It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Reasons Not To Bomb Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

First, Iran's "civilian" nuclear program reaches back to the pre-revolutionary days of the Shah of Iran, and there is no proof, whether from the International Atomic Energy Agency or the U.S., that Iran is actually building a bomb.

www.cnn.com...

Former Iranian hostage says there is no proof that iran is building a bomb. As I have been saying it CNN now finally admits it as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

For what it seems the hundreth time...I will repeat this...IRAN SIGNED THE NPT....Nuclear NonProliferation Treaty to buy Nuclear tech. it did not have the expertise to develop on it's own...because of this....IRAN HAS NO RIGHT TO BUILD A NUCLEAR BOMB! They gave up that right when they signed the treaty.
Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

First, Iran's "civilian" nuclear program reaches back to the pre-revolutionary days of the Shah of Iran, and there is no proof, whether from the International Atomic Energy Agency or the U.S., that Iran is actually building a bomb.

www.cnn.com...

Former Iranian hostage says there is no proof that iran is building a bomb. As I have been saying it CNN now finally admits it as well.

Well now, if CNN is saying it then it must be true. Because surely, CNN, Foxnews, MSNBC and other such MSM propaganda machines aren't controlled by the powers that be. Its all 100% true news

Truly, you try so hard to be intelligent yet you have NO IDEA how far from it you really are. You are sheeple just like the rest, afraid to truly think outside the box and see things for what they really are. Everyone of your posts is just rubbish and nonsense. Anyone who thinks for a millisecond that the Iranian Navy will take out a battle group is just insane and asinine. MOVE TO IRAN since it is such a great country.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

I never said Iran was a great country, I am saying it is not our business. If you like the strait of hormuz so much why dont you move there.

Everyone of your posts is just rubbish and nonsense. Anyone who thinks for a millisecond that the Iranian Navy will take out a battle group is just insane and asinine

If you want to debate that go to that thread to do it. It seems no one was able to debunk my debate on that thread where I provided solid evidence.
edit on 11-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I had to register on here because SEABAG made me laugh with all of his fox news "They have a reactor underground they must be making a bomb" LOLLOLOLOLOLOL

Anyways on to my main point.

Some people just dont get it and will never get it. The middle east hates Isreal because Isreal should not be Isreal! The U.S. and Britian put Isreal where it is today. We basically said f**k you middle east we are putting this state here because Jesus wanted it this way, blah blah blah we need oil blah blah blah.

We did the same thing to the Indians in America, we said F**k you, were putting these ugly euros here on your land weather you like it or not, we have guns, you have a buffalo? Who is going to win that fight? HMMMM....so basically the Indians try to fight, but O #, the Indians are now labeled TERRORIST because they are fighting for their land and their own cause, but now we must destroy them because they dont believe our views.

Man this just sounds so familiar doesnt it?

Iran looks at America as a bully (which we are) and doesnt want to talk to us because of what they do(did) to their people. I would be just as pissed off too, but some Americans are to iggnorant and that is what makes countries hate us even more. We would definitly win the war, but we will collapse from within, and that is when China takes over being number one, because Americas can't work together like we used to, we are to worried about everyone else. (Hense why Kim Kardashian is famous)

edit on 14-1-2012 by ninjamikec because: wrong name

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec
I had to register on here because SEABAG made me laugh with all of his fox news "They have a reactor underground they must be making a bomb" LOLLOLOLOLOLOL

Some people just dont get it and will never get it. The middle east hates Isreal because Isreal should not be Isreal! The U.S. and Britian put Isreal where it is today. We basically said f**k you middle east we are putting this state here because Jesus wanted it this way, blah blah blah we need oil blah blah blah.

We did the same thing to the Indians in America, we said F**k you, were putting these ugly euros here on your land weather you like it or not, we have guns, you have a buffalo? Who is going to win that fight? HMMMM....so basically the Indians try to fight, but O #, the Indians are now labeled TERRORIST because they are fighting for their land and their own cause, but now we must destroy them because they dont believe our views.

Iran looks at America as a bully (which we are) and doesnt want to talk to us because of what they do(did) to their people. I would be just as pissed off too, but some Americans are to iggnorant and that is what makes countries hate us even more. We would definitly win the war, but we will collapse from within, and that is when China takes over being number one, because Americas can't work together like we used to, we are to worried about everyone else. (Hense why Kim Kardashian is famous)

Alot of what you have said here is true...but not all of it. Israel was a created state after WWII but you have to look at who helped the Nazi's to piss certain people off to say...the Hell with them...POW! Israel is HERE!

