It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Reasons Not To Bomb Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Who made USA the policeman of the world, that they have to answer to them? The only country to use nukes is saying to others not to use them?? Hypocrisy..Why should the IAEA even ask that question? Lets say they are developing nukes of which you have provided ZERO evidence, Iran has enemies on all sides threatening it; it needs them for its survival.

Once again, I will ask you, please provide physical evidence that undeniable proves that Iran is making nukes, not that there is anything wrong with doing so anyway.

The IAEA is doing its job

en.wikipedia.org...

The IAEA serves as an intergovernmental forum for scientific and technical cooperation in the peaceful use of nuclear technology and nuclear power worldwide. The programs of the IAEA encourage the development of the peaceful applications of nuclear technology, provide international safeguards against misuse of nuclear technology and nuclear materials, and promote nuclear safety (including radiation protection) and nuclear security standards and their implementation.

Iran needs to protect themselves, so that is justified by means of obtaining the ability to start a nuclear war? How about train a bigger army? Or get some ships that aren't 50 years old? A third world country run by leaders with extremist jihad tendencies do not EVER need this kind of power. There is no justification. Yell hypocrisy all you want. Life's not fair. We didn't attempt to wipe a country off of the map because our religion dictates that.

en.wikipedia.org...

Our dear Imam (referring to Ayatollah Khomeini) said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement. We cannot compromise over the issue of Palestine. Is it possible to create a new front in the heart of an old front. This would be a defeat and whoever accepts the legitimacy of this regime has in fact, signed the defeat of the Islamic world. Our dear Imam targeted the heart of the world oppressor in his struggle, meaning the occupying regime. I have no doubt that the new wave that has started in Palestine, and we witness it in the Islamic world too, will eliminate this disgraceful stain from the Islamic world.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your logic here. No matter how deep your self loathing Anti American ideology runs, nothing you will say will make Iran having nuclear capabilities sound even remotely close to a good idea. I could also say the same thing about the US "needing them for protection." and that we used them for protection. In fact, you can say that about any country, but it doesn't make it right. No country should have nukes and especially an extremist Islamic regime who has talked of taking Israel off the map. It seems given the chance, you would not want to stop a nuclear war from happening because you think that Iran wouldn't use them. Open your eyes and look at what their #ing leader is saying.

Once again I will say, I do not need to provide any 'evidence' as the United States has not taken physical action regarding this, and yet you continue to act like we have invaded them and need an explanation. I will not repeat myself again. Evidence is not needed unless an unjustifiable act is committed.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see what Iran is doing. Don't let your (justified) anger towards our government blind you from what Iran is doing.
edit on 9-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

The IAEA is doing its job en.wikipedia.org...

They are extremely biased against Iran. Look at the countries running it, USA is the biggest one, it is like asking the bully to write up what happened on the playground during an argument.

No country should have nukes and especially an extremist Islamic regime who has talked of taking Israel off the map.

Especially Islamic countries? So you are biased against any country that does not like Israel? Also if you are an American you need to worry about the US soldiers that could possibly die as a result of defending Israel. Israel can do it alone, we are Americans and it is our job to defend the USA, not some other country.

Also that quote has been proven to be a mistranslation, Ahmadenajad said 'zionist regime' in reference to the government.

What about other countries such as Zionist countries that want war with middle eastern countries, they should not also have nukes. This is merely self defense from aggression.
edit on 9-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I am biased against any country (especially religious extremist countries. religion is the cause for the most deaths throughout history.) that talks of taking countries off of the map. I also think you're misunderstanding me. I am not for Israel. I am not for any country having nuclear capability. These days a lot of countries have nukes, not just the US like back in WWII. Using a nuke would undoubtedly end up with an exchange from multiple countries. This doesn't only affect the people that it directly kills, but the people affected due to fallout and tainted food and water supplies.

I am for defending the US but you know Iran would have us painted as a target too. We aren't the only ones who know that Zionists have infiltrated our government. I will take any risk necessary for them to not have nuclear weapons.

I would say I hope they get nukes so I can prove my point, but I feel things would escalate so fast that I wouldn't get the chance to say I told you so. China will get involved. It's a Catch 22 if you really look at it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Then why couldn't Ahmadinejad just say no when he was asked repeatedly if they would weaponize nuclear arms? (see video above)

Why have they obstructed IAEA inspections?

Again, there is more suspicion to point that they are weaponizing. Of course the burden of proof is on the accuser. Why do you think we haven't bombed the # out of them yet?

