It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else bothered by the way most US citizens react to tyranny?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ItanimuliiluminatI

When people start saying yeah but we dont have it as bad as china, afghanistan etc or if you dont like it you can leave...this is part of the memetic programming that is built into the system. We keep us all in line with group think and tribal mentality. This is how so few control so many.

One example
Be like a cancer patient going over to the area of the hospital thats treating people with severe HIV and telling the HIV patient....be grateful you dont have cancer.

As with everything surrender is the path to freedom...I cannot become free of Mind Control until i admit and surrender to the fact i am mind controlled. We are all mind controlled with false belief systems in varying degrees.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
id rather spend anyday of the week in a fema camp, working slave labor and eating soup and bread...

than spending just 1 hour in iran, or any other middle eastern country for that matter

Careful what you wish for cowboy

edit on 10-1-2012 by SL55T0T0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I can understand that people would think that complaints about the Patriot Act and NDAA are alarmist -- nothing really that draconian has affected us. Well, the groundwork precedes the construction folks -- and the Groundwork for the Economic disaster that happened in the derivatives market (the Mortgage market was merely the basis for the fantasy paper), was enabled by the repeal of Glass/Stegal, just as something MUCH WORSE is being prepared for by the Patriot Act, the NDAA and the Citizen Deportation bill.

If a person were forward-looking. They might think that the population moving to 8 Billion while the resources humanity uses currently surpassing 150% of the carrying capacity of the planet might mean trouble in the future. Or a person might think that, reflecting MOST of US history, the Economic Royalists just want their power back and the vast majority of people to be fearful, desperate and well behaved.

The assumption that the last 70 years of relative prosperity is the norm for Capitalism, and especially the USA, is to ignore the truly unique bit of civil protections that were added by FDR -- it is a fluke, and the Capitalists take credit for a brief period in history when they weren't controlling everything.

So when Haliburton or Exxon owns your local water supply. When the biggest polluter sell's you the air purifier you need to live in your house. When the cost of food becomes greater than housing for most people -- THAT'S when we might think that the "firm hand" of fascism comes into play.

Before protesting, it's probably important to understand WHO and WHAT you are protesting -- and why would they bother to change anything because a group of people got on THEIR news program. Occupy Wallstreet did accomplish a great thing; changing the narrative and what people talk about. But it's easy for one bad act to be blamed on the whole group, then an army of shills and bootlickers will flood the nets and claim that "they deserved it." The narrative gets controlled by the Media -- yet the most anti-Big Government and anti-Media people (as they self-identify as such), are the people who sound MOST LIKE the media.

>> TL;DR ....
My advice; Go Big or Stay Hidden!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

When people start saying yeah but we dont have it as bad as china, afghanistan etc or if you dont like it you can leave...this is part of the memetic programming that is built into the system. We keep us all in line with group think and tribal mentality. This is how so few control so many.

One example
Be like a cancer patient going over to the area of the hospital thats treating people with severe HIV and telling the HIV patient....be grateful you dont have cancer.

As with everything surrender is the path to freedom...I cannot become free of Mind Control until i admit and surrender to the fact i am mind controlled. We are all mind controlled with false belief systems in varying degrees.

So true.
Nobody is going to accept that they are manipulated -- the more manipulated one is, the less they are aware of it. I'm in marketing, and billions of dollars are spent each year on advertisements, promotions and new ways to make the public WANT a product -- why would companies spend money if people are not influenced by messaging?

When the News shows have a debate, say about our "current economic crisis" -- the frame may be; "Is the Deficit causing the job crisis?" The viewer is then going to be pro Deficit spending, or agree with those who think that we've got to get our financial house in order. The REAL problem, however, is that money is being taken FROM the public / government services, and being redirected. The real problem, is you cannot have a Democracy if Capitalists have free reign - this has ALWAYS been true. What is not part of the discussion or "frame" is that our economic, judicial and ruling system is too corrupt but continue the Standard Operating Procedure of creating crisis which must be solved by paying lots of money to the people who caused it.

