It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers Dental First Aid Kit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Today I was restocking and updating a few supplies in my first aid kit, and realized I really didn't have a dedicated dental first aid kit. Did a little searching, and after reading a few places, I found this site to be right up my ally.

It is geared towards Preppers. Also has many relevant links to other first aid sites.

Excerpt from site...

Imagine Pulling Your Own Teeth

by M.D. Creekmore on December 16, 2009

Stocking sufficient toothpaste, brushes, rinse and floss to last several years can be done rather cheaply, this stuff would also make excellent barter goods, in the event of an all-out collapse.

www.thesurvivalistblog.net...

edit on 9-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

link please

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Actually I believe toothbrushes do more harm than good.
Try flossing and using peroxide for mouthwash.
My debtist.... err dentist is stumped with me when I tell him every time that I have used a soft brush maybe twice in between visits and still no cavities, well i have had 3 of them. (cavities)
Brushes do better at removing your enamel than plaque.
edit on 9-1-2012 by g146541 because: to fix

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

True that, also avoid the Flouride like the plague.

There are plenty of alternatives.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

link please

Don't get old it sucks...here's the link, will also add it to OP. TY for letting me know....

www.thesurvivalistblog.net...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the tip on the dental emergency kit. My daughter is a dental assistant, she can help me out with this stuff if TSHTF and I have a dental problem that needs intervention. It's good to have this stuff in any case, because most dental problems always seem to occur on weekends and holidays....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by g146541

True that, also avoid the Flouride like the plague.

There are plenty of alternatives.

can you give any advise to how to live flouride free?
since its in the american water supply we dont have any choice but to ingest it every day. anything you buy from the grocery store was made with water, bread,beer,soda,butter, candy etc. etc...um pretty much everything that was pre-processed.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The book I have is call "When there is no Dentist."
PDF "When There is no Dentist"

Also get several types of antibiotics. Its good to brush up on the nerves in the jaw. If you happen to get into a stockpile of dental equip. You would know where to stick the Novocaine.

As far as being fluoride free HA that's not going to happen. Unless you distill and only use the Dr Collins paste.
edit on 9/1/12 by Arkansas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

You really can't without living in a biodome.
But you can be aware of what you put into your body, no packaged/boxed foods, get a filtration system for your water, Etc.
As far as bathing goes, the fluoride that gets on your skin is so miniscule, it probably wouldn't even measure a trace, steam contains no fluoride as fluoride is heavier than steam.
Now fluoride is supposed to be a topical treatment (not for ingestion).
I guess some guy in a lab coat said it was good to put on our teeth, I really dunno, but I do fine with almost none in my life. 3 cavities in all in nearly a half century.

So I would say all in all, your apocalyptic tooth kit will not need toothpaste of mouthwash.
But if you choose, go for it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I pay next to nothing for toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss.

I am a couponer.

I bought five tubes of colgate for a dollar today. I had five 75 cent off coupons and found it on sale for 94 cents.

I can usually get my floss for free. They are 97 cents at walmart and once a month (usually) there are dollar off coupons in the first sunday paper of the month.

There are also coupons for other first aid supplies in the paper too.

Coupon preview link

edit on 9-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

This stuff is good to have a supply of I think:

www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_2?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1326204109&sr=1-2

You can use it to fill cavities,or replace fillings that have come out.
I always take some with me when I go overseas,and it has saved me a lot of money and pain on a few different occasions.

It says its temporary,but I had one last over 18months once-My dentist checked it out and said it looked like a good job,so we decided to leave it to see how long it lasted.
Dentist was amazed it lasted so long.
Some of the dentists professional fillings don't last that long!

Really handy stuff in a survival/low money situation.

(You have to sterilize the cavity first-I use oil of cloves for that.)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

This stuff is good to have a supply of I think:

www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_2?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1326204109&sr=1-2

You can use it to fill cavities,or replace fillings that have come out.
I always take some with me when I go overseas,and it has saved me a lot of money and pain on a few different occasions.

It says its temporary,but I had one last over 18months once-My dentist checked it out and said it looked like a good job,so we decided to leave it to see how long it lasted.
Dentist was amazed it lasted so long.
Some of the dentists professional fillings don't last that long!

Really handy stuff in a survival/low money situation.

(You have to sterilize the cavity first-I use oil of cloves for that.)

That's quite amazing.

I must add to this thread that there are people who never had cavities or only two or three.
Those people have it in the genes and shouldn't say that certain resources as toothpaste don't work simply because they in general don't get cavities.

Some people need toothpaste because they have weaker teeth and some have stronger teeth because of their genes.
edit on 10/1/12 by novuslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Will order some of this today. Thanks for bringing this info to the thread

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by novuslibertas

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

That's quite amazing.

I must add to this thread that there are people who never had cavities or only two or three.
Those people have it in the genes and shouldn't say that certain resources as toothpaste don't work simply because they in general don't get cavities.

Some people need toothpaste because they have weaker teeth and some have stronger teeth because of their genes.
edit on 10/1/12 by novuslibertas because: (no reason given)

[color=deepskyblue]I agree that it would be a good thing to have on hand. Even if you have 'good' teeth. Especially for women because pregnancy and menopause can have an effect on your teeth that you might not expect.
edit on 10-1-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Look at third world countries and the inhabitant’s teeth. They don't eat sugar. NO cavities. Quit eating sweets. It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

top topics

join