It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul In New Hampshire: U.S. Foreign Policy Toward Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

2 minute vid on Ron Paul's foreign policy with Israel.

-points made within the two minutes.

-Fundamental premise of Zionism: Independence and self reliance.

-He does not want to take money from Americans and send it overseas.

-Wants Israel to defend herself and wants the US to get out of her way. He specifically says that he doesn't want the US to interfere with Israel's sovereignty. in turn this means he wants Israel to be self reliant and independent... which was Zionism's core values when Israel was founded.

That's about it... now for my opinion.

I agree, we need to mind our own business and stop sending money overseas. We should let Israel do what they want without the US's help or permission. I think this is a logical approach.

But what worries me about this is that this can be mistaken as antisemitism or anti-Zionism.

what do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
only idiots take it as anti Semitism. and unfortunately, there are a lot of idiots in america. Just swallowing whatever the media feeds them

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

He makes some good points while not being anti-Semitic yet he should have said something more to let Israel know that we will help defend them if it looks like they could be overran or something to that effect. He would get more support that way.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

He could say something like that but the good DR is an anti-interventionist. He would let congress declare the war (The legal way.)... and not send in the troops himself if something like that happened.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I imagine it will be spun to be seen as anti semitic, even though it isn't. But, that's the way things go now. It's not really the content that matters but the medias spin on the content.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Well hell, look at them all here who deny that Israel belongs to the Jews despite the whole world history proving that fact if they look. Most believe the crap spouted off by the UN or the Islamic Arabs in the last 60 years like its truth when it is so far from the truth Yassar Arafat should have looked worse than Pinocchio. Besides most of them don't even know that the word Palestinian was invented by Arafat and there has NEVER EVER SINCE THE BIRTH OF MAN been a country called Palestine.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Sure, as they should but that doesn't mean that he couldn't ask Congress to do its job. He needs to state things like that for the non Ron Paul crowd as this is an election.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I believe Ron Paul is hiding his true feelings on the Mid East crisis and Israel.

He knows who butters the bread of many PACS and Lobbies within Washington.

But if he is sincere that Zionism is "self reliance" I have to split ways within and say "Total BS".

My two cents.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Defend Israel???
Why!?!?

Dont they have their own nukes?
Dont they have some of the best weapons the U.S can supply?

And for any monetary aid,shouldnt Israel pay for the damage to the USS Liberty?

So very very very tired of poor poor poor Israel.
How about poor poor Africa and the genocide thats being commited in those regions.

And to hell with this anti jew stuff,the people there are called ISRAELIS,not jews,jews are defined by a religion,not a region.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Cool down man. This is about RP and his potential relationship with Israel if he is elected POTUS and not about how people view Israel or how the world views Israel & Palestine. There are many threads on ATS where you can go all out on that subject.

back on topic. Do you think what ron paul was saying will hurt/help him win the Zionist vote or be seen as antisemitic or anti-Zionist?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

But what worries me about this is that this can be mistaken as antisemitism or anti-Zionism.

You are being too kind with your use of the word "mistaken". Any arguments of antisemitism leveled at Dr. Paul simply because he explains that tax dollars should not be used to interfere with other nations is, at its best, disingenuous.

Hitler used tax dollars to destroy Jews. What an outrage it would be if there were people who would claim Ron Paul is antisemitic for simply showing a sound fiscal policy and respecting Israel enough to handle their own problems.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

I have my doubts as well on his true feelings towards the middle east. He understands the history and how the US's influence in the ME since WWII and even before the war. So yea he may be a bit conserved when it comes to airing his thoughts.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Well from what you said it almost seems like its almost taboo to touch the subject. I wish that wasn't the case though.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

He makes some good points while not being anti-Semitic yet he should have said something more to let Israel know that we will help defend them if it looks like they could be overran or something to that effect. He would get more support that way.

more support "that way?" as in pandering to israeli lobbyist's?

no. no it would not. this is not israeli politics, its American.

we already give israel 8.2 million a day

they have played games and have not even signed Nuclear Non-Profllferation Treaty as show to the world of good faith "if" they were to get "the bomb"from day one.. which everyone suspected .. but Iran has.

and I'm not even going to start on your judgmental tone referring to RP as anti-Semitic..

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Well from what you said it almost seems like its almost taboo to touch the subject. I wish that wasn't the case though.

Me too brother, me too. Even so, the term "antisemitism", when used to shout down and drown out a cogent argument is nothing more than an ad hominem attack, and logical fallacies have existed far longer than the term "antisemitism" has. Sigh.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If people think giving Israel their sovereignty is anti semitic then maybe they are secretly anti semites.

Lets look at some simple logic

1. Politicians lie
2. Politicians say israel is americas eternal ally
why should you trust them? They are just trying to get the jewish vote.

At least ron paul says his honest opinion and does not pander for votes.
edit on 2-2-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

Ron Pauls views are simple, arab countries get 7 times the aid as israel, so cuting all aid would benefit israel. But of course foreign aid is not about protecting israel its about creating a powder keg.
edit on 2-2-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join