It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else bothered by the way most US citizens react to tyranny?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Why is it that any time any citizen of the US has something bad to say about our corrupt government or the wars we fight for greed, it is always met with "well every other country has it worse off than we do", or something to that effect?

If I lived in any country and there were FEMA camps being built for many years in every state, the banks were allowed to steal from the people then get bailed out with taxpayer dollars we had no choice but to give them, The government was run by a bunch of greedy robots, the CIA was the was the worlds biggest drug dealer and thief, etc etc, I would still complain regardless of the soil I stood on.

Sure I know Egypt has it bad, so does China and both North and South Korea, the list goes on. But does that mean that since other countries have hardships as well, that we should turn a blind eye to our own?

I understand that this is simply a way for most US citizens to cope with their denial, that it's easier to say we don't have it all that bad. But what are those people going to do/say/think when TPTB tighten the noose on the US for real?

I understand that most citizens of this country don't know of many of the "projects" that the military and the government have been getting away with. I also understand that there is a considerable amount of brain washing/dulling going on through the media, food, water, medication, education, etc. But I still must admit that it bothers me terribly to hear people say "Man we have no right to complain, look at what other countries are doing to their people" when I tell them that our rights are being stripped daily.

I don't understand why people always fall for the tricks.... The US, the UN and NATO are not always the good guys. In fact history has shown them to be by what we are allowed to think, but if anyone ever does some digging (not much at all) they can see for themselves that in fact the opposite is true.

Panama, Iraq, Vietnam, Cuba, etc all related to drugs, instilling a system of government that we can control, resources, and power. Never were they about liberation, never will any war be.

Now the time is coming where we will all have to either pay the piper or stand up and break his pipes across our knee. No wonder most psychics and sensitives are saying when it all comes down most of the world's population will die... They are all far too blind to see the truth even when they are slapped in the face with it. Its as if they all are closing their eyes and sticking their fingers in their ears so they can keep on believing it isn't true. What is the use in that? They will be among the many to die because they won't see death coming for them and move out of the way.

Many different people of all different respect levels have said that we all need to try and wake up those we can, those we care about, those that are close to us. I've pulled fingers out of ears, I've held eyes open to see, it still doesn't work. I'm sure anyone could say it would work if done right, but what's the right way? Is there even one?

With the years of built up brainwashing, drugging, and the age old plot to dumb down society as a whole, do we even have a leg to stand on against it? Should those of us that see this farce for what it is consider ourselves lucky as we watch everyone else suffer?

I for one cannot stand by and watch this, I can't stand to see our own people fighting against each other over whether we are being controlled or not. Some will agree we are but that it's "not as bad as it could be" and some are just blind to it as a whole. But I wonder, in a country where we are supposed to be free, is any level of control over the people a bad thing- no matter how much or little?

I am sick of seeing disorganized groups trying to "change" things, much like the occupy movement or anonymous. The people of this world need to really get it together and stand up already, no more waiting... It's been time for some time now.

I am sickened by the thought that this world has no backbone, that it's people actually enjoy being ruled by the "elite". That they actually agree with their puppet masters about the fact that we would all surely be extinct by now without them controlling us and making sure we don't hurt ourselves.

Keep going to work and paying your bills, waiting for enough people to start doing something to change this planet. I will too since there seems to be no hope.

See you all (or the ones that make it) in the FEMA camps.
edit on 9-1-2012 by ItanimuliiluminatI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
We are but at the point technology thrusts us into the heavens (unlikely due to government and military complex.) or We plunge our selves back into the stone age.

Our population is increasing at a really silly rate, our ability to produce food is tapped out. (Meaning instead of more productive farms, we just make bigger farms.) The time is right to go to war over anything really. We should be helping our fellow human beings come up to the technological and human resource level that we in rather wealthy countries enjoy.

Look at this picture. We are traveling light speed in advancement.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
id rather spend anyday of the week in a fema camp, working slave labor and eating soup and bread...

than spending just 1 hour in iran, or any other middle eastern country for that matter

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Many Americans are of the mind that they are the greatest Nation on Earth. Always been that way. Therefore, to realize that the US is falling down around them is to admit that they are NOT invincible.

Many are starting to see the reality but many more can not accept the truth of what is being done to them and are still under the illusion of freedom.

Unfortunately the truth won't reveal itself until the FEMA camps are open for business. But then it will be too late.

1st S&F from me

Peace

edit on 9-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

you may think that now but wait till you're inside...

You have the same "it's worse over there" answer most brainwashed American's have as a response. I'm not talking about the Middle East, I'm talking about your rights being taken away and you having no life but slavery. The day you have to give it all up I doubt you will be smiling thinking about how much worse some other country must have it as you are whipped and beaten within inches of your life.

Please wake up...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Ah soooooo true, I just would like them to brush off their ego and get it together before it really is too late....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ive been telling my friends it may be time to pack up and leave before they wont let you...

