It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pieces are Falling into Place. US Citizen Sentenced to Death in Iran.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

An Iranian court has convicted a US man of working for the CIA and sentenced him to death, according to a state radio report, amid tensions between Iran and the international community over a suspected new nuclear facility.

Iran says that Amir Mirzaei Hekmati received special training and served at US military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan before heading to Iran for his alleged intelligence mission.

The radio report on Monday did not say when the verdict was issued. Under Iranian law, he has 20 days to appeal.

The Obama administration denied that Hekmati was a CIA spy, and sharply criticised the Islamic Republic for what it called a pattern of arresting innocent people for political reasons.

The 28-year-old former military translator being held in Iran was born in Arizona and graduated from high school in Michigan. His family is of Iranian origin.

His father, a professor at a community college in Flint, Michigan, has said his son is not a CIA spy and was visiting his grandmothers in Iran when he was arrested.

Hekmati's trial took place as the US announced new, tougher sanctions against Iran over its nuclear programme.

The US and other Western countries believe Iran is developing atomic weapons, an accusation Iran denies.

www.aljazeera.com...

I don't know if the US government will allow one of its citizens to be executed based on a verdict from an obvious mock trial. Or at least in all likely-hood we will use this as an excuse to launch an attack on Iran. The timing just seems too convenient. It is like both nations want another war.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

yea saw that story early today to and thought " so this is how it's going to happen " .

It just makes too much sense and I'm not even much of a chess player.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is definitely interesting. However, I cannot see the US starting a war over one citizen being put to death in Iran. Stranger things have happned I guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
rhm... yea... hes a cia spy so, he knew and everybody else knew what would happen if he got caught.

Dont make it look innocent with the "US Citizen" thing and "man working for the cia"... hes a spook.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There is no way we will start a war because one of our
spys got caught and now faces execution. No way!
I'm still hoping there can be some kind of resolution. Afterall, we did
just save several of their pirates lives. May be a trade involved?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOUTH44
There is no way we will start a war because one of our
spys got caught and now faces execution. No way!
I'm still hoping there can be some kind of resolution. Afterall, we did
just save several of their pirates lives. May be a trade involved?
This isn't the cause, it is only a piece of kindling on the fire that is being built. Between this, the sanctions, the threats of closing the Strait, it is all leading up to something bad.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Where is Chappy Sinclair when you need him?

To be serious, I do not see the US doing anything in the wake of this decision. This decision shouldn;t surprise anyone, and I would say it's SOP for the regime. It's what we do and what they subsequently do. Carry on.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Judged jurored and executed and i thought Iran was bad not as bad and people going hes CIa oh well.

This site is sad lately and severely lacking crtichal thinking skills.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well neo we would really really love to hear and read some of your critical thinking on the subject matter of Iran and people going yeah cia so maybe hes bad too and stuff because he was arrested by regime and mock trial is bad but who else would try him and judge him before the execution they give him when on ats it never amazes me either and stuff

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

sharply criticised the Islamic Republic for what it called a pattern of arresting innocent people for political reasons.

Umm, pot calling the kettle black much?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
rhm... yea... hes a cia spy so, he knew and everybody else knew what would happen if he got caught.

Dont make it look innocent with the "US Citizen" thing and "man working for the cia"... hes a spook.
The only evidence we have for being a spy is the Iranian State media. Unless they let a neutral third party come in and look at the evidence, there is no way to verify it.

top topics

join