It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. lawmaker : I shoplifted because of my tumor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure pal!

Calif. lawmaker pleads no contest in shoplift case

A California lawmaker pleaded no contest Friday to stealing leather pants and other merchandise from a Neiman Marcus store in an incident her attorney blamed on a benign brain tumor.

Assemblywoman Mary Hayashi entered the plea in San Francisco Superior Court after the judge reduced a theft charge against her from a felony to a misdemeanor at a prosecutor's request.

This is such BS... yet again the ``elected`` being treated as they were above the law... disgusting.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If i were the judge i would have asked one question.
How does stealing leather pants relate or help ur brain tumor?
I also agree with you that are system is screwed up and we need to find a better way to deal with idiots.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

"It is being treated," he added. "It's no longer affecting her concentration or her judgment."

...her condition "can lead to some absentmindedness."

So, which is it? Is she no longer affected or is she prone to absentmindedness?

Hayashi has no plans to resign from office, Warren said.

If she were representing me, I would be working up a petition demanding it.

And here's the punch line

Hayashi, 44, who is married to Alameda County Superior Court Judge Dennis Hayashi...

Why am I not surprised?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

My thoughts exactly, that is absolutely crazy.

It's both not affecting her judgement AND causing absent mindedness?

She can't have it both ways. Well, I guess she got it both ways though....

Yet another instance of the "justice" system showing it's bias and corruption, I think.
edit on 9-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hey, now wait a minute guys.... Let's not be so hasty to judge. Now this poor woman sounds like she must suffer a terrible affliction which just overwhelms all pretense of good judgement and self control. After all, only that level of effect would explain an unthinkable thing like a lawmaker pulling a 5 finger discount?

As part of recognizing this challenge she has so bravely admitted and, in fact, demanded she has from a physical tumor I think it's only right we take this to the logical conclusion. Society must, naturally, ban her from political office of any kind for life. After all, if she can shoplift and be completely out of control..who knows what else, right?

She said it right there, all by herself. Of course we should take her at her word.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The Charles Whitman defense. I have seen a brain tumor make a person change in many different ways. Anyone that deals with the brain knows this.
edit on 9/1/12 by Arkansas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Did he mean tumor in his ethics or his conscience?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas

I had one myself once but it didnt affect me like that

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I've heard leather pants can make people act strange...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bussoboy

I'm not making excuses but we are all about facts here. So the possibility is there that she was looped. The brain is a funny thing and even a small change from an outside force can cause people to go crazy. It may not be homicidal crazy but abnormal behavior. Anyways shes a Cali politician this is the norm there all crazy.

new topics

top topics

join