It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is mobbed by Reporters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

He asked for more media attention and he got it. But a little more came on the plate.... A huge mob of reporters.

This guy is not just a Presidential Candidate, hes a rock star. The media knows who they can make the most money off of and Ron Paul is a clear winner.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Blundo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Looooooooool at 3:40

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

I live in america. I have been noticing that the media has been getting way out of control. First of the media is no longer there to bring you the news that will most effect your life or help you, but now it is covering stories for what they can make the most money off. As you can see in this video the media is rudely interrupting Ron Paul trying to eat with is family. Do people really need to see video of him eating so bad that is forces the reporters to interrupt his life?
Thanks for posting.
Really interesting.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
As hard as it may be to believe, I haven't been too interested in the elections yet. But I did hear, here on ATS, that the powers that be and the media were conspiring to sabotage Paul and deny him coverage. Did we get the conspiracy angle wrong? Or is there a deeper conspiracy that says giving him coverage will hurt him?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

If I owned that Diner , and all those people showed up Without Buying Anything , I would ask them to Leave Immediately or I would call the Cops on them for Loitering ..........

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

IT isn't a conspiracy that the media has been shafting RP, it is common knowledge...

I'm pretty sure you knew that, but it looks like you were spinning it in some way because you don't support RP?

It really is just media abuse.... They use and abuse whomever... When it comes to RP, the media tries to twist things alot because they hate the guy.. You already knew that though....

(It's okay, you can be honest--- everyone on ATS can tell either way)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wonder if they had to spray that mob of reporters with Pam to stuff them all in that little diner....

edit on 9-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

After Mr. Paul Finally Drove away , some kid in the Crowd yelled " Hey , there goes his Cat ! " ...............

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
LOL, what's up with the pigs in the Mustang with "Tax meat" signs?? (4:15)
Seriously tho, that was pure madness!

edit on 9-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Ron Paul isn't short on coverage as much as it is the 'Big 3' of CNN, Fox and MSNBC. The majority of cable news people watch one or more of those and those organizations would find a way to make Paul look bad saving a baby from a burning building.

No, it looks like wild, out of control mobs of news coverage is one thing Paul isn't short on. The guy can't even have dinner in peace. Yikes...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this video. I was wondering how RP would be received in NH. Now I know. Looking good.

Ron Paul 2012

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Some you tube comments (on this video and another one uploaded today) say Ron Paul's wife was shoved.
Turns out she was shoved during this mob event.
This article, mentions the incident, and the article also mentions the campaign apologizing to customers and management of the diner.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Seriously why hasn't he been given security? I understand the media attention, im in Australia and even 'm watching everything he does.
But the crowd could easily turn into a mob a dangerous mob.
And that boofhead on the pa system

anyway go get em Ron.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sometimes celeb's and politicians pre-alert the media as to where they'll be so this kind of thing will happen. I think this is what's happened. The huge frenzy of reporters, the costumed pigs there for show, etc. I think this is Paul's way of riding out his recent Iowa placings. Think about it. He placed 3rd in Iowa, so he's getting some attention. You can't just let it die there. You have to make these things happen to make it look as if your bigger than life. People know about the recent placings in Iowa. Now this to. This keeps your momentum going from the previous caucus. I promise Ronnie boy wasn't bothered one bit. These types of things are usually pre-arranged to happen or go down in a certain way and at a certain time. It's not just Paul, they all do it.

Who am I? Who are you? Or anyone reading this thread? No one that everybody knows. We can do nothing just like we are right now for popularity purposes and we won't matter to the majority. Make one simple change by keeping us constantly on tv and on the news and all of a sudden we start to matter. Doesn't matter what we believe or say we'll do. It just matters because we make people wonder. Positively or negatively. Constant publicity makes people wonder and pay attention and that's all that matters. Obama election 2008 proved this. This is the key to winning a presidency or anything else. You have to be seen. You have to have the resources to pay the right people to keep you on tv constantly or in the media constantly. Paul knows this and this is him using this invaluable tool for the moment.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The title is a bit misleading.

He wasn't going there for dinner with his family...it was a planned campaign stop for a meet and greet with NH voters.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Dear alienreality,

I feel I must respond, I'm three parts confused and two parts hurt. I am not dishonest, I have never lied here, even my screen name is completely true. I'm a little disappointed that I don't have a reputation for honesty yet, but I'll keep working on it.

In an Obama - Paul race, I would vote for Paul every time and would encourage others to do so. I don't know if Paul is the best Republican candidate, he may be. I am intentionally waiting for the summer before I start studying it thoroughly. Too many things can happen in the next ten months.

I remembered seeing threads here that said Paul was being ignored, not getting any media coverage, even his name was being blacked out in polls. This diner event seemed like a real change, so I wondered what happened. Even the posters in this thread have slightly differing opinions on what it means that Paul is being covered.

There are some ATSers that I think may be a little too blindly following Paul, but that's a different issue.

And, no, I am not spinning anything any way. I'm probably too sensitive and thin skinned, but I'll admit that stung.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
The title is a bit misleading.

He wasn't going there for dinner with his family...it was a planned campaign stop for a meet and greet with NH voters.

fixed

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This article says there were over 120 reporters at the event. It looks like a few people were falling over eachother, tripping over stuff, creating havoc for the employees and customers at the restaurant, and in the OP video, it looks like there was about to be a fight between a couple reporters. One person even fell into Paul.

news.yahoo.com...

At one point, a sound operator fell into Paul's back, nearly knocking him over, prompting the candidate to complain, "there's no need for that."

"This is really chaotic!" Meagan Garvey, a high school student from Massachusetts, told Yahoo News. Garvey was struck by a falling reporter who was frantically trying to keep up with Paul as he made his brief lap around the room.

The waitresses at Moe Joe's weren't anywhere as demure as they high-school student. "Enough! Go around!" they shouted at reporters attempting to enter a room by traveling through their work area.

Paul's national campaign chairman said in a statement that Paul was "forced" to leave Moe Joe's after over 120 reporters-- including a "influx" of foreign journalists-- created an "unsafe" environment, adding that Paul's wife was "shoved aside" by a reporter.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
Seriously why hasn't he been given security?

The Secret Service provides security to candidates, but he can decline. My guess is that he probably did.

So, if Ron Paul wanted to be protected, he could be. But if he was, his supporters would likely complain about something... Maybe the way they're dressed or how tall they are.

It's too bad Ron Paul can't get his coverage just right for his supporters. First, he's ignored by the media and then he's got too much coverage. It's always something...
edit on 1/10/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Ron Paul has to ask for protection.

What drives me crazy is that Cain asked for it, and got it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join