Anyhow, the common response to this is "but where will you go" or "No where else is better" youd be surprised how many people buy into the propaganda of USA number 1, and so on.

Im sure we could look at statistics and see numerous areas where the US is not number one...

As for the rest, MIGHT makes Right, as history has shown, and unfortunately thats one area of propaganda that is correct, The US spends more on military than every country in the world combined every single year.

Our foreign policy is a train wreck, our education system is pumping out barely literate fast food employees, higher education will put you indebt for the rest of your life just to earn a job where you can barely pay down that said debt.

Our freedoms are being stripped one by one, Yeah USA is number one...

We need a MAJOR shift in leadership sooner than later, we need sane people in office who wont sell us out, but as none of things are likely, Im looking to go the EX-pat route asap.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ItanimuliiluminatI

Actually, I do believe that alot of us would not be here if it were not for government.
You may be a super duper survivalist prepper macho man but, what if your Dad was a total idiot?
(Please calm down, the question was what if)
You might ave never been born.
The idea of government troops also keeps down the packs of roving armed men.
The idea of government also keeps the lynch mobs at bay.
I am not a cheerleader for big government but some government is a good thing.
It's just when you attach the "big" word to it that it becomes a burden.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Government would be fine if greed was not involved...

And by the "elites" I mean those that control the world's governments and make sure they stay in "power".

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Yep it's totally ridiculous.

It's like the beaten wife saying ``it's alright, at least he doesn't rape me!``

I mean COME ON!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Indeed! It seems we have all lost control of our self respect as it was planned to be by TPTB...

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
id rather spend anyday of the week in a fema camp, working slave labor and eating soup and bread...

than spending just 1 hour in iran, or any other middle eastern country for that matter

You're the type of person the OP is talking about.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Greed is built into our DNA anyone who says different is lying or that one in 100million.
We just need to hold people accountable for their wrongs.
Hanging would be fine, it worked for a long time quite well and still does.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Quite an insightful post, I might add. I completely agree with you.

(You)
"But what are those people going to do/say/think when TPTB tighten the noose on the US for real? "
(Me)
Most of us (US citizens) are so caught up in the day to day regime of just doing our thing, they have absolutely no concept of what is now a 'done deal'. When the hammer comes down, it will be too late. They will start a civil war. Simply stated.

(You)
"I don't understand why people always fall for the tricks.... The US, the UN and NATO are not always the good guys. In fact history has shown them to be by what we are allowed to think, but if anyone ever does some digging (not much at all) they can see for themselves that in fact the opposite is true"
(Me)
Our government has become so corrupt that our loyal citizens have been duped by doublespeak and softpedaling of government activities. How many times have laws/bills been discussed behind the doors and slipped in as an addendum or rider on other innocent bills? We learn of it only as an after fact. We have been handed a bill of sale and we cannot bear the cost of it.
(You)
"They are all far too blind to see the truth even when they are slapped in the face with it. Its as if they all are closing their eyes and sticking their fingers in their ears so they can keep on believing it isn't true. What is the use in that? They will be among the many to die because they won't see death coming for them and move out of the way. "

(Me) The sad truth is this, along with what you said, that people DO NOT want truth, they feel entitlement and want only their OPINION. Truth is alien to them.
(You)
I for one cannot stand by and watch this, I can't stand to see our own people fighting against each other over whether we are being controlled or not. Some will agree we are but that it's "not as bad as it could be" and some are just blind to it as a whole. But I wonder, in a country where we are supposed to be free, is any level of control over the people a bad thing- no matter how much or little?
(Me)
My heart is grieved within me over this very issue. Sadly, I must say this: With the NDAA bill passed on 12-31-2011 our destiny is set. We are totally screwed. With all the Executive Orders already in place, we are no longer free moral agents in our own country. We are owned, lock, stock and barrel by our government. They want to police our thoughts, control our actions, and tell us what to do and when to worship. What is left? Ship us overseas (yes, they can do that too!) and let us rot in a foreign prison with no hope of a trial or ever being set free, and tortured as they see fit. Where is our beloved US of A? What happened to it? Our death knell is sounding and we hear it not. All that remains is for the guillotine to drop. Off with your heads!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Americans are of the mind that they are the greatest Nation on Earth. Always been that way. Therefore, to realize that the US is falling down around them is to admit that they are NOT invincible.

Many are starting to see the truth but many more can not accept the truth of what is being done to them and are still under the illusion of freedom.

Unfortunately the truth won't reveal itself until the FEMA camps are open for business. But then it will be too late.

1st S&F from me

Peace

edit on 9-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Hi Jude11,

Not to sound too optimistic but I think that your statement above about it being too late when the truth reveals itself is selling yourself and your fellow man short. There are networks forming and in place through out the country who are aware of the instabilities in American Government. They are there specifically to keep the government in line and do just what the OP is all about, Open eyes. Some know them as Oath Keepers, others know them as militias, tight nit groups in the form of community groups of people that are aware. The more you look and see with the open eyes you'll begin to discover just how much government dissent is out there right now. I think that the government instilling Martial Law, activating FEMA camps and actively taking people in will spark a civil war worse than our original.

