It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What flew over my house? UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Most recently last Thursday night 1- 5- 2012 Ottumwa , Iowa some time after 5:00 PM after dusk

I noticed some lights flew past my window of my home. First thought was way to high to be headlights from the road as i am accustomed to. ran to my window because something like instinct said it was unusual and go look. so i see a group of lights moving tree top level the opposite direction a few blocks away west direction as if it flew past my house just over my street going east and did a full u turn the opposite direction. There was a slight humm but no rotor blades. was moving extremely fast very low "below FAA standards" was the first red flag. Was night time the lights were solid no blinking nav lights? Configuration was unusual. No sound of a rotor or propeller just a dim humm. it disappeared over the trees as soon as i could grab my camera. Was perplexed, kept thinking it had to be a plane or chopper but why so low and why is it maneuvering like this and why so quiet? Was this an emergency landing? I Checked for any reports of a downed plane and not a single report of any downed planes in town.

We have a municipal airport on the outskirts of town but is out north. This object was not heading that way and remained almost tree top level while hauling arse. Now the first that came to mind was DCI doing thermal recognizance for heat lamps for potential marijuana cultivation. But i seen them do that back in the 90's before and they used helicopters back then a planes and you could hear them before you even seen them. And they remained at a reasonably high altitude or what is normal for planes and helo's. As well as the light configuration and no blinking nav lights. It was relatively dark but was close enough that i should see a silhouette of the fuselage but just solid lights in a triangle. Now that i recall they were all bright solid white lights. No reds no greens no blinking nav lights? Huh

As i am well acquainted with planes growing up by a air force base and my father being ex air force and a air traffic controller consider myself as a trained observer. As well as my time in the service antiquated with the Black Hawk and Apache. Even debunking UFO footage myself in being critical of hoaxers and hucksters in the subject as well . So i am knowledgeable and educated on aerial phenomena. No I am not a expert or one of the head debunkers here nor do i consider myself to be. I do not live by the pre- conditioned mind set believing that anything see that can not comprehend as conventional air craft as aliens and flying saucers. But this is not my first time witnessing objects of unknown origin.

2009-02-04 2009-02-02 Pulsing white and amber sphere hovering and darting over town.

Ottumwa , Iowa 9:00 pm 2-3-09 My friend was on his way driving to pick me up . On his way he notices a bright light hovering above the high school football field. He picks me up and tells me to check out something and we go over the hill on iowa avenue and he says "look" i see it right over what i can say is either the field itself or over the center of town. It is a bright white light and sitting there , i think is this a helicopter coming dead on at first. I roll down the window and no sound and so sign of red or blue lights ? So we turn the corner and shortly after the thing begins to Pulse and turns from white to a amber color with a white streak to the left and is gone! We are looking in the same area and then look and see it way off to the south west of town but dimmer . It is in the direction of the mall , now we begin to trip out !!! Now this is where we are not sure it is the same thing or another craft . So we head towards its direction and this thing moves to the north west and then hovers over from what i can tell is the tree line and descends in a fielded area where mostly corn fields should be . I have portions of this footage on my digital camera and him on his cell phone during half the chase. Unfortunately i did not record the footage from when we first saw this thing at it's brightest. I will say it was as intense as the moon but smaller hard to say what size it was. It clearly was not a conventional air craft , planet , and performed excessive speeds. This was not a Chopper a Plane or Venus this was a moving object that traveled in 4 directions and changed color and defied what we know.

previous sightings

excuse the poor audio
www.youtube.com...

Now this would be my fourth time witnessing this phenomena in my lifetime. I rather leave the Alien idea on the back burner for now and explore the probability of Military hardware. Well this was no conventional jet again did not meet the criteria of what this thing was. I guess i could have posted this in the Aliens and UFO's forum sure but that forum seems to be too closed minded and too many know it all's / counter productive over all a tough crowd and the gray area is much more flexible, Now this really did happen and the question just nags at me what the heck was it? I think it was likely some form of high grade Military hardware but then bodes the question why are they parading top secret classified tech around over the city? Is it a psy op? Is the pilot lost? technical difficulties? Of course still the possibility of non human intelligence of course. I would like to hear your thoughts, opinions, experiences believers, skeptics, debunkers, trolls and the neutral. No pics and it didnt happen. It's one of those things that drive you mad.. I gave up on the Alien and UFO topic after all my brushes with the phenomena. I experienced missing time before and there is a little more but am weary to share for now. I hate to sound like I would be jumping to conclusions in doing so.

