It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else bothered by the way most US citizens react to tyranny?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
To address the question of, "where would you go besides the U.S?" Look up democracy charts, many idiots would be surprised to find that America is not ranked #1 in the world regarding democracy level. Finland seems like a great place to live according to WorldAudit.org.

• Topics ------------------------------------------- Range ----- Ranking
  • World Democracy Audit overall ranking --- 1-150 ----------- 1
  • Political Rights ---------------------------------- 1-7 -------------- 1
  • Civil Liberties ------------------------------------ 1-7 -------------- 1
  • Press Freedom --------------------------------- 0-150 ----------- 1
  • Corruption --------------------------------------- 0-149 ----------- 2

You can also view international rankings via the CIA Wold Factbook.

Also, check this out:

Source is NYtimes, but I don't have a link to the article. Found a printout of this chart lying around my house with the URL at the bottom. In either case, sources are cited on the bottom of the image.

If these numbers don't set off alarms, I don't know what will. Basically, if you're looking for a place to move to, try Norway. They have the lowest income inequality, greatest democracy level, throw about 10 times less people in prison than America. If you're looking for a smarter place for your kids to grow up in, try the Netherlands or Canada, Finland also scores very high on education. America is only slightly better than Portugal, no offense to the Portuguese.

LOGIC TIME!!! Out of our worldwide population of 7 Billion, only 300 something million people live in America. The rest of the world can't be that bad...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Its scares the hell out of me. When I talk about what's going on in the world to people in my area, they just respond with 'Oh yeah?' and move on with their day.

There are some that have woken up.
But I ask you, what is the next step? What can be done?
Go out and protest? Live off the grid?
What choices are there?

All these posts about how people just stand by and doing nothing.
Where are the posts about what we can do, should do?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
We are but at the point technology thrusts us into the heavens (unlikely due to government and military complex.) or We plunge our selves back into the stone age.

Our population is increasing at a really silly rate, our ability to produce food is tapped out. (Meaning instead of more productive farms, we just make bigger farms.) The time is right to go to war over anything really. We should be helping our fellow human beings come up to the technological and human resource level that we in rather wealthy countries enjoy.

Look at this picture. We are traveling light speed in advancement.

So we need a paradigm shift, one where food growth is done Correctly
The population increase is not an issue, all the people on the planet could fit in Australia. We have more than enough room to house more people, and food can be grown -UP- GROW THE FOOD UP,

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

reply to post by k1k1to

id rather spend anyday of the week in a fema camp, working slave labor and eating soup and bread...

than spending just 1 hour in iran, or any other middle eastern country for that matter

With an attitude like that you will be extremely unlikely to see the inside of the camp. If you see one, it will probably be as someone guarding that.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItanimuliiluminatI
I understand that this is simply a way for most US citizens to cope with their denial, that it's easier to say we don't have it all that bad. But what are those people going to do/say/think when TPTB tighten the noose on the US for real?

If they are in denial, how will they know there is a noose and it is being tightened for real? Do you (I am assuming you are an American) feel the noose tightening now? Why do you talk of it as something that may/will happen in future? Are you in denial yourself? If not, what are you doing besides whining? When you can answer those questions, your question would have been answered.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ItanimuliiluminatI

It is definitely the brainwashing that pretty much starts from birth. One only has to look at countries like china or north korea to see how successful brainwashing and propaganda can be.
It is only a few of us that can see between the lines of such mass brainwashing.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

USA a Television Educated Population

Bothered as to How most US Citizens react to tyranny you ask ?

America is a very interesting country from a Sociological perspective because we are an entire society raised on Television.

This is why the majority of Americans don't see this as Tyrannical rule because of what they have been told to believe that everything they are told on their Television is the truth.

Having lived abroad in Europe at a young age I began to see this televised programming of most Americans upon returning.

My first shock upon returning to the States was how dirty and trashy it was....but the system of denial overlooks that....and as predicted that is swept under the rug.

The denial based "Not my Problem Syndrome".

The reason why Many if not Most Americans dont see the forest for the trees is that They have nothing else to compare it to....

For example....how many Americans have told you that if something isn't on mainstream network Television then they don't believe it ?

A nation of televised educated populace ....and this has all been done on purpose.

It makes the people much easier for the Powers That Be to control that way....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It is alarming, essential the majority of the American public dont realise they are at war with their own government and have been for decades. This quote sums it up.

“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”
William J. Casey Director of Central Intelligence from 1981 to 1987

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Perhaps your reality is not the same one they live in. I mean I have been hearing the FEMA NWO etc stories for decades and I find the laughable at best.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Perhaps your reality is not the same one they live in. I mean I have been hearing the FEMA NWO etc stories for decades and I find the laughable at best.

