much reading through various threads here on ATS, I am convinced that Life does in fact exist after death. Our Souls are on an adventure to grow and adapt to the different dimensions. I believe your father has simply embarked on the next leg of his journey and you will get to meet him one day again in another realm of existence.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Do you think there is death after life?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What death? There is no such thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
What death? There is no such thing.

Exactly. Death does not exist.just like Nothing-nothing does not exist.Energy transforms.Everything in the Multiverse transforms. The body is just temporary, a denser expression of Soul.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Hi, So sorry you lost your Dad.
To answer your question, I'm in my mid thirties now and ever since I can remember I have been certain that we cannot die. No one in my family had an opinion on this when I was a small enquiring mind, they still don't in fact. But with every year that passes and with all the experiences i've had, that belief is confirmed more and more.
I absolutely believe in reincarnation and that you will be reunited when the time is right.
My opinion differs slightly on this theme to that mentioned by another poster. When we go back to source and reflect before incarnating again, part of your spirit stays with source and part of it comes back here, you will decide what percentage of your spirit is required in order to get you through the next life you choose.
Basically, even if your father incarnates again the spirit you know as Dad will always be there to greet you.
I would strongly urge you to read 2 books by Dr Newton on inbetween lives regression therapy, as with accounts of nde's all of his clients have very similar accounts on exactly what happens when you die.
It discusses soul groups, viewing the Akashic records, choosing your next life based on what we were unable to accomplish this time around, etc.
As i've mentioned on ats before, these books helped me to understand my own family and personal relationships from another perspective. Very comforting.
Best wishes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join