Within the bubble of civil society (made possible by the police and military) that may be true - but outside that bubble the burden of proof necessarily lies with the accused to demonstrate they are not a threat. That was Saddams big mistake!

Everyone knows full well Iran is pursuing nukes and the means to deliver them - all this nonsense about proof and verification, is just cynical political manouvering being played by the 'international community'

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Everyone knows full well Iran is pursuing nukes and the means to deliver them - all this nonsense about proof and verification, is just cynical political manouvering being played by the 'international community'

I agree. America is portrayed as the world bully, which I can to some extent understand. Now, everyone feels the need to nitpick every action we take, although (not admitted of course) they can clearly see what is happening, and deep down they know the implications.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Everyone on here who is sympathetic towards Iran now will regret it in the future. Iran is a country that is out for themselves with an extreme figurehead leading the charge. Just because Iran hasn't attacked another nation in so many years or whatever means nothing. Look at the changes in their government. That's what you have to look at. Look at who's been running the show and who's running the show now. Also look at Iran/Persia before oil, now look at Iran and what's it became because of oil. Not only that but what surrounds Iran as well. If any of you don't think Iran's first move isn't going to be to dominate the middle east once it has nukes your clearly mistaken. If they succeed they control oil, if they control oil, they control YOU!!! Or atleast dramatically reshape your way of life.

Forget about Ahmadinejad, he's just a spokesman/figurehead for the current political system that works for Iran. A political system that keeps the people of Iran in check for the Ayatollah. Ahmadinejhad is ranked the 14th most powerful person in Iran. You need to know and worry about these other 13, but none more so than the Ayatollah whom took over Iran with his violent revolution. This is the one that should scare all of you. He hates America. Just because he hasn't ordered any conflict towards us lately doesn't mean anything. They have been getting the country in line, their technology, their military, now their nukes. Now for what? Protection? HA. This has been a build up in the making. They are going for domination of the Middle East, not just for oil but for the spread of Islam and control. They want to force their religious beliefs on the world and control the world with them. These people truly believe the can make their "antichrist" appear.

The U.S. is called Bully #1 because other less powerful countries don't like us and we make them weaker when we dominate. Doesn't mean they'd be different though if the shoes switched feet. I'm also tired of people writing articles like this guy saying Iran's military would be to much of an opponent for the U.S.

People do not understand what went on in Iraq. The first gulf war, we defeated the 4th largest army in the world in under 96 hours. Barely lost any equipment. Won the largest tank battle in history without losing a single tank. Military vs Miltary, no one stands a chance, i'm sorry they just don't. Iran's military would be wiped out in a week. So what went on in Iraq? We wound up "policing" Iraq. No military would be able to do any better. Your there to project order, not death. The military deals death best, but we can also give out order. When you have to police a whole country and the citizens don't listen or you don't know what your enemy looks like they're going to get some hits on you. Your at a market trying to protect the Iraqi way of life. Your staring at 5,000 busy citizens going about their day doing their thing, all dressed normally. Then all of a sudden 4 or 5 jump out of nowhere and mow down U.S. soldiers. Or your riding along in your humvee on one of the thousands of roads that go on for many miles and you hit a well buried ied. Come on people, that's not war. No military on earth could do any better. That doesn't make us a bad military.

Now, you put us up against a squadron of enemy fighter jets, an armada of navy vessels, a column of enemy tanks, a few squads of Iranian soldiers that stuff we will wipe out in nothing flat, tell a joke and be home before dinner. I'm just sick to death of people saying our military is weak because of our policing ablilities. It's the only ammo they have against such a powerful military. Military vs military, the U.S. will wipe the floor and the windows out with any opponent currently on this earth.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What ever Iran plans with nuclear weapons if they use them i believe Israel(or the US/NATO) would first respond with a EMP burst over Iran,
This would destroy much of Iran's military capability without killing a large number of people or destroying cites.
the few that did die would be ones that needed power to stay alive or had pacemakers that no longer worked.

Then the UN could walk in and arrest the leaders of Iran that ordered the attack for using a WMD without reason (a war crime)and rebuild the country.

And Israel could go to the world courts and demand reparations for all the damage done to Israel.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Has Israel allowed the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) to inspect its facilities?
Don't think so.
Bringing Israel into the IAEA fold

So why don't we have them be subjected to the same policies and threats against Iran?

And the thousand pages of documents; did these come from the same sources that concluded Iraq had WMD's?