>> We don't have it as bad as China, or Latin America -- YET. The Billionaires in this world for the most part, have made lots of money exploiting people -- and what was done to Latin America or in sweatshops in China, has to expand. Our system is all about constant expansion. Only by taking over government functions like Social Security, health care, and things like water supplies, can the robber barons find more plunder -- it's not as if there is going to be a population explosion of an even CHEAPER labor force -- and where does the future MARKET come from that you can sell cheap products to if it isn't a growing Chinese middle class?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

id rather spend anyday of the week in a fema camp, working slave labor and eating soup and bread...

than spending just 1 hour in iran, or any other middle eastern country for that matter

Do you think thyll just imprison you and leave you alone? Yeah youll Get that meal after maybe 10 hours of torture and experiments conducted on you..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

What you expect we're sheltered here and told that we're awesome and the rest of the world sucks. We're also told that this actually freedom (which it's obviously not) and rest of the world except for some of Europe is ruled by cruel dictators that want nothing more than genocide. we're naive duh.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

We don't have it as bad as China, or Latin America -- YET. The Billionaires in this world for the most part, have made lots of money exploiting people -- and what was done to Latin America or in sweatshops in China, has to expand.

Funny thing is....these nations arent seperate from us...its all conglomerated into one large infected tumor called G20

The G stands for
Greed20

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If by lack of a reaction is what you mean, then yes yes and yes!!!!

This country's so pathetic...They all get what they deserve when it happens I am taking myself out.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
I can understand that people would think that complaints about the Patriot Act and NDAA are alarmist -- nothing really that draconian has affected us. Well, the groundwork precedes the construction folks -- and the Groundwork for the Economic disaster that happened in the derivatives market (the Mortgage market was merely the basis for the fantasy paper), was enabled by the repeal of Glass/Stegal, just as something MUCH WORSE is being prepared for by the Patriot Act, the NDAA and the Citizen Deportation bill.

If a person were forward-looking. They might think that the population moving to 8 Billion while the resources humanity uses currently surpassing 150% of the carrying capacity of the planet might mean trouble in the future. Or a person might think that, reflecting MOST of US history, the Economic Royalists just want their power back and the vast majority of people to be fearful, desperate and well behaved.

The assumption that the last 70 years of relative prosperity is the norm for Capitalism, and especially the USA, is to ignore the truly unique bit of civil protections that were added by FDR -- it is a fluke, and the Capitalists take credit for a brief period in history when they weren't controlling everything.

So when Haliburton or Exxon owns your local water supply. When the biggest polluter sell's you the air purifier you need to live in your house. When the cost of food becomes greater than housing for most people -- THAT'S when we might think that the "firm hand" of fascism comes into play.

Before protesting, it's probably important to understand WHO and WHAT you are protesting -- and why would they bother to change anything because a group of people got on THEIR news program. Occupy Wallstreet did accomplish a great thing; changing the narrative and what people talk about. But it's easy for one bad act to be blamed on the whole group, then an army of shills and bootlickers will flood the nets and claim that "they deserved it." The narrative gets controlled by the Media -- yet the most anti-Big Government and anti-Media people (as they self-identify as such), are the people who sound MOST LIKE the media.

>> TL;DR ....
My advice; Go Big or Stay Hidden!

I was with Occupy in SLC when we were mobbed by overwhelming militarized police force and I saw the coverage the news stations provided. I was shocked at the degree of venom in the comments sections of the various newspapers regarding the Occupy movement. Most stated that we deserved that and worse for being a bunch of stinky tent-pooping hippies...which was very, very far from the truth. Interestingly enough, the same folks flipped a nutter when Obama breathed a bit about removing gun rights on fed land. I think the "ducks of a different feather" principle that TPTB have tried soooo hard to instill in each of us has taken hold on a visceral, fundamental level and will not be changed until the evidence for it is stomping on our collective faces with hob nailed boots.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Good thread to read through here, I have one comment to make and that is for the non believers that things are bad indeed.
I dare anyone whom does not live there to take a drive through Detroit at night and stick to the side roads.
I have been there years ago and I thought I was in a war zone.

I thought about trying Chicago or Washington but lost my nerve after some flash backs.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
On the other side, the minute someone criticizes the Iranian government watch out! People will be on you wondering how you could dare criticize a government on the other side of the world when there are problems here at home.

Who cares if Iran hangs gays, our bankers are ripping us off!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
On the other side, the minute someone criticizes the Iranian government watch out! People will be on you wondering how you could dare criticize a government on the other side of the world when there are problems here at home.

I agree!