Personally, I already have a plan of egress and reinitialization of my rights and those around me if any of this happens in my lifetime.

I'm trying not to be too long winded here but essentially this materialistic society has bred a thought process that we wouldn't be able to get by without technology and that is what they are counting on. The truth of the matter is that we are far from that. Sure, there would be a learning curve for some however we would be able to get back to basics rather quickly and live off the radar while making progress at re-establishing the people as the power rather than the overseers.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Where would you go? Correct me, if I'm wrong, but when I look at the world, I see not one place where you can go, where you will not find some sort of influence from government. And unless you have a heap of money, you won't stick it too long. Having done this, several times, each time... different face, same rules (with a different look) as in any other country or continent.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well, when the US starts WW3,
there will be nowhere safe for an American citizen to go.
they will be 'fair game' in any and every country.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LajanAytik
reply to post by benrl

Where would you go? Correct me, if I'm wrong, but when I look at the world, I see not one place where you can go, where you will not find some sort of influence from government. And unless you have a heap of money, you won't stick it too long. Having done this, several times, each time... different face, same rules (with a different look) as in any other country or continent.

There is no place that's "safe" TPTB have their grip on the world as a whole. The only safe place is the place where we make safe, and I am a firm believer that the very same Americans who have the ego issues could be the ones passionate enough to do something about it. After all, think of what could be done for this cause with complete control of the media for instance. If Americans saw it on TV they'd believe it for once. And maybe, just maybe they would have the same heart-felt opinions about actually liberating their country as they do about "liberating" other countries. Again I say maybe...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Well I guess everybody knew what the Marshall Plan was for when rebuilding after World War 2. But when they started World War 3 they never told us that it was World War 3. But they have started the new Marshall Plan for rebuilding afterwards. Its called Global Marshall Plan. And it will hurt the well off countries more than it will the poverished countries. For the well off countries must pay for the wars and then pay to rebuild after the war and give away a piece of their economy with it. Hurting the people in the well off countries. And don't be fooled and think the Global Marshall Plan has to do with Al Gores climate change. They use part of that as a reason the rich countries must pay more but their is a lot more to it. The war on terror changes the government then a puppet is put in and then the country will be rebuilt and new trade will begin. And all that because corporations now have a large market they never had befor in that new puppet country. So what if the people in the US, France, UK, Australia or Germany and so on lose a little money. The global corporations get rich from the new market adding to the total customer list. Don't worry those people will not quit buying from the big global corporations because they have no choice. They will be bought out and taken control of. And if the government or leader of those people try to stop it they will under go regime change by propaganda or even war if necessary.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

It's a lack of education and allowing our kids to be dumbed down by the TV. Most can't point out Mexico on the map, let alone Syria or Iraq. Too many Americans still have a satisfactory life where they don't feel uncomfortable enough to investigate why the quality of their lives is declining. They've been raised to believe that the U.S.A. is the best, most free and the strongest country in the world, so why should they fear their Government?

Americans are no longer what they used to be. That liberty-loving, freedom-defending stock has been watered down over the years. I was pointed to an article the other day. It was titled "How to be a Dictator"

Here's a quote I found interesting. Although it applies to Democrats, it can also be said for today's Republicans:

It is virtually impossible to find any example where leaders are not acting in their own self interest. If you are a democrat you want to gerrymander districts and have an electoral college. This vastly reduces the number of votes a president needs to win an election. Then tax very highly. It’s much better to decide who gets to eat than to let the people feed themselves. If you lower taxes people will do more work, but then people will get rewards that aren’t coming through you. Everything good must come through you. Look at African farm subsidies. The government buys crops at below market price by force. This is a tax on farmers who then can’t make a profit. So, how do you reward people? The government subsidises fertilisers and hands it back that way. In Tanzania vouchers for fertilisers are handed out not to the most productive areas but to the party loyalist areas. This is always subject to the constraint that if you tax too highly people won’t work. This is the big debate in the US. The Republicans are saying that the Democrats have too many taxes and want to suppress workers. But when they were in power five years ago they had no problem with taxing and spending policies, but now it’s taxing their supporters to reward Democrats.

My point is that most people have absolutely NO clue that they don't have to have someone over them declaring themselves their supreme leaders or Gods, they can be a group of people just like them who create the illusion of freedom and then push them into poverty for their own benefit! Like I said, many Americans have been victimized by their pathetic school system. It took decades to reach this level, but here we are.

What I do appreciate is that some of the younger people are waking up to this reality and are trying to fight back. It's the dinosaurs who hold them back from progress, scared out of their wits that Muhammad might come sit next to them on a bus or airplane. They'll give anything to feel safer, including their children's future, freedom and liberty.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join