Just a distraction, albeit a damn deadly one, from the fact that Western economies are coming to the realisation that they don't have the ability to repay debt. Italy has no hope of refinancing debt due the end of January, that's when it comes unstuck.
Everyone will fall over.
Best to have a bogeyman to blame for all your woes rather than your own greed.
It'll blow up, no doubt.
But not until SOPA has been passed.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Colbomoose because: typographical error

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I wish the U.S. would just stay out of it, the professional i don't agree with a lot of what you say but you are right we should defend our homeland and that is that. Considering the fact we can't even police our own country right.. Let Israel and Iran duke it out if need be, hoping that no nukes are used again in the history of humankind or there will be no history of humankind.
Why can't Iran open up and let the U.S. help them with their energy needs? Obviously something isn't right.. Of course everyone will say there is another agenda for the U.S. and if not them then Iran, which there might be.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
One reason to bomb Iran.

Because that damn song's been stuck in my head since the eighties!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

You seem to forget History. How many times did Egypt under Nassar try to destroy Israel? How Many times have orginizations that actually have Street Offices in Syria....Hamas....Islamic Jihad...etc....launched missles or sent suicide bombers....always KIDS strapped up with explosives or a Man or now even Women who are told either do this or we will kill your family....attact Israeli Civilian Targets?

The ONLY reason that Israel has not already attact Iran is because the U.S. has said NO to this point. WHY? Because an attack on a NUKE BOMB making facility that is blown up by American Made Jets....will poison the whole region.

Iran will implode by itself because it's youth longs for freedom and an end to Stone Age laws and actions. If Iran was so stupid to close the straight...and I don't think they are that stupid...the Fifth fleet would wipe out the Iranian Navy, Airforce....and all costal Iranian Military installations and then stop to see how Iran reacted.

If Iran does indeed build a Bomb and declares as much....the U.S. would go all in and deploy massive Special Forces numbers as well as Rangers and Airborn to seize all Nuclear Iranian sites. The U.S. would as another poster mentioned...use several EMP's but non-nuclear as the U.S. has advanced tech in this area to completely neutralize all Iranian Weapons.

This whole issue is IRANS doing and they have threatened themselves into a corner...and you can all FORGET China or Russia coming to Irans aid....the U.S. Markets are of vast more importants that a back water Stone Aged Leadership and both would probably welcome a regime change. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Besides, the source is Iranian….do you think they would print something unfavorable?
Do you think your American sources would print something favorable to Iranians? They have a pretty good reputation for reliable information right? How many times have they lied??
Stick your head outa the sand and think for yourself

Iran hasn't attacked a single country hundreds of years, and has only been attacked primarily by western countries through indirect proxies, economic sanctions, psyops, consistent threats, and undeniable regime overthrow

There is no direct physical evidence that they are after a nuclear weapon and EVEN if they are, they have every right to as a member of the UN. Obviously it would be undesirable for warmongering, bloodthirsty superpowers like US/Israel because then they wouldn't have the balls to stand up against them and steal their natural resources

Here is a picture of Iran's friendly neighbours (from CorruptionExposed), I wonder why won't they invite them for tea and cookies ? Each star is an American base

edit on 10-1-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm disgusted to see the same kind of "weapons of mass destruction" mentality in this thread.. especially on ATS

#ing warmongers' just go and rally in some place and destroy yourselves because the rest of the world doesn't want another war
edit on 10-1-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79
Everyone on here who is sympathetic towards Iran now will regret it in the future. Iran is a country that is out for themselves with an extreme figurehead leading the charge. Just because Iran hasn't attacked another nation in so many years or whatever means nothing. Look at the changes in their government. That's what you have to look at. Look at who's been running the show and who's running the show now. Also look at Iran/Persia before oil, now look at Iran and what's it became because of oil. Not only that but what surrounds Iran as well. If any of you don't think Iran's first move isn't going to be to dominate the middle east once it has nukes your clearly mistaken. If they succeed they control oil, if they control oil, they control YOU!!! Or atleast dramatically reshape your way of life.

