It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman "tortured" and "urinated on" by police.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No immunity for police in torture case

The suit alleges Weaver "twice sprayed [her] face, head and body with pepper spray, without justification ... for the purpose of torturing her."

Madison, who was restrained in handcuffs and manacles on her feet, said she called for help and officers carried her outside the barracks near Uniontown and poured large quantities of cold water on her head, leading her to black out. It wasn't reported when the incident allegedly took place.

"When she regained consciousness," Madison allegedly "felt and smelled urine on her head, face, neck and person. She believes that while she was unconscious, one or more of the defendants urinated on her," the suit alleges.

Very disturbing if true.

Looks like the police will need to answer for their alleged crimes.

Constant war has an effect on the moral fiber of a country. Having condoned torture and rejected the Genevea Conventions, the United States is descending deeper into a moral black hole.

We also know that many veterans often become police officers. At the same time, it would seem that the police are becoming increasingly hostile toward Americans in general.

Lets hope and pray that America wakes up before its too late.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Seems to me, cops are becoming some of the lowest scum this country knows. The duty is to serve and protect, not torture and urinate on. Is it just me, or do a large percentage of cops have psychiatric disorders?

What's worse, is that we keep hearing it's only the bad apples, yet when exactly has anyone heard a bunch of cops step forward and decry the abuses of their fellow men in uniforms? Never. It never happens. There's always an excuse for the way they acted.

Yet, do they show us that same leniency? If they actually cared, and had the ability to be truly empathetic towards another human, the same way the seem to be towards other cops, then we wouldn't have all this rampant abuse, now would we? Simply bad human beings.
edit on 9-1-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

You do make a good point. Rarely do you hear any condemnation from police departments.
edit on 9-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just goes to show you to never, ever trust a cop. The police are always your enemy, and if they can throw an innocent person under the bus to make themselves look good, they'll do it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

You do make a good point. Rarely do you hear any condemnation from police departments.
edit on 9-1-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

I think the reason you may not hear about discipline issues among the law enforcement officers is due to them wanting to keep those issues under the radar so to speak. There are probably many issues that are delt with and the general public never hears about it.

I personally feel that all discinplanary actions should be made public, after all they do work for is right...right?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I really, really hope that this isn't true...

If it is true, then I feel sorry for them, because they will suffer greatly in the afterlife.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll
I really, really hope that this isn't true...

If it is true, then I feel sorry for them, because they will suffer greatly in the afterlife.

We do not know if it is true. We are hearing only one side. But she has been granted the opportunity to sue the officers which will produce a trial where both sides can be told.

As always some people jump all over a one sided story as if it is absolutely true (not saying you, just in general)....

That is yet to be determined.
edit on January 9th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I just got a call from a best friend who got drug out of his car, beat up and tazzed in the back for nothing. He seen the cops lights on trying to pull him over so he pulled over and sat there waiting for the officer to tell him what the deal was and five cop cars box him in and then they proceed to yank him from his car and do this crap. They arrested him for resisting arrest, D.U.I and all because they think he swerved too much when he had only four drinks. He weighs over 250lbs 6'-2" who has spent the last ten years being a DJ for events and working in bars. He came from a sports bar after watching the Pittsburgh game.

Now who thinks this guy was intoxicated? I have been out with him drinking before and he can drink all night and still be normal looking. Also he is a gentle giant with friends on the police force in question. WTF!! I HATE COPS ANYMORE.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I completely understand that,

I just hope that people get their just deserves.

If it is true, no one should be put through what she apparently went through.

On the other hand, if it isn't true, no one should be blamed for something that disgusting.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

I just got a call from a best friend who got drug out of his car, beat up and tazzed in the back for nothing. He seen the cops lights on trying to pull him over so he pulled over and sat there waiting for the officer to tell him what the deal was and five cop cars box him in and then they proceed to yank him from his car and do this crap. They arrested him for resisting arrest, D.U.I and all because they think he swerved too much when he had only four drinks. He weighs over 250lbs 6'-2" who has spent the last ten years being a DJ for events and working in bars. He came from a sports bar after watching the Pittsburgh game.

Now who thinks this guy was intoxicated? I have been out with him drinking before and he can drink all night and still be normal looking. Also he is a gentle giant with friends on the police force in question. WTF!! I HATE COPS ANYMORE.