Thanks for reading

U.S.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't know what you saw, I know, I saw something a little similar the other night. Should of taken a video but didn't. Was too tired. Looked like, 5 orbs flying together, but not in sync, but headlights with wings. Whether it may have been airplane I don't know. Usually airplanes blink and don't have headlights, I thought. There weren't blinking. They were just straight bright lights like headlights. It was too dark to tell, what it was. I'll do a small diagram. Let me know if it's what you saw.

It was also flying lower than a plane. And, no noise either. It was going in a North direction.

Interesting nonetheless.

Hmm, wings may be a little bit more wider. On the orb placement.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
A UAV of some type?

I wouldn't think that low altitude UAV's would require navigation lighting, this would explain the odd lighting on an "Aircraft". An UAV could also be outfitted with the sensors required for drug operations, they are also designed to be relatively quite as well.
edit on 9-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I don't doubt you observed something you cannot identify, but I don't see anything in your description to rule out something man made. It's definitely a UFO, just not one of alien origin.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

My buddy in Vernon filmed this. Similiar to your diagram you drew. But I can say this, the video I am presenting was infact a plane. My friend is rather hard to talk to about UFO's. Apparently everything is these days.

Youtube-UFO footage. Plane.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing that is kinda odd mine was a perfect triangle. What you have does remind me of the lights that commercial airliners have from a head on view know this can fool people who lack depth perception and planes can appear to be something else depending on the circumstances. Not saying that is what you saw, and i was not there but interesting none the less.

reply to post by mileysubet

A UAV of some type?

Good idea, very well be some kind of drone i have never seen. I did not see the shape of the thing just the 3 lights in configuration. Who knows, and if so what the heck is a drone doing ove my neck of the woods? I can only imagine.

reply to post by tsawyer2

I don't doubt you observed something you cannot identify, but I don't see anything in your description to rule out something man made. It's definitely a UFO, just not one of alien origin.

Well to be fair we do not know what it was hence in no way can we determine if it is aliens, humans even something we have yet to imagine in to existence. The possibility of off world beings is possible and quite plausible but that is something we can only assume. No evidence to support it being man made "in all probability it probably is man made" as well as any evidence of alien interaction. One can not verify unless they land and give me a ride to thier place of origin. I remain skeptical of Aliens playing a role in the UFO subject, I am aware of what people report to have seen. I do believe there are beings intersecting with our species on some level and have theories of what they may be. But the alien myth tends to condition people in to automatically thinking that is what they are. I have seen no evidence to support the theory in a tangible form. I try my best to keep my theories and suspicion out of what I am perceiving here. Its only logical.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

My buddy in Vernon filmed this. Similiar to your diagram you drew. But I can say this, the video I am presenting was infact a plane. My friend is rather hard to talk to about UFO's. Apparently everything is these days.

Youtube-UFO footage. Plane.

Hmm yeah well I would love to call it a plane but i stepped foot out my door in to my drive way and watched this thing move off a high speed. It was close enough to shine through my blinds like a series of lights passing my window above my house without noise despite a humm somewhat like high current heard from electrical transformers is what i can best describe it as. Not anything you hear from a plane, jet or chopper. Especially the altitude would be considered dangerous for a plane that low imo. No afterburner either. Just a dull humm. The light coinfig is what really left me perplexed.

I took a photo from my drive way and tried to recreate the light pattern and size as accurate as i can remember. The red lines to connect the lights. I just cant make a plane or helo out of it? Unless possibly if a plane was banking off sideways. But the solid white lights are another problem?

I often hear these stories of triangles "TR3B" and black projects in a similar format in these circles. Then you see it yourself and it happens so fast and you wish you took pics. Then you realize that is the very reason there is so little anecdotal evidence to validate anything from alien teach to black programs itself. Am i just one of those lucky people or am i just more observant then your average bear? Maybe both.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

That's not what I saw.

Think of triangle, with 5 bright lights coming at you in traffic. None of those lights were blinking. They were so round, and so defined., and really really bright.

I brushed it off that night, didn't want to use my cell phone camera. And, I didn't have my other camera, otherwise I would filmed it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Maybe a secret project?

new topics

top topics

join