Stop policing the world, it's their problem they can sort it out.
They can either leave or band together themselves without our nose in it and fix it....NOT our problem!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

We don't have it as bad as China, or Latin America -- YET. The Billionaires in this world for the most part, have made lots of money exploiting people -- and what was done to Latin America or in sweatshops in China, has to expand.

Funny thing is....these nations arent seperate from us...its all conglomerated into one large infected tumor called G20

The G stands for
Greed20

>> And the thing that people don't notice is that ALL THESE NATIONS ARE IN DEBT! To who? To someone outside their borders.

Any nation that doesn't want to be in debt, merely needs to pass a law that charges those who BENEFIT enough of a fee to pay for their profit-making activities. Unfortunately, their is this new religion called "earners" and somehow a Union member who asks for $3 more per hour is RUINING COMPETITION, while in the same breath, the executive or owner getting compensated has no Limits -- and we are to assume they will create more jobs the more money they have.

When a company like GE or GM wants to go into debt; to reduce tax profile, to shake off some Union or pension obligations, or to whatever -- they merely have to PAY MORE for something they use in their business from a subsidiary. Is there any watchdog that makes sure that a vital screw doesn't cost $20 each? So GM gets to claim great progress in the stock market, but poverty to the IRS so they pay almost no taxes while getting handouts from states that competitively bid to have the honor of employing people in a GM factory.

The result is a REVENUE shortfall, which has to be paid for by Federal Notes and Bonds -- it becomes part of the national Debt.

On top of that, there is about a 3% built-in inflation rate because we pay the consortium of banks who are part of the Federal Reserve (a private corporate conglomerate with no oversight) to rent our own money. It's probably TOO COMPLICATED because I cannot understand why the government cannot print it's own money and just buy it's own federal notes with it's own US dollar and skip the middle man -- but I suppose, that's why the .1% get a yearly windfall of 3% of all new money.

Then it goes into their banks and we borrow it from them. Then they take the note and use that to trade a few hundred times bits of paper, and at each transaction, a tiny management fee picks away at all the value such that my House is a tiny fraction of what it represents in fantasy money.

We've gone from Corporations paying around 40% of the tax bill to around 7-9% today. That revenue gap has never been met with less spending -- it has become the deficit and that becomes the debt.

The Oil companies buy politicos who make sure we send OUR military to fight for THEIR oil. Did they pay for that service? Well, on top of the billions we pay to make them drill the oil in the oceans where it's at, we just pick up the tab. Many of the top Oil companies paid no taxes and got some back.

The WalMart children use the billions they "won" by being lucky sperm in a great country where a man like Sam Walton can make a lot of money -- and they use it to lobby to lower capital gains, "death taxes" and the tariffs of Job-destroying imports from China. Thank you so much, American taxpayer, for covering the bill to allow their workers to be underpaid and collect government assistance!

>> The many bites of the many parasites goes unabated, and the same person who pushed the idea of lower taxes, is enjoying payments to offshore bank accounts while their ownership in some media companies makes sure people are all confused about how Spain and Greece are going bankrupt. How can ALL the nations be mostly in debt? We owe the money to the people who bought our politicians so that they would make sure that nations over-paid and under taxed their benefactors.

What's to stop our President from paying 10x for mercenaries who merely benefit Shell, BP and other companies in Iraq from sticking us with the tab? Obviously, nothing.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by nightbringr

I agree!

Stop policing the world, it's their problem they can sort it out.
They can either leave or band together themselves without our nose in it and fix it....NOT our problem!

I agree with the goal but NOT the reason.

The US military by and large has not been Policing anything -- it's been an enforcer for the mob. We support tin-horn dictators around the world. Columbian union organizers are at greater risk than judges. We are NOT getting rid of dictators to bring Democracy -- merely getting rid of mis-behaving tyrants who don't help the multinational corporations who our CIA and Pentagon work for.

I've often heard the excuse that Iraq was NOT about Oil resources or getting them to trade in dollars again -- because the American people never made any money on the war. It's a cute idea -- but it was never about US pillaging -- it was about Multinational corporations. Just like the US Chamber of Commerce MOSTLY lobbies for visas for imported tech workers and ways to outsource jobs -- it's another multinational conglomerate with no interest in our benefit.

>> Pulling out 100% from the world is foolish. In that vacuum would rush China and Russia playing the same game of exploitation. What the US should do is create a real coalition of mutual defense militias that the local governments support, but that would come to the aid of any nation attacked in the short term. The US could scale back and ONLY interfere when the pack was threatened.