Forget about Ahmadinejad, he's just a spokesman/figurehead for the current political system that works for Iran. A political system that keeps the people of Iran in check for the Ayatollah. Ahmadinejhad is ranked the 14th most powerful person in Iran. You need to know and worry about these other 13, but none more so than the Ayatollah whom took over Iran with his violent revolution. This is the one that should scare all of you. He hates America. Just because he hasn't ordered any conflict towards us lately doesn't mean anything. They have been getting the country in line, their technology, their military, now their nukes. Now for what? Protection? HA. This has been a build up in the making. They are going for domination of the Middle East, not just for oil but for the spread of Islam and control. They want to force their religious beliefs on the world and control the world with them. These people truly believe the can make their "antichrist" appear.

The U.S. is called Bully #1 because other less powerful countries don't like us and we make them weaker when we dominate. Doesn't mean they'd be different though if the shoes switched feet. I'm also tired of people writing articles like this guy saying Iran's military would be to much of an opponent for the U.S.

People do not understand what went on in Iraq. The first gulf war, we defeated the 4th largest army in the world in under 96 hours. Barely lost any equipment. Won the largest tank battle in history without losing a single tank. Military vs Miltary, no one stands a chance, i'm sorry they just don't. Iran's military would be wiped out in a week. So what went on in Iraq? We wound up "policing" Iraq. No military would be able to do any better. Your there to project order, not death. The military deals death best, but we can also give out order. When you have to police a whole country and the citizens don't listen or you don't know what your enemy looks like they're going to get some hits on you. Your at a market trying to protect the Iraqi way of life. Your staring at 5,000 busy citizens going about their day doing their thing, all dressed normally. Then all of a sudden 4 or 5 jump out of nowhere and mow down U.S. soldiers. Or your riding along in your humvee on one of the thousands of roads that go on for many miles and you hit a well buried ied. Come on people, that's not war. No military on earth could do any better. That doesn't make us a bad military.

Now, you put us up against a squadron of enemy fighter jets, an armada of navy vessels, a column of enemy tanks, a few squads of Iranian soldiers that stuff we will wipe out in nothing flat, tell a joke and be home before dinner. I'm just sick to death of people saying our military is weak because of our policing ablilities. It's the only ammo they have against such a powerful military. Military vs military, the U.S. will wipe the floor and the windows out with any opponent currently on this earth.

Your post is like fresh air. Thank you for taking the time to write that.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
lol so many on here dont realize reality.. its there right in front of your face smack bang in the god damn middle!!
when you put the dots together you can see the frigging picture man! there is literally a different picture (in real reality) than what that slimline idiot box spits at you. what most live in is a fabricated reality, unaware of your true existence. if i were a powerfull elite this war would be exactly what im after, although its still just an obstacle to my final goal
edit on 10-1-2012 by 1beerplease because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by seabag

Once again, is there physical evidence of purported nuclear weapons being made? The report found no such evidence. The IAEA did not find any physical evidence. Please show me the pages on the report that delineate the evidence. The burden of proof is on the accuser.

What country moves its “peaceful nuclear energy” program underground?

One that feels threatened by irrational countries armed to the teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The best deterrent would be to open its nuclear program up to inspection.

They did that, and also are signed members of the NPT. your favorite country in the region is not and has not.

What country moves its “peaceful nuclear energy” program underground?

A country constantly being threatened with a pre-emptive strike by Israel or the US maybe?

i'm also sad that the loss of innocent life isn't at the top of that list. but I'm a commie pinko socialist leftist who thinks every life on earth is special and deserves a free and happy life.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
UK have already backed, out origonally saying they will respond militarilly, but then hiding behind the EU saying they dnt want any of this, I dont think US should respond militarrily becuase they have enough blood on there hands as it is, they feel like they can decide everything that happens on earth, it no like they own the Strait!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1beerplease
lol so many on here dont realize reality.. its there right in front of your face smack bang in the god damn middle!!
when you put the dots together you can see the frigging picture man! there is literally a different picture (in real reality) than what that slimline idiot box spits at you. what most live in is a fabricated reality, unaware of your true existence. if i were a powerfull elite this war would be exactly what im after, although its still just an obstacle to my final goal
edit on 10-1-2012 by 1beerplease because: (no reason given)

I think you have no clue what your talking about

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder, how many countries may have discovered oil or gas on their territories in the past decade but keep quiet about it because they have not yet developed nuclear weapons to protect themselves from the sudden import of American democracy???

Sounds like a very sound strategy. If you have something valuable - make sure you can protect it. The only thing which can be considered a protection on the International Level is nuclear weapons' capability and your readiness to use them. Even if Iran IS developing nuclear weapons I cannot criticize them for it, they saw what was happening to the neighboring countries WITH oil but WITHOUT WMD.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join