As far as past wrongs that the United States has done...sure we have...but so has every other country to a certain minority that they were taking advantage of at some point in time. Right now...that would be Iran fixing there election and beating and killing their own youth who protested...so lets not get too High and Mighty about who did what and when...because everyone is guilty.

As far as yout take on this concept of the demise of the U.S....I think not. I would guess the reason that you have such a low opinion of the U.S. is that you probably have never been to a Third World Country or even lived for a period of time over seas. I might be wrong but it sure sounds like it a I have and after a while...a person can't wait to get back to the U.S. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Have you ever wondered, why has not West been so sensitive about any other country in the world, as much as it is been about Iran?!............After all there are much more hostile ,far more radical regimes all over the world ,specially in the region..........they mostly have nuclear bombs ,fanatic regimes and dictator leaders.and a quick review to their history justifies actions to be taken upon them..( not that this is a good thing ).......Think about it,,, without taking a side............The truth will appear to you........Unless you are deep in your illusions, or very easily manipulated by anything you see or hear.....Peace..

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Alot of what you have said here is true...but not all of it. Israel was a created state after WWII but you have to look at who helped the Nazi's to piss certain people off to say...the Hell with them...POW! Israel is HERE!

As far as past wrongs that the United States has done...sure we have...but so has every other country to a certain minority that they were taking advantage of at some point in time. Right now...that would be Iran fixing there election and beating and killing their own youth who protested...so lets not get too High and Mighty about who did what and when...because everyone is guilty.

As far as yout take on this concept of the demise of the U.S....I think not. I would guess the reason that you have such a low opinion of the U.S. is that you probably have never been to a Third World Country or even lived for a period of time over seas. I might be wrong but it sure sounds like it a I have and after a while...a person can't wait to get back to the U.S. Split Infinity

I'm just saying you would be mad to if china put a country somewhere in America, a good reason why the middle east is pissed.

As far as America falling. It will happen, when? Who knows. Every super power falls, America is no different. Just think we knocked off britian for our freedom, its only time before someone else knocks us down.

I've been to Peru, not sure if you classify that as third world but my low opinion of the u.s. is because idiots are ruining this country right now, and Fox news is brainwashing people. Watch the movie v for vendetta because that's were the NWO is taking us. Obama is just the puppet just like every other president. Jkf was our last true president, and look what happen to him. The last thing we need is to start war with Iran because I don't care how many bombs you have 10 million Chinese people? Eventually at some point some of them will make it here and that's when # hits the fan.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjamikec

You really don't have enough information to either understand why some things are as well as be able to judge some of the actions...both good and bad...that the United States has made reguarding this area of the world. I have been there and there are some very progressive Arab states as well as states such as Saudi Arabia that we support reguardless that they are not a Democracy.

On it's face...this looks like hypocrisy as well as American double standards in dealing with one country as apposed to another. An example of this is how the U.S. deals with Pakistan and India as apposed to Iran. Both Pakistan and India have nuclear weapons and Iran is attempting to build one. Iran signed treaties to get it's tech. and Pakistan and India developed their own...reguardless....anyone of these States has been warned as well as directly informed of the actual consequences that would occur should use or sale of nuclear weapons or tech. should occur.

The United States acts in the interest of both the United States and the Stability of the World at large. Stability is the name of the game and the U.S. has Military bases and capabilities world wide spread across Continents as well as unrivaled Naval Power in the form of Carrier groups in all the worlds seas and oceans. The reason for this is to prevent any country from Blackmailing world trade by being able to close shipping lanes or threaten any particular counties lifeline of energy. These type of actions have happened many times in the Historical past and due to the massive capabilities of U.S. Military Power projection...it makes it unlikely that this will happen in the future.

As far as a country making statements via it's leadership in the form of threats to actually try to do this or threaten another country with statements such as Iran has done as well as North korea...having this huge U.S. Military buffer makes the world alot safer place than if it did not exist. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We should not invade, and absolutely should not try to occupy Iran. Why do we need to? Just pound them to rubble and go home.

Well that's a bit "harsh". To be honest, i have nothing against the Iranian people.
However, i wouldn't mind sending missiles up the ###es of the people in power. (Same with North Korea of course).

