Seven Reasons Not To Bomb Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

It doesnt matter to Americans......?¿?¿.....did I read that right.....

since when.....wait .....to Americans.....What-------are you insane....yes it does......of course it does....are you nuts¿?¿?

maybe you........
edit on 9-1-2012 by newyorkee because: naive much

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee

Men who feel strong in the justice of their cause, or confident in their powers, do not waste breath in childish boast of their own superiority and querulous depreciation of their antagonists." - James Russell Lowell

Peace is not the lack of war, but an inner virtue which has its source in the courage of the soul.
Baruch Spinoza

To subdue an enemy without fighting is the greatest of skills.
Sun Tzu

The superior man seeks what is right.
Confucius

Think, feel, and act like a warrior. Set yourself apart from the rest of society by your personal excellence.
Forrest E. Morgan

It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down -- Yagyu Munenori

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. -- Lao Tzu

In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace. The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence under no circumstances can it be neglected. -- Sun Tzu

To fight and conquer in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy with no fight at all, that's the highest skill. -- Sun Tzu

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it. -- Gen. Douglas MacArthur

All war is deception. -- Sun Tzu
"

After two posts I must ask….Have you any thoughts of your own or are you a book of quotations?

What is YOUR opinion on the matter?

By the way, please source your references or I may think you are changing the wording to fit your agenda.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Heres a good reason to bomb Iran that no-ones picked upon yet. They live in a very active earthquake zone, so building Nuclear powerplants is incredibly stupid and just asking for a fukushima style accident. So never mind Nuclear weapons, this reason alone is enough to stop their stupidity right now.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here's another Iran article by Lowther from 2010.

Iran’s Two-Edged Bomb

Sounds like he is all for the continuance of the U.S.' military establishment, and expansion of our influence in the Middle East in response to a nuclear Iran.
edit on 1/9/12 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: Correction.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So now you are putting words in my mouth by saying a support Iran? I don't
support war, full stop. Now, people like you will always look at your government
as mini gods, and thats a shame because they are just human like you and me.

You might crave and love war, but i dont. As for why america invaded iraq. You really think
it was for the good of the people, libya, for the good of the people? and now iran looks set to
be next in line. Funny how it seems to be all these middle east countries, dont you think?

Why not invade north korea, burma etc for the good of the people.

What happens if china and russia decide to stick up for iran? If that happens,
we can kiss our asses goodbye.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
you serve the world bank....because you are WILLING and justify an honor-less cause relying (rather cowardly) on the blood of patriots spilled as your defense....you are an aggressive hypocrite.....you talk of injustice and danger for people....yet advocate war.....

did I miss anything,.....you think we should send the military in with the purpose of using their weapons.....right....not like....water guns and water balloons....bombs...bullets....get our people shot at.....and we do so for the children.....

Of Iran....you want to wage war with them.....for their kids....¿?¿?¿

you make me smile.....

edit on 9-1-2012 by newyorkee because: oh you noble psychopath...you are my hero....kill em all

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
sooooooooo

you think that by "sending in the marines" this situation will turn out better than the countless times we have been lied to by the CIA and other military propaganda machines for the interest of corporate/ private gain.......and we are supposed to "get in line" behind you MORALY when you preach a philosophy of intolerance and fear......did I miss anything.....mr-rambo

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
you serve the world bank....because you are WILLING and justify an honor-less cause relying (rather cowardly) on the blood of patriots spilled as your defense....you are an aggressive hypocrite.....you talk of injustice and danger for people....yet advocate war.....

did I miss anything,.....you think we should send the military in with the purpose of using their weapons.....right....not like....water guns and water balloons....bombs...bullets....get our people shot at.....and we do so for the children.....

Of Iran....you want to wage war with them.....for their kids....¿?¿?¿

you make me smile.....

edit on 9-1-2012 by newyorkee because: oh you noble psychopath...you are my hero....kill em all

You did miss something...

Diplomats on Monday confirmed a report that Iran has begun uranium enrichment at an underground bunker and said the news is particularly worrying because the site is being used to make material that can be upgraded more quickly for use in a nuclear weapon than the nation's main enriched stockpile.

The diplomats said that centrifuges at the Fordo site near Iran's holy city of Qom are churning out uranium enriched to 20 percent. That level is higher than the 3.5 percent being made at Iran's main enrichment plant and can be turned into fissile warhead material faster and with less work.

But it’s just for peaceful energy production, right? Why then has Iran produced so much enriched uranium?…

About 8,000 centrifuges are operating at Natanz, where five years of enrichment have turned out enough material for several nuclear warheads.

Now Iran has taken another American hostage, a guy visiting his grandmother…as if that will stall things…

Iran charges that as a former U.S. Marine, Amir Mirzaei Hekmati received special training and served at U.S. military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan before heading to Iran for his alleged intelligence mission. The radio report did not say when the verdict was issued. Under Iranian law, Hekmati, a dual U.S.-Iranian national has 20 days to appeal. His father, a professor at a community college in Flint, Michigan, has said his son is not a CIA spy and was visiting his grandmothers in Iran when he was arrested.
link

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
nope didn't miss a thing....just more your style....push war....push push push ....

what's diplomacy you say....oh it's this useless thing we don't need really.....we all know there is no solution better devised than attack.....it's easy really.....when you think about it.....just killing them....will solve the root of all these problems ....right....it's the moral imperative....to invade them...and kill them......right that what your still going with....ok....got it.....

I feel much better about it now that you say it's our only course of action since YOU are an expert....god forbid anyone who does not have all YOUR qualifications....to even think of another way their country should respond.....

I mean who the hell do the American people think they are when they tell their government that they don't want war with every damn nation we might find upsetting to our high and enlightened principles of pre-emptive strike..

throw in some political destabilization...military coup d'état backed by the CIA...etc.......tools of peace really

got any Iran contra clippings or links....we should read up on and see why Iran is hostile to the USA...not why we should be hostile back....people like you got us in this situation....where the common man is pitted against each other for banks and private hawk like thieves

edit on 9-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Before this escalates any further...

The personal attacks will stop now... Lest my poo stained fingers begin to get all button clicky and many frowny faces result.

Civil, on topic discussion is the order of the day...

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Let me ask how that is a ridiculous question? I think it is valid, as it was his chance to tell the world that he was innocent of what they accused. He has no problem telling the IAEA that it's only for medicine or wtf ever. He could have said yes for defensive purposes, but he chooses to be evasive and not give a direct answer.

He also could have said no comment.

I never said evidence, so don't put words in my mouth. I said suspicion.
edit on 9-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

Who made USA the policeman of the world, that they have to answer to them? The only country to use nukes is saying to others not to use them?? Hypocrisy..Why should the IAEA even ask that question? Lets say they are developing nukes of which you have provided ZERO evidence, Iran has enemies on all sides threatening it; it needs them for its survival.

Once again, I will ask you, please provide physical evidence that undeniable proves that Iran is making nukes, not that there is anything wrong with doing so anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Your post there references the facilities at Qom for Nuclear enrichment and likely where some of the most sensitive and critical nuclear weapons development is going on for the precise electronics and shielding that's needed.

I thought it worth tossing out for those who the name Qom doesn't resonate with (it didn't for me for a long time), to some sects of the Muslim Faith over there, bombing this place would be akin to calling B-52 strikes right up and down Medina in Saudi Arabia.

Iran chose well when they chose that spot to stick the goodies. Of COURSE Obama is aware of the importance and critical nature of this place, too. Perhaps more so than most....... I wonder if that will make things harder or easier for Obama to attack it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join