It is amazing however everyone always says: Cops did this to me and I did nothing!!! Every single person that is ever arrested! Hardly ever hear: yup, I screwed up and got what I deserved.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Did any of you so quick to condemn the actions of the PA state police actually read the article? With the facts given, this sounds ridiculous to me and in all probability another frivolous lawsuit tying up the court system on the taxpayers dime.

Derena Madison's lawsuit against officers Chad Weaver and Michael Zampogna, a person identified as Cooley and two unidentified individuals states Madison was taken into custody on charges of public drunkenness and disorderly conduct after she protested her friend's arrest for driving under the influence.

The suit alleges Weaver "twice sprayed [her] face, head and body with pepper spray, without justification ... for the purpose of torturing her."

Madison, who was restrained in handcuffs and manacles on her feet, said she called for help and officers carried her outside the barracks near Uniontown and poured large quantities of cold water on her head, leading her to black out. It wasn't reported when the incident allegedly took place.

"When she regained consciousness,"Madison allegedly "felt and smelled urine on her head, face, neck and person.She believes that while she was unconscious, one or more of the defendants urinated on her," the suit alleges.

Read more: www.upi.com...

What I read is that she was drunk and combative with the police, so much so she had to be sprayed twice and so drunk she passed out while the police were flushing the pepper spray off her face. After she had slept some of it off she woke up in a puddle of water and pepper spray residue and that is the basis of her story.

Hopefully the Pennsylvania State Police have followed other police departments around the country and recorded the incident.
edit on 9-1-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Too many cases to the contrary, people being traumatized and jailed for phoning 911, children being tazered. Sorry, I don't trust the truth or justice to be done by crooked courts, but the abuse by the police is wide spread.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It will be hard for the lady to prove anything unless she has kept clothing or other items as was from the time of the incidents, but there is no info on that. I don't get in the OP the war connection as there is no mention either of these policemen being ex-military, unless of course the OP already knows that they are. There is too much unknown here, like the water and then urinating, but if there is an MO going on and reported by others, that would certainly help in this case, and if she saved her clothes, there would possibly be DNA markers in the urine from the bladder at least.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Having been a police officer, I believe the reason no one ever hears about other officers coming out against that kind of behavior, is because a lot do. No one cares about that though. Just like for every story like this, there are thousands of stories where the officers do their job everyday without incident. People only want to hear about the negative. How many of you guys would have bothered with this thread if it read "Local police volunteer at youth center" or "Officers save a woman after being badly beaten by her boyfriend"? Now those officers using their badge to commit crimes need to be locked up and with general population. They give all those who go out everyday and deal with the dark side of humanity a bad name. If this story is true then the officers, their shift sgt and department head should all be held accountable but I like to wait for all the evidence before I come to a conclusion.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
It is amazing however everyone always says: Cops did this to me and I did nothing!!! Every single person that is ever arrested! Hardly ever hear: yup, I screwed up and got what I deserved.

If a person screwed up, getting what they deserve means getting due process. That means being non-violently arrested with rights read; it also means not being detained until conviction, unless the defendant is a known flight risk, at which point, bail (and not astronomical bail) should be set.

Getting what a person deserves for breaking the law, does not mean indefinite detention.

It does not mean being held for any period of time at all, without a charge.

It does not mean torture.

It does not mean that an officer should be able to falsely arrest, and/or bash a suspect, and then lie to their superiors that the suspect was resisting arrest, in order for them to get away with it.

It does not mean special rendition to another country, precisely because said country has less legal rights for its' citizens, so that the authorities can torture said individual with legal impunity.

I am tired of hearing the incessant argument that the police's hands are tied, and that they need more, and more, and MORE dehumanising, totalitarian powers in order to "fight terrorism;" especially considering that as far as I am concerned, the entire rationale behind the war on terror is a lie anyway.

If police want to view the civilian population as the enemy, they should be warned that that can and will go both ways. If they do the wrong thing, they should have their badge removed, and possibly be jailed as well, depending on the severity of said offense. They should NOT have both members of their own organisation, and gullible members of the public, defending their actions.

I see cases of police brutality on a daily basis on the Internet, and I have had enough. They have become utterly mindless rottweilers in human form; there is no restraint whatsoever, and no integrity. They need to be forcibly reminded of their place; that they are there as our servants, NOT as our masters.
edit on 10-1-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join