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
As far as a previous comment by a poster that the U.S. will soon be at the mercy of China...or implode from within...Again...they do not have enough information to understand what is really going on. Yes...we have financed our Budget deficits with huge Chinese Investments and loans...but the reason for this is because many of the other countries of the world are more interested in their own benifits and as long as they maintain this false sense of seperation to world events...they go on with buisness as usual and condem U.S. Military Power at the same time they benifit from it. As without U.S. protection...they would find themselves submissive to the whims of certain countries abilities to force their policies. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
What ever Iran plans with nuclear weapons if they use them i believe Israel(or the US/NATO) would first respond with a EMP burst over Iran,

While this sounds "reasonable" at the first glance, i can see that many wont see it like that, in particular whatever other countries supporting iran.

An EMP is caused by a high altitude nuclear detonation (correct me if i am wrong)...and the outrage will be BIG simply because a nuclear bomb exploded over Iran. Media and "enemy countries" will hardly differentiate that it was indeed detonated with the purpose to *limit* the loss of life. For them it will simply be a nuclear bomb.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by ANNED
What ever Iran plans with nuclear weapons if they use them i believe Israel(or the US/NATO) would first respond with a EMP burst over Iran,

While this sounds "reasonable" at the first glance, i can see that many wont see it like that, in particular whatever other countries supporting iran.

An EMP is caused by a high altitude nuclear detonation (correct me if i am wrong)...and the outrage will be BIG simply because a nuclear bomb exploded over Iran. Media and "enemy countries" will hardly differentiate that it was indeed detonated with the purpose to *limit* the loss of life. For them it will simply be a nuclear bomb.

Flexy...you are close to the truth.

There are other ways to produce an EMP that the U.S. Military has in it's inventory that do not use a Nuclear burst. The U.S. has small but very powerful non-nuclear EMP devices that can be dropped or launched from B-2's as well as be carried internaly within a F-22 bomb bay.

I have said many times on this board that this Highly capable tech. that can render entire Divisions of Enemy Weapon systems as well as tanks and troop carriers and anything else that uses electronics....would be the weapon of choice if the U.S. had to fight a war with either Iran or North Korea.

We would not want to contaminate Iranian oil supplies or kill Iranian youth that is on the verge of ousting their Leadership...as well as this type of weapon being a better choice than Retaliating to a North Korean attack due to the closeproximity of South Koreas capitol..Seol as well as the amount of radiation a modern U.S. Thermonuclear weapon woud generate.

The United States has been working on various forms of High tech. weapons for the purpose of responding to a massive conventional attack without the use of Nuclear Weapons for decades and these would be used in a situation in Korea as well as a way for the U.S. to render large scale Iranian Military responses in the event that Irans Nuclear sites would need to be seized by large numbers of U.S. special forces and airborne and rangers that would be needed to secure all Iranian Nuclear facilities.

To protect these forces...the use of these EMP devices as well as other advanced weapory would be needed to render Iranian counter attacks useless. Many people on this board think that this is but fantasy...but I assure you it is not...in fact these are some of the lower advanced systems the U.S. has at it's disposal. This is why i think it imparative that both Iran and North Korea are warned through channels such as the Chinese that these U.S. capabilities are real...as this could possibly ease tentions if these countries knew what they were up against. Both are counting on a lack of will from U.S. allies over possible large scale war and loss of life...when the reality is in both cases...that the U.S. can carry out actions that are of such a level that nuclear threats are no longer such a great deterent or issue. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

If you like the strait of hormuz so much why dont you move there.

LMFAO! Now this is pure ATS gold!

I'm sorry but this bit was just flat out retarded.

"I'm taking over the highway and it is now closed, in the name of allah!"
-"...No, I use that highway to go to work and finance my family"
"WELL IF YOU LOVE THAT HIGHWAY SO MUCH WHY DONT YOU MOVE THERE?!"

By the way..

www.cnn.com...

CNN is not admitting it, it is reporting the words of a former Iranian hostage.
But I wouldn't put it past you to try twisting the deal and make it sound like CNN is actually saying that.

I'm actually starting to suspect you are actually here to make Iran supporters look stupidly insane. If that's the case you are doing quite a good job.

If not, and what you post is actually things that you consider true, well.. I'm glad you're stuck here on ATS where your opinions mean squat.
edit on 15-1-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Imightknow

I never said Iran was a great country, I am saying it is not our business. If you like the strait of hormuz so much why dont you move there.

