It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

never mind,just skip this thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Is this even possible?

I've tried BBcode [scroll] and html methods with no result. There is an excellent thread here in this forum by Loam on BBcode but it does not address scrolling. I also did a search with no help.

I'm thinking I might be doing something wrong script wise.

Any idears?
edit on 1/9/2012 by dezertdog because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/9/2012 by dezertdog because: subject

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
sounds like it would be really annoying to me. why would you need something like that?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Scripts such as for scrolling text and similar things are probably disabled board wide due to potential for malicious code also being added.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
yeah dont do it, animated avatars are one thing, but scrolling text and stuff - not worth it for the majority.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Create a transparent GIF image with scrolling text.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Just trying to be creative. Sorry that annoys you.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have been here for just over 4 years and have all kinds of site experience. I have never seen anyone with scrolling text in their signatures. I have seen animated avatars, but that is it.

I don't know that they have any code on this site, to allow for such a thing. If so, I think you would find most people objecting to it, as a distraction. I would not be surprised of ATS has such a thing blocked/disabled.

A lot of people don't even like the moving avatars.

Hmm, I guess a lot of us are dull

It would not bother me, so much as be a distraction for me. But I would not object to you or anyone else having scrolling text in their signature.

It's may be possible, I just do not know and have never seen the BBcode to make it happen.

edit on 9-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Thanx for the input.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Seems to be a forum faux pas. I'll have to reconsider doing this.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanx for sharing. Got respect for you long time ATS members.

I'll chalk this idea up as a bad move.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Thank you, but at the end of the day, I am just a member. I don't consider myself or any other member, more special than any other.

So, for what it is worth, I've much respect for you as well.

I don't think it is a bad idea. Just different, truth be told. Different can be good. But different can also freak people out until they get used to it.

I used to consider moving avatars a distraction. When I first joined only one member that I can recall, had one. Now several do. I got used to it.

So, yeah, scrolling text would probably distract me, but I would get used to it and probably hardly even notice it, after a while.

Honestly, if you can figure out a way to do it, I say give it a try. Who knows, it may grow on people. For what that is worth.

Also, if you have any questions or what have you, you are always welcome to send me a U2U

Peace and love.
edit on 10-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join