You find conspiracies like NWO laughable?? Even though it has now been admitted openly??
I think you better do some research on your own instead of just dismissing a theory because you find it laughable.
NWO or world governance can hardly even be considered a conspiracy theory anymore.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Such great responses in this thread.

So, here's mine:

I agree with your post and only have a few small things to add.

1. Trust me, I will not go into any "camp" alive. There will be a huge fight from my end.
And although I see everything being built right before our eyes, I still see fighters...
I know there's actually hope in some people who still believe in true Liberty not television.

We will fight.

2. You seem to be very knowlegable with your ideas so I ask you the keep sharing them.
Do not give up on people, because apparently they haven't lost enough to learn better.
What I mean is, the people who don't see the tyranny probably just want a normal life.
They probably love hollywood and all the brainwashing invovled.
Because that is what is teaching Americans what life is about.
And it's not. It's all fake and contrived to keep people in perpetual debt.
You probably know this already...

If you want to change your life, then don't give in to "society's" callings.
Media, TV, video games, internet, cell phones, money, success, school, etc...
See how much your life changes.
Because once you learn to live without all these things, you realize you really don't need them.
They are all part of keeping the debt cycle in tact.
You are programmed to believe you need them.
Everyone is.
That's how you can predict responses from people when you talk to them.
We are all programmed.
If they are money driven, they won't want to fight the system that has given them their world.
Simple.

Only you can break the cycle.

edit on 10-1-2012 by havok because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Look, I don't even know why I keep coming back to ATS except that I have been coming and leaving in disgust since Gray and Springer first popped up..point being, I find most Americans disgusting, sub-human...won't insult any animals by comparing them but this aside, yes it bothers me and pisses me off how most Americans react, support, indulge the tyranny that is going on everywhere but, I suppose I am a hypocrite because in some cases I would sleep fine if they got rid of by whatever means a lot of the crud that infests my country...I say my country because I am not only the decedent of colonist that came here in 1607 (yeah, with John Smith) but I also have Cherokee blood which makes this my land coming and going, to say nothing of being a Veteran, son of a Veteran and father of a now veteran. My solution is that 92' Double Decker Catamaran that is in my Avartar..yeah, that is my yacht, those are my dogs and that is really me. If it weren't for my children, I would have already been long gone because this country is infested with bugs...big ones, little ones...hell, good looking women are even rare...compared to Russian Women..they are dogs. My opinion anyway.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

ITS ABOUT HUMANKIND... Its not Americans Fault.. EVERYONE HAS BEEN LIED TO.... Now we are all coming together like never before. no worries.. there will be no WW3.

The World was FLAT once.. you went too far, you fall off.. Then its Round and a whole new way of thinking and being evolved. NOW the Shape is going to Change again.. Everyone is going to laugh and there will be a worldwide applause..

we made it brothers and sisters.. we've already won.. now watch what happens. everything is frequency an echo and reflection of light.. electromagnetic waves, VIBRATION is the Language of GOD, We are In and Of God.. "IT" IS ALL THAT IS.. all the religion and deliberate misperception of the different interpretations all the over this earth is what we are over coming together.. we are growing out of religion, from faith to knowledge of god, and we are doing it together. do not have contempt for misperception or arrogance.. help them. ONE♥ UNI-VERSE=ONE-SONG
edit on 10-1-2012 by WhoTheCapFit because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by WhoTheCapFit because: still learning, sorry.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

In reference to the comment about rather going to a fema camp than spending an hour in Iran.....

Are you kidding me!!!! are you that brainwashed!! I've been to Iran, it's a lovely place. Yeah you don't want to get caught spouting any anti government noise,,, but the locals will let you know when it's safe to speak etc etc.

Now,,, I've also lived in DC and to be honest DC is by faaar a scarier and more 'controlled' place than Tehran. In DC the locals dont warn you about when to be quiet,,, they turn you in!

Seriously this comment has just turned me! I've alway's been annoyed at american ignorance of the rest of the world,, It's what has led so many of them to think that america is the only 'free' country in the world,,,, well as the son of a US diplomat that has LIVED in cuba, mexico , thailand, tehran, germany, ireland, england and many many more I can tell you that America is one of the few Police State tyranny's I've lived in.

From now on I give absolutely NO credibility to any comment from an american about Global polotics unless they've spent at least on year of their life outside the 'matrix' that is america.... I know that's not fair to the enlightened but stuck americans but seriously I'm so fed up of people who have never seen the world making judgements!! What the F**K do you know about the world!!!