Everyone of your posts is just rubbish and nonsense. Anyone who thinks for a millisecond that the Iranian Navy will take out a battle group is just insane and asinine

If you want to debate that go to that thread to do it. It seems no one was able to debunk my debate on that thread where I provided solid evidence.
edit on 11-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I read that thread. They picked your "Solid evidence" apart. You lie, stick your fingers in your ears and lie again. When the argument doesn't go your way, you leave than come back a few pages later and start your B.S again.

You have done it two or three times in this thread alone. You ask for "evidence" than you get it, say its not enough stick your fingers in you ears say la la la.. than run again.

Wow, I've seen some stupid people on this site but you take the cake man! I really can not believe the B.S you spew. You have to be a paid disinformation agent No one on earth can be as stupid as you are.

Here is another of your good gems paraphrased a few pages back on this thread. Iraq had no WMD, or Were are the WMD's there were supposed to be in Iraq?

www.nypost.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now be a man, which I don't think your capable of and do some real research, not that B.S half baked crap you pull up. That is lies or B.S and do a search using Bing or Google and you will find plenty of "evidence" at least what you think is "evidence" and you will find that Iran is building Nuclear weapons.

Its not Rocket science, but for you it may be. Deny Ignorance, for once in stead of embracing it...
edit on 15-1-2012 by Reaper2137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

I tried to google and bing for evidence, maybe im doing something wrong since you are claiming there is a ton of evidence that you would think be all over every media station?

This was really the only good article I saw.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

"Like earlier claims about Iraq’s drive for Weapons of Mass Destruction, will they help pave the way for another war?

Or like the evidence of Saddam’s Chemical Weapons laboratories that Colin Powell presented to the United Nations, will they be seen as a lie. Remember the satellite photos of mobile chemical weapons laboratories that Powell claimed provided “irrefutable” proof of Saddam Hussein’s WMD program?"

The fact is, its all speculation, there is no factual evidence. If there was real evidence, that nuclear site would look like the grand canyon. America knows it does not want to repeat an Iraq war, but Isreal is trying to push us yet again to another mistake.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I tried to google and bing for evidence, maybe im doing something wrong since you are claiming there is a ton of evidence that you would think be all over every media station?

"Like earlier claims about Iraq’s drive for Weapons of Mass Destruction, will they help pave the way for another war?

Or like the evidence of Saddam’s Chemical Weapons laboratories that Colin Powell presented to the United Nations, will they be seen as a lie. Remember the satellite photos of mobile chemical weapons laboratories that Powell claimed provided “irrefutable” proof of Saddam Hussein’s WMD program?"

The fact is, its all speculation, there is no factual evidence. If there was real evidence, that nuclear site would look like the grand canyon. America knows it does not want to repeat an Iraq war, but Isreal is trying to push us yet again to another mistake.

I provided links, if you like if you scroll down, on the thread I was provided on ATS, a member on one of the few last posts on the page, lists like 3-5 links confirming the source. As well as my link to the NY post not good enough, before any of this came out I told people here on ATS that while I was in the Army we found WMD's in Iraq while I was there.

Yet no one believed me, What are you talking about America knows it doesn't want another Iraq War, did you see the polls? They people according to the News say that we must intervene in Iran to stop a Nuclear problem.

I don't think Iran will pose much of a threat as long as we don't go boots on ground. Than its going to a long protracted battle, that we will win no matter what the others say. They are an out matched 3rd rate military, they will get steam rolled in a matter or weeks if not months.

Either way we should stay the hell out of Iran the problem can be solved with smart bombs and missiles. or we could go with the nuclear option that would be ironic wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Iran may be moving peaceful equipment so when the U S and Israel bomb,

Iran will still have thier power source after the fact..

Thats what I would do if I were them.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

I provided links, if you like if you scroll down, on the thread I was provided on ATS, a member on one of the few last posts on the page, lists like 3-5 links confirming the source. As well as my link to the NY post not good enough, before any of this came out I told people here on ATS that while I was in the Army we found WMD's in Iraq while I was there.

Yet no one believed me, What are you talking about America knows it doesn't want another Iraq War, did you see the polls? They people according to the News say that we must intervene in Iran to stop a Nuclear problem.

I don't think Iran will pose much of a threat as long as we don't go boots on ground. Than its going to a long protracted battle, that we will win no matter what the others say. They are an out matched 3rd rate military, they will get steam rolled in a matter or weeks if not months.

Either way we should stay the hell out of Iran the problem can be solved with smart bombs and missiles. or we could go with the nuclear option that would be ironic wouldn't it?

Well if the media said it, it just must be true.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

How about were I said I was there and was part of teams that located them?

Well if the media said it, it just must be true.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join