The over 700 military bases around the world are a clear sign of empire -- but we also cannot mothball them all, and some of them do create stability.

The MAIN problem with our military is who it works for, and the agenda of cheap labor, resources and empire. It costs us so much because it doesn't serve us.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I can understand that people would think that complaints about the Patriot Act and NDAA are alarmist -- nothing really that draconian has affected us.

Please explain that. It bothers the he11 out of me? When Our Country decides or the imbeciles running security think my 9 yr old daughter or anyone's grandmother in there late 60's plus are a National security threat? I want to see the evidence and proof of what they have thwarted. I want to here one story...just one..what has the TSA prevented by raping a Citizen? I look forward to that answer.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Actually, I do believe that alot of us would not be here if it were not for government.
You may be a super duper survivalist prepper macho man but, what if your Dad was a total idiot?
(Please calm down, the question was what if)
You might ave never been born.
The idea of government troops also keeps down the packs of roving armed men.
The idea of government also keeps the lynch mobs at bay.
I am not a cheerleader for big government but some government is a good thing.
It's just when you attach the "big" word to it that it becomes a burden.

Very well spoken sir. Some government is a good thing. It is only when government gets too large and in charge you get problems and unhappiness due to intrusion and rights infringement. Without government we would not have the internet. Too much government and you have a censored internet. By the time that Internet 2.0 is in full operation people will be craving for the heydays of the internet with zero censorship.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
the people in the FBI, the CIA, the PENTAGON, the National Guard, the police depts or association speaking for them, and all Management/directors of the SP500 or Dow 30 need to wake up and speak out. where are they??? why have only 1% said anything???

i know governors come together from many states all the time..where is the military/industrial complex? these people are pathetically SILENT and allowing the constitution and basic common law to be broken daily

its pathetic. do they all have vatican banking accounts???

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Because most Americans and Europeans have their needs met. Entertainment (Videogames, Movies, Music, Sports) are fed and clothed and have shelter and not to mention sex and p0rn. If they get all that they dont mind that their hard work makes the very top rich to the point where they live lavish lives and travel the world the way other people travel town. They are literally content with the scraps.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

LOL why because there terrorists?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeckoGecko
reply to post by k1k1to

In reference to the comment about rather going to a fema camp than spending an hour in Iran.....

Are you kidding me!!!! are you that brainwashed!! I've been to Iran, it's a lovely place. Yeah you don't want to get caught spouting any anti government noise,,, but the locals will let you know when it's safe to speak etc etc.

Now,,, I've also lived in DC and to be honest DC is by faaar a scarier and more 'controlled' place than Tehran. In DC the locals dont warn you about when to be quiet,,, they turn you in!

Seriously this comment has just turned me! I've alway's been annoyed at american ignorance of the rest of the world,, It's what has led so many of them to think that america is the only 'free' country in the world,,,, well as the son of a US diplomat that has LIVED in cuba, mexico , thailand, tehran, germany, ireland, england and many many more I can tell you that America is one of the few Police State tyranny's I've lived in.

From now on I give absolutely NO credibility to any comment from an american about Global polotics unless they've spent at least on year of their life outside the 'matrix' that is america.... I know that's not fair to the enlightened but stuck americans but seriously I'm so fed up of people who have never seen the world making judgements!! What the F**K do you know about the world!!!

It may surprise some american's but I have an american passport and I refuse to re enter america,,,, no feckin way! because when they put you in camps and convince you it's happening everywhere in the world I'll be sat safe in my house in Ireland,, where I'm free to say and do what ever the f**k I want!!!
edit on 10-1-2012 by DeckoGecko because: (no reason given)

pardon me "mate" but ive been to cuba, and about half of the other countries that you mentioned above, obviously YOU havent been to iran, or iraq recently...

i dont think you've ever recieved that "look" telling you, that you dont belong...well i have...ive never felt so alienated, and hostile than the time i spent in iraq/fallujah...maybe when you sober up in the morning from your whiskey, you'll realize how much of a fool you've made yourself sound like..

im not some dumb american cowboy...and you are far from "enlightened"...way from it.

do america a favor...and stay out..

you irish wouldnt know the meaning of work if it smacked you behind the head with a whiskey bottle..MATE

edit on 10-1-2012 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join