It may surprise some american's but I have an american passport and I refuse to re enter america,,,, no feckin way! because when they put you in camps and convince you it's happening everywhere in the world I'll be sat safe in my house in Ireland,, where I'm free to say and do what ever the f**k I want!!!
edit on 10-1-2012 by DeckoGecko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeckoGecko

Relax, help them then. im here in America trying to usher in the light and help anyone thats seeking truth.. do not have contempt for them its not all their fault... This # has been a real thorough technical elite psychopath pyramid of lies. I got here in 1987 and i know what its like.. Ive been helping anyone who has lost their way and cant help themselves.. you cant approach people saying how obvious everything is, and how ignorant they are for not seeing it when you are so genius for having the time, resources and ability to put it together and figure it out.. people have lives and families.. we are all oppressed.. but you cant expect to make anything better by approaching people that way. They WILL TUNE YOU OUT.. and then it really doesnt help anything. so re evaluate your approach.. i understand you are tired, we're all tired.. but dont lose it on the final stretch.. so heres a cheers!

"TO THE LAST MILE!" - Commander William Thomas Riker

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The US spends more on military than every country in the world combined every single year.
reply to post by benrl

Actually it was nearer 40% of global expenditure.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It all completely pisses me off. Freedom? Doesn't exist. The closest thing to it exists in my nation though or it did once upon a time. I want it back. I want the destruction of my great nation and peoples to stop. Call me an arrogant American but I know for a fact that America is the greatest nation on earth for me. I just don't snub my nose at other peoples of other nations and pretend that I and my nation are better than they and there's is.

What I desire in my nation I desire for all. Health, Happiness and freedom to live as one desires so long as no harm is done to others ever. A good number of my fellow Americans feel the same way I do. The fact is that there are tons of idiots in the USA who think they are better than any other citizen or nation though. So we all get a bad rep for it.

That's life. Fact is that everyone everywhere jst wants to live life to the best of there ability and to provide for themselves and there own. How they dot hat may be different but it doesn't make one less than the other.

WE as human beings need to come to that very understanding. Then sovereign behavior won't represent indifference. It will just represent love for one's own nation and also for other nations.

Can we do it? Yes we can. Will we do it? I doubt it. I keep hope alive though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoTheCapFit

Thanks for the perspective.

I won't lose hope,,, but I do really worry about every one in america!!

just so everyone knows Ireland is a safe [westernised] country. We've got all the junk food and tv programs you're familiar with,, without the FEMA camps or oppressive government,,, and all those years of english tyranny has made us particularly sensitive to anyone trying that on our island!! lol

So if your looking to do a runner there are safe places that are far better than america and you don't even have to learn a new language!!

[yes,, I know technically we're meant to be skint but given that 60% of irelands internal economy was 'off the books' we're not actually in as bad a spot as we tell our debt collectors

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flint2011
reply to post by jude11

It all completely pisses me off. Freedom? Doesn't exist. The closest thing to it exists in my nation though or it did once upon a time. I want it back. I want the destruction of my great nation and peoples to stop. Call me an arrogant American but I know for a fact that America is the greatest nation on earth for me. I just don't snub my nose at other peoples of other nations and pretend that I and my nation are better than they and there's is.

What I desire in my nation I desire for all. Health, Happiness and freedom to live as one desires so long as no harm is done to others ever. A good number of my fellow Americans feel the same way I do. The fact is that there are tons of idiots in the USA who think they are better than any other citizen or nation though. So we all get a bad rep for it.

That's life. Fact is that everyone everywhere jst wants to live life to the best of there ability and to provide for themselves and there own. How they dot hat may be different but it doesn't make one less than the other.

WE as human beings need to come to that very understanding. Then sovereign behavior won't represent indifference. It will just represent love for one's own nation and also for other nations.

Can we do it? Yes we can. Will we do it? I doubt it. I keep hope alive though.

Sorry,,, again I need to correct your comment or at least disagree... You say the nearest thing to Freedom exist[ed] in america. I really do have to disagree. Though I'm sure I can find other references I'll just use Ireland as an example. [Keep in mind I have lived in both america and Ireland]. I would say that irelands constitution is a much more recent and comprehensive constitution for a 'free' country,,, and it was written recently.

Happy to argue the point,,,, yes it's not perfect but it's damn close. and I know someones going to mention the right to bear arms but I don't actually think that's the crux of a free state [besides the irish constitution allows for defense of the nation,,, I mean it was written by armed malitia....

so before anyone say's that america is the shining example of a free state perhaps it's worth considering what other countries have done first........just a thought

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It does get old being constantly told that you are brainwashed, blind, or in denial, simply because you find happiness in your life. I'm good. That's reality. I have a good job, an outstanding family and group of friends, and I enjoy LIFE. And life is too short for a constant concern over every little thing. You can vote, right? If you say that it doesn't do any good because everyone is in on the plan, then it's just another self fulfilling prophesy and things to completely turn around and you would never admit it.

While my wish is that you could find some peace to enjoy your life without all the fear and anger, you are certainly free to believe whatever you choose. Just don't tell me I'm wrong for not believing just like you do. Your reality is not mine.

As for this "big uprising" to stop the "tyranny" in America (which I have yet to personally experience in 41 years), better makes sure you have enough people and resources. Last time...you didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join