It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Watch 2012

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Southern England. Hot rain.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Rain tests. A new testor in Green Ohio.

And our bud in Southern Brazil seems to have a crush on a gal in New England. Wouldn't it be nice if some good came out of all this!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This brave man proves those government gumball machines [radiation monitures] are lying everyday with his great work.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

There's a Facebook message today that I have been unable to copy, but Heidi Huttner says that according to her friend Cathy Iwane in Japan, test burns (of radioactive rubble in Japan) in Osaka are scheduled to start on Thursday November 29th at 9am local time, continuing through Friday November 30, 2012. So heads-up to all of us, especially on the Pacific Coast, even though there's a several day timelag involved (the days that it takes air currents to get from Japan to North America). The good news? It has been raining in Japan, which may be why the test burn is scheduled for this week anyway; therefore, much of the material released in that test burn may not get airborne.
edit on 11/28/2012 by Uphill because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes I've bumped into Cathy and Heidi many times on FB. They are straight-up ladies.
Today's jet stream.

You'll need a surfboard in Grand Rapids Minnesota. second or third day for this. High 108 CPM, Low 24. Average was 54 CPM

And east of the Great lakes I got a "Happy Nukemas" from the nuke gang in my freezing rain.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uphill
reply to post by Aircooled

There's a Facebook message today that I have been unable to copy, but Heidi Huttner says that according to her friend Cathy Iwane in Japan, test burns (of radioactive rubble in Japan) in Osaka are scheduled to start on Thursday November 29th at 9am local time, continuing through Friday November 30, 2012.

So heads-up to all of us, especially on the Pacific Coast, even though there's a several day timelag involved (the days that it takes air currents to get from Japan to North America).

The good news?

It has been raining in Japan, which may be why the test burn is scheduled for this week anyway; therefore, much of the material released in that test burn may not get airborne.

Greetings:

Thanks for the heads-up.

We'll spread the word...check this out:

All-time Darwin Award: The Nuclear Industry

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My buddy in Brazil skimmed the black crap off the top of a puddle at his down spout, then put both his geigers [one at a time] on the paper towel sample, to show the calibration is about even. Looks like about 40 X background.

And from southern England.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
We have a new testor in Alabama.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hot rain in Ohio.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
More "Baffled Experts"
INDIANAPOLIS – Thyroid cancer, which affects about 11 people per 100,000 each year, seems to be on the rise. It's a trend that baffles medical researchers.
usatoday30.usatoday.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Things at fuk are not getting better. Everybody will need a geiger soon just to see if the spuds are screaming at the market! Geigers won't tell you if food is mildly contaminated, though. For that you'd need more expensive equipment [Thousands]. Really with our approaching new reality, the grocery stores should have them at the checkout.... but that's not going to happen.
I use a soeks geiger. After a over a year of testing I can tell you they are a good little geiger. They are limited in that they only measure cesium 137 [Beta] [man-made] They won't tell you how much Cobalt or plutonium 236/239, or strontium 90 is raining down on you, but they give you a glimpse into what your getting and they seem to be fairly accurate. I've got together with other checkers and compared numbers. Run them side by side, you know? They jive.
Inspectors are great but more than double the price and they seem to have quite a waiting list. If you can find one grab it.
A friend who keeps an eye on new products recommends the PRM 9000. It catches more isotopes and you can stream 24/7. I think they go for about 700 clams on e-bay.
I do my indoor [winter], outdoor, [summer] air tests the low tech way. I jot down numbers for an hour and graph them on Exel, then screen cap.
Here are some of my indoor tests from the last week or so, in eastern Ontario in microsieverts per hour. I randomly test at different times of day.
Dec 10th

Dec 11th.

Dec 12th

Dec 13th. The most normal one of the bunch. No spikes

Dec 14th 2 hour test. I was curious how much it would vary from hour to hour?

Dec 16th. Yeah I know.... I slacked off on the 15th

Note the last spike was 4 cycles.

Dec 18th. Today. The spike to 0.56 was preceeded by a 0.39 and my geiger showed one single tall red bar in that little strike window. No Yellow Bars like I usually see on air tests. This is the first time I've seen that Red bar on an air test. Hot particle?

And in Hawaii today they hit 117 CPM and averaged 53 cpm

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Only smiley face bubble gum machine geigers allowed in Japan, from now on.
fukushima-diary.com...

Radioactive ash from burning rubble.

7.1 thousand trillion Bq of Cs-134/137 and 1.1 ten quadrillion Bq of Iodine-131 released to the sea from 3/26 to 9/30
fukushima-diary.com...

England rads again.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Oh! god Nuclear power is the most dangerous power on the earth and for decades together it effects the human life. People need to dispose it very very carefully, it is hazardous.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Dec 30th 012. Kauai in alert again...Princeville, HI, US
Total Counts 12,428
Average CPM 43
Minimum CPM 18
Maximum CPM 221

Ok, Eastern Ontario Dec 30th 012, Sunny -15 Celsius / 5 Farenheit. Two 45 minute air tests, back to back. 9:30 to 11:00 am. Both tests had an Avg of 0.13 microsieverts per hour, but Part 1 had spikes to 0.49, 0.31, 0.34, 0.29, 0.30, and a bunch of 0.21's at the end. The readings calmed down in part 2 after a spike to 0.29 and 0.21

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Jan 5th 013 Princeville Hawaii
Average CPM 50
Minimum CPM 17
Maximum CPM 314

Oh.... we have an update. Hang on to your Moo moo's.
Princeville Hawaii.
Average CPM 53
Minimum CPM 17
Maximum CPM 884

Sort of dwarfs the first one eh?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
More coming down in the southern hemisphere. Southern Brazil. Again, these are calibrated to cesium 137.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Greetings:

Please join us here:

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join